Diablo® III

Wicked Wind Tick Rate and Breakpoints

Legacy Zuni boots +7ias
Bump for great thread.
Why isn't this stickied yet?
I've got a tricky question here. With 1.65 Chantodo's Will and 82ias boost from gear and Slow Time - Time Stretch my character sheet shows exactly 3,00. Is that enough to reach that magical 3,001 breakpoint? In other words is 3,00 I see in my char's details are rounded from smth like 2,9999 or from smth like 3,002?
Your 82% after stretch time correct? That is in fact the breakpoint yes.

1.65 * 1.82 = 3.0030

I tested this case personally. It is 45 ticks.
Your 82% after stretch time correct? That is in fact the breakpoint yes.

1.65 * 1.82 = 3.0030

I tested this case personally. It is 45 ticks.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mad1Lee-2243/hero/195500 that is me. I got 1.65 wand and 63 ias from gear. Another 9 ias slot (chantodo's force) gives me that 3.00 on screen aps in bubble. Knowing that this is the breakpoint is weightlifting :), thanks.

So basically time stretch 10 ias works like ias from gear, is that right?
yes the 10% IAS from bubble is exactly the same as 10% IAS from a non-weapon.
12/03/2012 11:56 AMPosted by BDF
Why isn't this stickied yet?

Because this is the Wizard forum. Not the CM/WW optimization forum. This would be stickied in the latter if such a thing existed, without a doubt.

In any case, this is an excellent thread. What I love about it is that it works because it was executed in a scientific fashion -- most importantly its results are easily repeatable and testable and totally transparent to anyone reading. The best part is how someone then elucidates an equation to explain the trend of the empirical data initially compiled. I love me some science and how it is so beautiful, even when applied to computer gameplay.
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 12/5/2012 4:43 PM PST
Hey!

I have a question.
Is my attackspeed enough for my build??

Stats: (buffed)

Ais: 2,51
Cc: 55%
Apoc: 23
Cd: 270%
LoH: 1600

Allres: ~ 600

Hp: 40k

Dodi
shandler is a good friend but he drinks a lot. And his information is often poisoned by his alcohol problem. So please... do not believe what he says.
Hey!

I have a question.
Is my attackspeed enough for my build??

Stats: (buffed)

Ais: 2,51
Cc: 55%
Apoc: 23
Cd: 270%
LoH: 1600

Allres: ~ 600

Hp: 40k

Dodi

IMO, yes, your attack speed is enough for the build. More attack speed might make the build work a bit better but 2.51 is where it really starts to shine. 2.73 seems to be the magic number for Ubers though, unless you have some 60% Crit.
I'd like to swap my IAS Chant's Will for one with a socket, to increase damage. Any suggestions for me to reach 2.73 APS, using gear alone? I think I'd need a couple more pieces with IAS. I've looked at Tal Rasha's chest, but the loss of Res All from the Zuni's 3-set would be a big hit. Would a Chant's Force with APOC be the best place to start?

Also, can anyone describe how each damage stat actually affects DPS in CM/WW? Am I right in thinking that any increases in CC/CD/Int have an immediate effect on damage, but APS only has an effect after each breakpoint? Because even an intermediate rise in APS will change the displayed DPS, but I'm not sure this is true for the actual DPS?
Where can i find this table again that holds the tick rate according to the Crit Change and ATS. ?
10/07/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Shandlar
tick rates begin

Tick per sec or tick per 6 sec (Energy Twister time)?
01/10/2013 09:18 AMPosted by Direct
tick rates begin

Tick per sec or tick per 6 sec (Energy Twister time)?

The listed numbers tell number of ticks over the full life of a twister.

aka number of ticks from a single twister over 6 seconds.
I've read and read this thread over and over, and I still don't get it. Call me what you will, but I don't understand the formulas, calculations, nor the use of followers in accounting for your attack speed (AS). All I 'think' now is that my stats menu of 1.80 attacks per second (APS) is or isn't really happening. Also, are you saying that if I put IAS gear on my follower, that reflects on my stats? It sure doesn't change anything in the stats screen when I swaped gear around. If someone can break this attack speed / tick rating down barney style for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. What is a tick anyways?
You can go to www.d3up.com and you can compare contrast many different things on there. It will break everything down for you and show you what the stats would do if you wanted to change say a skill or a piece of equipment. It's sure help save me some money! Hope this helps!
View profile
barney style sure
u want to get to 2.51 - need 30 apoc or 20 apoc and use diamond skin prism
2.73 aps u can use 17-20apoc
3.01 ur a boss, but ur also rich cause its expensive to do it right
01/16/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Jonesy
I've read and read this thread over and over, and I still don't get it. Call me what you will, but I don't understand the formulas, calculations, nor the use of followers in accounting for your attack speed (AS). All I 'think' now is that my stats menu of 1.80 attacks per second (APS) is or isn't really happening. Also, are you saying that if I put IAS gear on my follower, that reflects on my stats? It sure doesn't change anything in the stats screen when I swaped gear around. If someone can break this attack speed / tick rating down barney style for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. What is a tick anyways?

First, a tick is basically when the spell actually deals damage. Every tic means you proc some LoH (12.5% of your total LoH to be exact, for WW currently).

Second, the only follower than can impact your AS is the chantress, who has a buff that adds 0.03 APS to your weapon base attack speed. The actual calculation is a little annoying so use an online calculator or spreadsheet if you plan to use her. IAS on followers does nothing for you, so it's all about the IAS on your gear, and of course your weapon AS.

Like SteelPhantom said above, just aim to get over 2.5 APS to start with. That will let you really see how the build works. Otherwise, don't worry about the specifics of it except for knowing what APS you need to reach the next breakpoint, which is around 2.73 APS, which will be your goal for Ubers, and probably for farming in general with the build.
--deleted--
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 1/17/2013 3:03 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]