Diablo® III

Wicked Wind Tick Rate and Breakpoints

^Then its likely a bug in the dagger not enchantress. I tested the display vs predicted IAS of my algorithm through 80 some gearing variations. Put a solid hour+ into the whole endeavour. The numbers fit and it explains how she gives 0.03 at low aps and sometimes 0.06 for high end aps.

Completely bare with and without enchantress also matches the dps perfectly for +0.03. So I have no explanation.
I have personally tried the attk speed of 3.0 without buff, I am at 3.02, its really damn fast makes alot of difference, thanks to the OP for sharing. Cheers.
10/08/2012 08:55 AMPosted by nitrocan
I have 3.14 APS with enchantress and 3.08 without her. Does that mean that I should use scoundrel instead for now?

Yes, you would.

As a general rule, unless you need the Enchantress to keep you above your current break point, the Scoundrel is a better choice.
10/08/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Phlier
I have 3.14 APS with enchantress and 3.08 without her. Does that mean that I should use scoundrel instead for now?

Yes, you would.

As a general rule, unless you need the Enchantress to keep you above your current break point, the Scoundrel is a better choice.

which is my case, i was happy using scoundrel but now knowing the breakpoints i think the enchantress has to go back. I am at 2.5 with her and 2.46 with scoundrel...

I could lower 60 my ar to slot some legacy inna pants i have which would increase my cc and ias enough to allow me to drop enchantress for more cc.... But im not sure i totally like lowering my resists considering im broderline with them. Suppose i will have to lower dps by buying a new ar + cc + ias ring to compensate.
BTW thx for the hard work on those tests, and specially with sharing them guys!

had been following the eu post, but only read till where you guys were having some slightly dif test results, good that you finally have some consensus, and made it public so we can all profit
This is really really excellent work. I must commend everyone involved. It looks like 3.0 APS is the "realistic" point to shoot for if possible.

I'm waiting for 1.05 to upgrade my jewelry but I should be able to get there even using scoundrel by upgrading one ring and ammy (I'm at 2.71 APS now).

That said, coming up with the $$$ for max CC/IAS bling bling aint gonna be cheap.
View profile
^expensive and still not as good. I have no idea why we still screw with it. I played scrambling archon for about 4 hour in ptr and just breezed through mp3. This is with cm gear lol.

WW way overnerfed. And meteors dont even get me started.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/8/2012 10:58 AM PDT
^expensive and still not as good. I have no idea why we still screw with it. I played scrambling archon for about 4 hour in ptr and just breezed through mp3. This is with cm gear lol.

WW way overnerfed. And meteors dont even get me started.

:(

But it is true that Archon is better unless you're going for keys.

The wizard forums are just a compilation of lost hope.
Edited by nitrocan#1478 on 10/8/2012 11:07 AM PDT
yeah, doing lower mp levels with archon is way more effective, specially now that there is really no point in rushing to farm mp10 for da ring.

But i still rather have a working cm build for group play, so im happy ive been able to get to entry level cm while keeping my archon gear. still can go both way depending on what i want.
Ya'll crazy. Whites don't actually drop legends, its all lies.

Quitters, all ya'll lol.
Ya'll crazy. Whites don't actually drop legends, its all lies.

Quitters, all ya'll lol.

I heard they don't give exp either :P
nay not quitters, still rolling with cm, actually it has been my big investment/preparation for 1.05. But u gotta admit its nowhere near as good as before even with way better gear, specially with the last stealth nerf.

its just pointing out the facts.
View profile
Thank you Shandlar, Apo and Guybrush for your hard work and sharing this valuable information.
View profile
What last stealth nerf?
^lol most of my legendaries/set drops are from whites. Can't say that they were any good however... so maybe you are right.
^Then its likely a bug in the dagger not enchantress. I tested the display vs predicted IAS of my algorithm through 80 some gearing variations. Put a solid hour+ into the whole endeavour. The numbers fit and it explains how she gives 0.03 at low aps and sometimes 0.06 for high end aps.

Completely bare with and without enchantress also matches the dps perfectly for +0.03. So I have no explanation.

I guess you are right. It's just that there are so many uncertainties, I'm getting a little paranoid :D
It's probably safe to say the responsible programmer is an evil genius. Everything related to attack speed and attack speed scaling seems to be specifically designed to confuse the hell out of people like us.
10/08/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Aimless
What last stealth nerf?
aimless, the uping of cc resistance to rares and bosses
View profile
Oh yeah and all these nerfs did was ruin build diversity. Meteors forgetaboutit. Just does not spam. WW is okay but with no point in farming high lvls like becuase of paragons and a little MF you're way more efficient as a budget archon rolling MP2, if you follow stevers guide, there really is no point to playing CM at all. With all these CM builds there was slow windup and while fine cuz we could worm hole pack to pack that mode of travel way slower now too cuz i often find myself empty on AP after taking out a pack. So more walking. Well. If you're gonna walk more may as well walk at archon MS which most run 24 at least something more with scramble.

CM more inefficient, less rewards, more time, more money with OP archon out there. I wont switch cuz I'm im committed melee wiz but for any noobs or sane ppl I recommend archon as only viable end game wiz.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/8/2012 11:33 AM PDT
yeah lol stevers archon guide, when i read it i though he based it around my budget gearing options XD.

We def got to very similar conclusions about how to get to it in a sort of cheaply manner, that was like a little more than one month ago for me.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]