Diablo® III

Wicked Wind Tick Rate and Breakpoints

Oh yeah and all these nerfs did was ruin build diversity. Meteors forgetaboutit. Just does not spam. WW is okay but with no point in farming high lvls like becuase of paragons and a little MF you're way more efficient as a budget archon rolling MP2, if you follow stevers guide, there really is no point to playing CM at all. With all these CM builds there was slow windup and while fine cuz we could worm hole pack to pack that mode of travel way slower now too cuz i often find myself empty on AP after taking out a pack. So more walking. Well. If you're gonna walk more may as well walk at archon MS which most run 24 at least something more with scramble.

CM more inefficient, less rewards, more time, more money with OP archon out there. I wont switch cuz I'm im committed melee wiz but for any noobs or sane ppl I recommend archon as only viable end game wiz.

True. Archon for solo farming, CM for group play and fun, 'nuff said.

And you can always use the CM gears to run Archon! (at least most of the gears). So gearing for CM = profit ! ! !
View profile
Oh yeah and all these nerfs did was ruin build diversity. Meteors forgetaboutit. Just does not spam. WW is okay but with no point in farming high lvls like becuase of paragons and a little MF you're way more efficient as a budget archon rolling MP2, if you follow stevers guide, there really is no point to playing CM at all. With all these CM builds there was slow windup and while fine cuz we could worm hole pack to pack that mode of travel way slower now too cuz i often find myself empty on AP after taking out a pack. So more walking. Well. If you're gonna walk more may as well walk at archon MS which most run 24 at least something more with scramble.

CM more inefficient, less rewards, more time, more money with OP archon out there. I wont switch cuz I'm im committed melee wiz but for any noobs or sane ppl I recommend archon as only viable end game wiz.

True. Archon for solo farming, CM for group play and fun, 'nuff said.

And you can always use the CM gears to run Archon! (at least most of the gears). So gearing for CM = profit ! ! !

Could but much of the expensive IAS is wasted - we could be better with more cd. Much of the loh and mitigation wasted money too. Anyway sure we can but it's an expensive way to get to a mid tier mid dps archon.
I'm not quite sure if this thread is for trolling purposes or.... ROFL.
!@#$ this %^-*
I don't think it was completely concluded in the previous posts, so here's how the echantress works.

She adds 0.03 attacks per second to your weapon attack speed, after applying IAS on the weapon, but before applying IAS on gear. That's the reason the calculations on the OP yield the correct results.

I run my own spreadsheet on Diablofans so I had to figure that out and can't remember where I read it.
@Loroese: I see you posted this over at diablofans. I honestly didn't know you guys were working in parallel on almost the same issue/question. Seems like we had the same kind of epiphany just 2 days apart :D
Anyways, if you are interested in thought process, details and modelling attempts check https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208511084 starting somewhere at the end of page 4.
I also tried to link the data for barb sprint tornados (found here http://www.diablofans.com/topic/60725-research-sprint-of-tornado-ticks-scaling-with-aps/ ) to this.
It looks somewhat similar, but we were not able to figure out the underlying algorithm yet.
Edited by apo#2677 on 10/8/2012 2:31 PM PDT
Adding reply just to track this post.
Free bump.
10/08/2012 08:55 AMPosted by nitrocan
I have 3.14 APS with enchantress and 3.08 without her. Does that mean that I should use scoundrel instead for now?

I wouldn't use the enchantress for anything other than MF, her IAS buff is extremely unreliable because you lose the buff when she goes down.

The scoundrel is far superior to the enchantress, you don't lose the 3% crit bonus when he goes down, and he can cc like a god with his bow if you stack things like windforce, star of azkaranth, puzzle ring, etc on him.
@Loroese: I see you posted this over at diablofans. I honestly didn't know you guys were working in parallel on almost the same issue/question. Seems like we had the same kind of epiphany just 2 days apart :D
Anyways, if you are interested in thought process, details and modelling attempts check https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5208511084 starting somewhere at the end of page 4.
I also tried to link the data for barb sprint tornados (found here http://www.diablofans.com/topic/60725-research-sprint-of-tornado-ticks-scaling-with-aps/ ) to this.
It looks somewhat similar, but we were not able to figure out the underlying algorithm yet.

I didn't know that any such information was around when I tried to do my own study and came to the same conclusions as that link you posted and the results here. I probably still would have done the study if I had known, if for no reason than to convince myself that the WW behavior is as presented, namely that higher attack speeds lead to more LoH type procs yet the damage output remains unchanged. That seems very counterintuitive to me but it is indeed how it works.
10/08/2012 07:27 PMPosted by TasteDeath
I wouldn't use the enchantress for anything other than MF, her IAS buff is extremely unreliable because you lose the buff when she goes down.

For those guys that need to use the Enchantress to maintain their attack speed break point, consider throwing a Schaefer's Hammer on her. The "Protected by Lightning" proc will keep her from dying in most encounters. Very rarely will she die, actually.
10/08/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Phlier

For those guys that need to use the Enchantress to maintain their attack speed break point, consider throwing a Schaefer's Hammer on her. The "Protected by Lightning" proc will keep her from dying in most encounters. Very rarely will she die, actually.

The proc is just crappy storm armor, she will still die very easily with it. I have a schaefer's with 333 vit, my enchantress has almost 100k life with it and she still dies a lot...
10/08/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Phlier

Get her a high Vit Maximus. The Demon summoned is real tanky. My enchantress never dies.

The proc is just crappy storm armor, she will still die very easily with it. I have a schaefer's with 333 vit, my enchantress has almost 100k life with it and she still dies a lot...

Interesting.. mine hardly ever dies. /shrug

Edit: I hadn't run with the Enchantress for a while, so I brought her along to try this out again. I made her tank a bunch of stuff. She died very seldom, and when the armor proc was on, she was damn near invincible. The only times she died was when the armor failed to proc. Once it did, she was good to go.

Not sure why yours dies... Schaefer's is close to God Mode on mine.
Edited by Phlier#1826 on 10/9/2012 5:40 AM PDT
Archon mid term = 500m..
CM/ww mid term = 1b..
Reroll a barb = priceless..
Edited by LaoShu#6833 on 10/8/2012 9:43 PM PDT

Get her a high Vit Maximus. The Demon summoned is real tanky. My enchantress never dies.

Maximus is a good suggestion. mine doesn't even have vit & my enchantress has bad defense. but she still rarely dies because the demon is tanky & most creeps go after him

EDIT: actually, i have an average-geared monk friend & the demon tanks better than him. lol. & when the demon dies, he respawns very quick
Edited by Valcrist#6473 on 10/8/2012 9:51 PM PDT
Nice work!

10/07/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Madstrike
awesome, I think every cm wiz will appreciate this as now we can look for a breakpoint to reach.

Diablo 2 is back! Who said in the dev blog on IAS nerf that they refrain from introducing complicated formulae like diminishing returns and breakpoints?
So should I use Hammer or Maximus? The demon seems more useful to me really.
10/09/2012 04:12 AMPosted by novice
So should I use Hammer or Maximus? The demon seems more useful to me really.

That demon is godlike.
View profile
^ demon FTW. over 50% chance to dodge! Its hilarious watching baddies ignore me while I wind up.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]