Diablo® III

Wicked Wind Tick Rate and Breakpoints

I think the answer would be what that you'd probably be okay with a Mempo, but your attack speed is still low. I seem to recall it was the 2.51 breakpoint that you can start aiming for lower APoC. I'm using less APoC myself, but I'm compensating with the Prism Rune. But you can easily try out the change with a generic helmet+Slow Time (Stretch Time) and then see how you do. The best way to test is your own testing! :)
Finally reached 3.01 APS and it feels great :)
Dropped dps from 125k to around 100k, but EHP got a decent boost during the process, so I think the trade off is fair. Kill speed feels almost like before despite the drop in dps, but I certainly feel tankier now. I guess I'm ready now for 1.05, so let it come.
Is pinpoint armor now more beneficial than storm armor (shocking aspect) considering the lower proc rate, or is shocking aspect still the one to go for?
10/13/2012 01:00 AMPosted by HolyTedMan
Is pinpoint armor now more beneficial than storm armor (shocking aspect) considering the lower proc rate, or is shocking aspect still the one to go for?

It all depends on the MP level you are looking to farm and your damage mitigation. The buff to elemental damage has made MP6 Shocknadoshards feel on the edge for me and MP7 woth Storm Armor feels like a flat out challenge. MP5...I can use Storm Armor and carry on a conversation without worrying too much about dying.

If you're talking MP10, I've only been successful using Storm in Act 1 as there are fewer ranged mobs (like Act 3) and fewer weird elemental damage creature (wasps, lacunis, etc. in Act 2).

Energy Armor is mostly necessary for MP10. Pick your flavor. I still haven't decided on mine, but I prefer prismatic if I'm doing Stonefort or Fields. Keeps...I think you can get away with Storm Armor if you are careful and have good armor/AR and watch out for the maniacs and quill attacks.
View profile
I'm finally getting SNS working again. It's back to fracture for me - the best mitigation spell IMO offering 66%+ chance to dodge. Keeping clones up all the time and with good positioning and movement I rarely get hit.

Like say a mob is semi stunned in front of me. I try and make it so clones are always between me and them - not the face to face spam we are used to. Clones take hits instead of me and I can still bring SNS damages.
Edited by s8a8i14#1348 on 10/13/2012 8:28 PM PDT
storm armor pinpoint, prismatic. it dont matter. I can make it all work
Finally reached 3.01 APS and it feels great :)
Dropped dps from 125k to around 100k, but EHP got a decent boost during the process, so I think the trade off is fair. Kill speed feels almost like before despite the drop in dps, but I certainly feel tankier now. I guess I'm ready now for 1.05, so let it come.

Gratz man :) your gears are excellent!
im a cheap bastard! hehehe

i Finally found the key to getting my gear sorted out, i have managed to get to the 2.73 breakpoint while sort of maintaining ehp for less than 100 mil. Legacy legends are so cheap u can afford them with AR!

I am sitting now at:

2.74 aps, 47.5cc, 60k dps, 20 apoc, 4.3k armour, 600 ar, 900 loh and 30k hp.

I got a legacy tals chest wich has native ar, armour and mf with 3 sokets for like 8 mil and some legacy innas pants with ar and vit for 2 mil.

I lost plenty int, but the dps didnt suffer too much coz of the extra ias. But anyways, there is something people can also check out if they need that extra little ias umph to hit a breackpoint and not loose excesive ehp in the process. Its gona let you farm with cm, at a lower mp than you bill gold guys for sure, but with this i can farm mp4-mp5 using sns. I doubt you can get an archon setup that can farm mp4-mp5 for this price.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 10/13/2012 6:22 PM PDT
im a cheap bastard! hehehe

i Finally found the key to getting my gear sorted out, i have managed to get to the 2.73 breakpoint while sort of maintaining ehp for less than 100 mil. Legacy legends are so cheap u can afford them with AR!

I am sitting now at:

2.74 aps, 47.5cc, 60k dps, 20 apoc, 4.3k armour, 600 ar, 900 loh and 30k hp.

I got a legacy tals chest wich has native ar, armour and mf with 3 sokets for like 8 mil and some legacy innas pants with ar and vit for 2 mil.

I lost plenty int, but the dps didnt suffer too much coz of the extra ias. But anyways, there is something people can also check out if they need that extra little ias umph to hit a breackpoint and not loose excesive ehp in the process. Its gona let you farm with cm, at a lower mp than you bill gold guys for sure, but with this i can farm mp4-mp5 using sns. I doubt you can get an archon setup that can farm mp4-mp5 for this price.

Very nicely done.

Good to see someone come up with a build that'll work without costing a fortune.
thx!

well its still not cheap specially considering my most expensive piece of gear was a drop and i got some very good deals by ah-lurking and sniping. But getting in spec is going to be achiavable with out spending nine digit numbers, i think it should be maybe some 150-200 mil starting from scratch. Just need to focus on balancing the stats in the gear purchases.

Ps: i have just read shandlars numbers on the mp/droperate i should look ito it a bit deeper and find out what should the best mpl be for a 50-60k cm wiz be, but it should scale with the lower dps. Maybe considering you need a bit higher mpl to compensate for the windup, something like 4 or 5, which these stats should manage, would be optimal.
when the hell did i say this !@#$?
Edited by s8a8i14#1348 on 10/13/2012 8:28 PM PDT
10/13/2012 07:46 PMPosted by s8a8i14
all i got to say is that im big. Real big guys. It's not even normal big

when the hell did i say this !@#$?

Were you drunk lol
Worth swapping a 1050 1.64 will with 92cd native for 1200 will with 1.78/1.79 atk speed?
10/13/2012 09:23 PMPosted by LaoShu
Worth swapping a 1050 1.64 will with 92cd native for 1200 will with 1.78/1.79 atk speed?

Depends on what items you already have. Generally the IAS one is better cause the breakpoints help so much with overall build function. If you already have at least 63% IAS on your gear however I would just find a socketted 1.65 to meet the 2.74 breakpoint and keep the sweet dps that comes with the CD on wand.
i used a calculator to compare. the result is :
117k, 2.52 with 1050 92%cd will
102k, 2.70 with 1250 1.79 will

i lose over 15k dps from swapping the wand..
my current stat on 2.52ias with enchantress
117k dps
30 apoc
47% cc
500ar, 54k hp, 3.5k armor
1.8k LOH.
i was thinking to drop storm armor for pris + pin point, it would give me a armor boost and a 5% cc since it doesn't proc that much anymore.
trying to increase ias without dropping hp nor dps..
Edited by LaoShu#6833 on 10/13/2012 10:10 PM PDT
View profile
despide the dps loss u need the wand, just b/c of the fact that 2.73 is a very impt pt to hit to make cm work in 1.05
10/13/2012 10:31 PMPosted by SteelPhantom
despide the dps loss u need the wand, just b/c of the fact that 2.73 is a very impt pt to hit to make cm work in 1.05

asuming 2.73 is for 20apoc at 36 rate,
while i'm on 2.52 with 30apoc at 33 rate.

if acording to calculation, wasn't 2.52 30apoc > 2.73 20 apoc? by 3 tick rate different.
asuming 2.73 is for 20apoc at 36 rate,
while i'm on 2.52 with 30apoc at 33 rate.

if acording to calculation, wasn't 2.52 30apoc > 2.73 20 apoc? by 3 tick rate different.

Yes but the tickrate applies to more than just APoC. AP is more a 'get enough' thing. Then you want CC and IAS for faster chaining. More CM the better.
Since I already hit 3 APS, I'm now looking at ways to balance/tweak my build even more. I'm thinking about lowering my APS to 2.73 to open some more options. Looking at the set Sage's Grasp and Sage's Orbit will give armor a pretty good boost and the (random) stats can be nice too (the usual cc, ias and chd on the gloves). And above all, they're very affordable (both items combined cost a fraction of a Mempo). So don't know why fellow wizards don't use them more.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]