Diablo® III

Wicked Wind Tick Rate and Breakpoints

View profile
all that math is wrong cuz it fails to account for EB and shard crits at higher ias.

Again I run like a swiss clock with 20 apoc/49.5 in game crit and 2.76 ias.

If I felt 30 apoc was need I'd still have it cause I had apoc chants and non in hand at same time.

You don't need 60% CC either.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 10/14/2012 9:37 AM PDT
20*0.125*0.495*(36/6) = 7.425....

so what you're saying is my current gear is unviable for 1.0.5? =/

You are a good example so is nitro of 20 apoc users. Y'all still bought the overpriced source but wanted more for a helm like mempo and that's a fine choice. But 3 srouces of apoc not needed. We all think it is cuz as we worked our way up in ias running like 2.4 it was - that's why I bought apoc chants - but i soon found my 1.77 wand taking me to 2.76 it was unnecessary.

The goal for me right now is to maintain good defensive stats, use a socket chant, and still maintain 2.74aps. I opted against lacunis/innas simply because ones with high defensive stats either don't exist or are well out of my price range. I had to get ias from my helm, plus mempo offered great defensive stats. I sniped my chants for a good deal, so I don't feel too bad. I agree with you they're well overpriced right now.
will 18 apoc suffice? my wand is 9 apoc. getting a helm with 9 apoc as well...
Aimless, you are right. Just tested with 18 APoC, 2.75 aps, and 49.5 CC. It worked, clear FoS and a few areas (no tower yet) of MP 6 no sweat, that's all I need. There were very nasty packs of Herald and Spearman, but they were no problem. Lol I always though I need 3+ aps before thinking about dropping APoC. Seem like I overestimated APoC haha. Maybe this is not enough for MP 10, but since I plan to farm MP 6, I just need it to work this well xD
Guess i dont need that 1.79 wand after all.

Since i intend to get witching hour.. and chant source.. those 2 give me ~ around 8-9

Chest 8
Amulet Ring Ring 8 ias each 24 ias
Witching Hour 8
Source 8-9
Glove 9

Woo hoo
^All seven pieces have to be 9% if you want the 2.74 tickbreak with enchantress and a 1.65 chants wand.

You can cheat it with stretch time however. At high end MP you don't really use wormhole much anyway.
View profile
Thats the problem everything has to be 9 or you have to use crap like innas or lacuni which will kill your D. I opted for ias wand cuz rolling 9s everywhere and having to use enchantress is a big hit financially and team games where enchantress can't roll. ias chants wand is like two free 8s somewhere making up a huge deceit on a budget. sure dps will suffer - theres no free lunch - but at least you're rollin.
all I need is 9% WH and 2% more atk speed + enchantress to 2.7378 atk speed but Im fine anyway. mp6 is not efficient for me for drop(item,gold) and experience. I need more dps.mp3-mp4 seems the sweet spot. Probably wont try to get the hellfire ring, it gonna take so much time to 9% atk speed, 4%CC with resist.... and I can buy a good ring for cheap in AH anyway. Only good for the 35%more exp, l'll see...
Actually with a 1.78 wand and WH, you have a free slot for CD, ideally Amulet, 1.78 * 1.54 = 2.74. This setup is way better than a CD Chant Wand. With a CD Chant Wand and 7 perfect IAS items (2 rings, ammy, gloves, chest, belt, source), you can only reach 1.65 * 1.63 = 2.69 aps.

So actually there is no DPS loss, because Amulet can now roll max CD. And you benefit from the aps breakpoint, which is huge.
Edited by novice#1750 on 10/14/2012 10:22 AM PDT
my small donation to this thread.
Attack Speed calculator for people who need a simulator.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apv-KloMM_JIdE5WM184MzBVaU1yd2lLNHJDSW5CVkE

edit : since doc is editable by all, please be careful not to delete the formula's, i have no idea how to protect them
Edited by Nir#2423 on 10/14/2012 10:37 AM PDT
I hear Blizzard is drawn to math that makes sense, and likes to nerf the efficiency of the things demonstrated by it.

Blizzard wants wizards to cast blizzard and summon hydras, and use ineffective range spells with zero synergy with one another to kill stuff.... slowly... and painfully after many deaths.

Telling people exactly what stats they need to make CM/Wicked Wind work in 1.0.5, is not going to fly under Blizzard's radar.
Actually with a 1.78 wand and WH, you have a free slot for CD, ideally Amulet, 1.78 * 1.54 = 2.74. This setup is way better than a CD Chant Wand. With a CD Chant Wand and 7 perfect IAS items (2 rings, ammy, gloves, chest, belt, source), you can only reach 1.65 * 1.63 = 2.69 aps.

So actually there is no DPS loss, because Amulet can now roll max CD. And you benefit from the aps breakpoint, which is huge.

Enchantress solo, stretch time multi.

Way to crap all over my master plan... =,(
Err I mean to play coop and use Teleport lol. At least that's what I'm going to do. With enchantress or ST, the IAS burden on gears is significantly lower though. But imo they are a bit unreliable, well maybe there are people who are always solo, or master Slow Time alr (*.*)
Edited by novice#1750 on 10/14/2012 10:34 AM PDT
View profile
I coop/high mp i use fracture. Back to my 1.0.3 roots when I didnt have armor or resists. if you kite your clones well and port out of disasters in time it's almost impossible to die.
Really good stuff here.

Thanks for this, really helps.

Enchantress solo, stretch time multi.

Way to crap all over my master plan... =,(

On a side note, just saw your new source Shand, good lord! >_<
do these same numbers still apply after the patch?
Numbers are all accurate for 1.05 yes.
Will 19 APoC and 2.5 atk spd be good enough :S ?

Thanks for this : )
View profile
depends on your crit i think, im running 19 or 20 apoc depending on if i need loh helm, and im doing okay
I shouldnt be alrite but i am for some odd reason that i honestly dont really understand
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 10/18/2012 9:26 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]