Diablo® III

Mid-game crash

crash report: http://cl.samdmarshall.com/JygK

Blizzard Error Report ID: 6AC6D088-D17D-4ABB-B0CE-2ABCFA568B08
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey DirkGently,

I checked this report out, and it seems to be related to sound caches. Have you tried to rebuild your game caches and see if it helps?

Rebuild the Diablo III Cache
    1. Navigate to /Applications/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs and delete the Cache folder.
    2. Then, navigate to Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent and delete the Agent.db file.
    3. Run the Diablo III Launcher and let the game update it's files.
    4. Press Play when you see Game is up to date
Reply Quote
Due to the nature of the crash, would it be wise to just start deleting the Cache folder prior to launch to prevent this from happening altogether until a patch is introduced with a fix to this? I am running the game off an SSD, so access speed shouldn't be an issue. So to me this sounds like bad/invalid cache data. I am not sure how I would go about reproducing this has it has happened to me only a few times since launch and in no specific location or action seems tied to it.
Reply Quote
I at times also delete the cache and other such files. And even from a platter HDD you should have no major slow downs while running the game. I know a few apps I have have had sound related issues in OS X 10.8 so maybe it's a wait and see if Blizzard or Apple can find a fix to things like this.
Reply Quote
I've cleared out the cache before launching and it seems to be happening still:

1CA5A265-D49C-4879-A48A-20DE3EC4676C

Please escalate.
Reply Quote
Again: 2C8989EA-E491-4B81-B20E-8215E4593B5A
Reply Quote
today is just my lucky day: 1C69D8C5-96CE-45E8-AC61-1459B81FEF09
Reply Quote
77B74C05-0963-4422-BE9F-C42FA0DBED86
Reply Quote
After a number of times of clearing the cache files it seems to be a problem with the Agent.db file not being valid and causing the cache to be created improperly. Someone should really look into validating the Agent.db file during launch to make sure you aren't going to cause a crash. If doing it at launch isn't possible then please add a runtime check to prevent this from happening.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks DirkGently. Did your issue get resolved? I'll get with the team about this and see if they can see what the specific issue is and if this is really a caching issue or something else.

I know you can just delete the cache and just log into the game without it rebuilding. It may rebuilding during game play.
Reply Quote
The crash logs are actually all from the same thing. I would delete the caches folder, log into the game, resume game, then try to move a square topaz from my inventory to my stash and it would crash with the same error EACH time I tried this until I deleted the Agent.db file.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Looking at the additional reports, it may not be the cache itself. What actions are you doing prior to the crash? Are you clicking on some chests, or breaking things open?
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Machkhan
Looking at the additional reports, it may not be the cache itself. What actions are you doing prior to the crash? Are you clicking on some chests, or breaking things open?

I was doing absolutely nothing prior. I logged in walked directly to my stash and tried to put stuff in it.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Does this happen every time you put stuff in your stash, or just this one time?
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Machkhan
Does this happen every time you put stuff in your stash, or just this one time?

As far as I could tell it was just the one item, specifically a gem. I was able to clear up the issue by deleting the Agent.db file. Prior to deleting that file I was deleting the /Applications/Diablo III/Data_D3/PC/MPQs/Cache folder multiple times with the same result (crashing). After I deleted the Cache folder AND the Agent.db file I couldn't reproduce the crash.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks, I've sent this up for feedback review.

Does this mean the issue persists still or was it fully resolved now?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]