DISHONORED vs Diablo 3

Dishonored is FPS/RPG
Diablo 3 is Isometric/RPG

Which game is better ?
Reply Quote
d3 is not a RPG,
Reply Quote
Dishonored just released and almost no one has played it

and you're comparing two completely different games based around different aspects of game play in genres that are nothing alike.

That being said i'm pretty sure you'd have more fun on dishonored
Reply Quote
Time to go play Dishonored and XCOM, hopefully when I'm done with them 1.0.5 would be release on live and PTR would be starting 1.0.6.
Reply Quote
I didnt even know about Dishonored till I accidently clicked a trailer about it , After watching a few reviews etc I quickly pre ordered it last night .
Reply Quote
Dishonored is Thief in spirit
Reply Quote
Never played Thief, but just downloaded Dishonored.
Kind of on the fence so far, but then again most games nowadays leave a fowl taste in my mouth... maybe I'm just getting too old for games, or maybe I'm still waiting for that "ohemgee" moment just before I become completely immersed, kinda like how wow was in Vanilla and BC.
Reply Quote
I'd say, XCOM is better than Torchlight II. :P
Reply Quote
Never played Thief, but just downloaded Dishonored.
Kind of on the fence so far, but then again most games nowadays leave a fowl taste in my mouth... maybe I'm just getting too old for games, or maybe I'm still waiting for that "ohemgee" moment just before I become completely immersed, kinda like how wow was in Vanilla and BC.

Dishonored is quite good but it definately reminds me of games like thief which are stealthy based FPS type games .

The cool thing about dishonored is the magic system which allows you to set up some amazing combos .

Unfortunately its easier to murder everyone than to avoid combat .
Reply Quote
Just got dishonored last night... LOVE IT. Doesn't really compare to D3 though... different type of game entirely, but here is how I see the two games:

The gameplay in dishonored feels tense. Lots of sneaking around, eavesdropping, stealth murder, and careful planning. You are always on the verge of being caught/seen which creates a good amount of excitement and suspense. Its a very cerebral and tactical experience and a great game to play alone with the lights off.

Playing D3 is long periods of boredom punctuated by moments of frustration and the rare euphoria of finding a decent item. Much funner with friends so you can joke about how bad the drops are.
Reply Quote
Dishonored is FPS/RPG
Diablo 3 is Isometric/RPG

Which game is better ?

Trying to compare apples and oranges makes you look like a retard.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 07:11 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf

two completely different games.. it's like saying GTA is better than Final Fantasy
Edited by Orion#1762 on 10/12/2012 10:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Both games are boring.

If either one wins the GotY award, I might record myself crying for 3 hours on YouTube.
Edited by menacefox#1681 on 10/12/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

two completely different games.. it's like saying GTA is better than Final Fantasy

No Man... XCOM is somewhat Strategy and RPG too... somewhat related.

graphics wise you could compare it to D3's engine as well just that it's turn-based. (It's running on Unreal engine)

It is awesome. I would defend XCOM all the way due to its brilliance. Way too little innovative strategy rpg games out there.
Edited by MarkXKiller#6473 on 10/18/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote

No Man... XCOM is somewhat Strategy and RPG too... somewhat related.

graphics wise you could compare it to D3's engine as well just that it's turn-based. (It's running on Unreal engine)

It is awesome. I would defend XCOM all the way due to its brilliance. Way too little innovative strategy rpg games out there.

actually youre wrong there arealmost no rpg elements (aside from a few "skins" and the ability to name a character) and it isn't a loot based ARPG like TL2 so the two games don't even belong in the same group. A better comparison would be Final Fantasy tactics and X-Com.. and FFT is a much better game
Edited by Orion#1762 on 10/23/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]