Diablo® III

Intel/nVidia or AMD/ATI

I'm not simply asking what is better. I'd like to know what are the pros/cons of each.
(Please keep it chill, this is a discussion, not an ePeen contest)
Reply Quote
I just go with whatever is best whenever i feel like building something. Had both numerous time over the years; you also forgot amd/nvidia or intel/ati.. just like games, you'd be wise to simply pick your choice "on the moment" you need it/ the budget you have at the time, instead of going for a company name brand. The real secret trick to build up a nice system is to balance the hardware all around; no point putting a 1k$ card in a 50$ junk box.
Reply Quote
Well, for a start, AMD is way behind on everything. Intel is pricey, but you get what you pay for. I have an i7 2600k, I paid 300$ something. I could have gotten an AMD chip, but the performance wasn't worth it, so i paid and extra 100$. I favor Intel, you get what you pay for. AMD is pretty much for general usage.

AMD is also behind on GPU tech. Nvidia hands down. AMD = cheap prices, performance suffers. Nvidia = Mid class pricey, great performance.

I agree with Malach, there's no point in putting a 1k card in a junk box. My opinion, and the benchmarks even prove it, I would go Nvidia/Intel.

If you are looking to build a new rig, let me know. I'd be glad to help. All of my pc's are custom build. I never could ask for a better machine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]