Diablo® III

nerfed Hellfire Ring, a waste of time

whats the point in farming many many hours on mp5+ for the materials, when you can find similar rings on ah with max 5-10 mil. seriously.

is it even possible to roll a hellfire ring with socket ?
Reply Quote
The xp bonus is really good on a ring with potentially great stats. Actually I can see it being very, very strong. The proc may need a buff, or it could do with another affix slot but I will still be looking for it.
Reply Quote
Well, at least they're making 1.05 not fun BEFORE they release it.
Reply Quote
View profile
Legendaries should not be doing in the millions of damage. That is way OP'd, I know that players want to be an unkillable uber leet god with instant I win buttons. But having zero challenge gets old very fast.
Reply Quote
they way over nerfed it, for all the time and work we should get something good.
Reply Quote
/dead thread
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 03:41 AMPosted by bruta
is it even possible to roll a hellfire ring with socket ?

My hellfire has a socket.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 03:47 AMPosted by Starbird
The xp bonus is really good on a ring with potentially great stats. Actually I can see it being very, very strong. The proc may need a buff, or it could do with another affix slot but I will still be looking for it.

yeah ... the potential to be great. Just like many other items. They have only the potential.

Sadly, that doesnt help really when you crafted your 10th ring and it is still not even more usefull compared to the rings you have already.

This "RNG" on some items like many lvl63 legendaries and set items is not really motivational. To much randomness on everything.

10/09/2012 04:11 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Legendaries should not be doing in the millions of damage. That is way OP'd, I know that players want to be an unkillable uber leet god with instant I win buttons. But having zero challenge gets old very fast.

well Diablo 2 was uh, fun for more then a decade. So just giving the monsters more health and damage alone (like with the MP levels), but not the chance to find the equipment by playing to beat it in a decent time is a mistake in my eyes.

that was already the issue with Inferno before any patches. People never really complained about the difficulty but the fact that it was to difficult to find usefull items to play the content.

The right decision was it to lower the difficulty so that your character feels "powerfull" again. But with the MP levels which are a good idea (on paper) it is now more difficult then ever to gear up for the difficulty. Its not a very rewarding nor motivational experience. A core issue with D3 in my eyes and something that was not present in D2. If like only 5 % of the player base can really reach it (in other words playing it with a decent speed), then you have created a situation where many people will feel excluded from the content. Not a good evolution.

I mean as example, D2 was difficult but it was not to difficult. Everyone could reach a position where he was "immortal" and thus farming was very fun. Killing bosses and elite monsters. That is the core of Diablo for me. To be more powerfull then the creatures you kill.

In D3 its rather a frustrating experience. Particuilarly when you even find a so called "high end" item, but it has nothing usefull on it. After 3 mempos, 3 skorns and 2 lacunis and god knows how many useless set items I am somewhat not even motivated enough to play the game. As much as I love D3 ... but this randomness with some items.

And on top of it all you have this skill system which feels more like from WoW or some generic MMO then a hack and slay game. To many cool down times and to much resource management.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 12/9/2012 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
hated this "RNG" more and more.

anyone really enjoy the 'random' nature of your reward?

All drops are not proportional to your game skills, your time spent etc !

kind of strange for a game to be such !
Reply Quote
well it should be a combination between randomness and a treasure hunt to say that. This is what they made Diablo 2 with LoD and all the patches. It is interesting how many flaws get repeated again by Diablo 3 as like the team working on D3 has not even touched D2. When D2 was released you had many similar issues, like useless legendary/Set items for example and a lot of randomness on the content. With each patch this was changed to the point where some items would have a high chance to be usefull thus making the game a treasure hunt in the hope that you get one of those items. This is what motivates people and what makes it exciting to identify legendariy and set items.

In D3? Not so much. Even if I get some lvl63 legendary, particiularly a weapon, I know 99% of the time that it is a brimstone ... because as it is now, only a skorn has even the potential to be usefull and valuable because if you really want to play a twohand build there is no other alternative a 1600 dps IK hammer is not even close to a 1300-1400 skorn with the right stats. So that means from all the legendaries only a very small number has even the potential to be great and on top of it it has to get the right rolls. So its a randomnes on top of some randomness together with some randomness ...

for yellow items thats really a great thing, because they have a small chance to be as good if not even better then some legendaries. But particularly items which are meant to be "high end" content should not contain THAT much randomness. Particuilarly when you consider that the game has become more difficult then ever with the MP levels. - Reflect Damage for example was for many not a problem before we got the MP lvls, just as example.

Now someone might say that you dont have to play MP10 or what ever. But then we have the same issue like with Inferno before the patch ... to difficult? Dont play it! And you will see a lot of people simply leaving the game in frustration. And for a game like D3 thats not good because the AH and pretty much all around it works only if there are a lot of people.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 12/9/2012 3:41 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]