Diablo® III

Blue: Bonus Item

The monster also has a chance to drop an additional bonus item. The chance to drop a bonus item will scale up with each MP level as detailed in the table below.

Here is the definition, and here are the questions;

Let say we kill an elite pack in MP10 (100% Bonus item chance), and there are 4 drops; 3 rare 1 legendary.

- Am I going to get 4 more drops for each type of drop? 6 rares and 2 legendaries?
- Or 4 drops which could be anything (magic/rare/leg)?
- Or Only one extra drop which could be anything (magic/rare/leg)?

Let say I kill a monster, has a drop legendary.

- Am I going to get one more legendary,
- Or only one extra item which could be anything as I stated before?

Thanks for explanation!
Edited by Oray#2440 on 10/11/2012 2:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
4 drops which could be anything

&

one extra item which could be anything as I stated before?

You aren't gonna get an identical item just like the one which dropped, you are gonna get a random item by every item you originally got. Obiously you can get legendaries from this, if you are lucky. As hell.
Edited by Ometius#1366 on 10/11/2012 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
need more explanation from blizzard
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Anzw
need more explanation from blizzard
Reply Quote
Ya im confused how this works. But excited nonetheless!
Reply Quote
im pretty sure it works like this, say normal monsters drop 4 pieces of loot, they can be:white, blue, rare, set/legendary etc..... now the monster has chance to drop a 5th piece of loot that is also white, blue rare or set/leg
Reply Quote
Community Manager
When a monster dies, the first thing we do is decide whether it's going to drop loot at all.

Most monsters -- like say your everyday shambling zombies -- have a roughly 30% chance to drop loot. The exact percentage, however, varies from monster to monster (for example, the Tormented Stingers in Act III have a much lower chance because they spawn in large packs and are easy to kill).

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed here. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

Also, just to be clear, the bonus drop applies to Normal monsters only. We wanted Monster Power to provide players with extra loot rolls, and (since Champions and Rares are already guaranteed to drop multiple items) Normal monsters seemed like the best place for us to add that mechanic in.
Edited by Lylirra on 10/12/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info, but where is it "detailed" exactly? That is the normal/nightmare/hell chart, so which number are we looking at? Is the +MF also the chance to drop a second item? Thank you.
Reply Quote
When a monster dies, the first thing we do is decide whether it's going to drop loot at all.

Most monsters -- like say your everyday shambling zombies -- have a roughly 30% chance to drop loot. The exact percentage, however, varies from monster to monster (for example, the Tormented Stingers in Act III have a much lower chance because they spawn in large packs and are easy to kill).

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]here[/url]. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

Also, just to be clear, the bonus drop applies to Normal monsters only. We wanted Monster Power to provide players with extra loot rolls, and (since Champions and Rares are already guaranteed to drop multiple items) Normal monsters seemed like the best place for us to add that mechanic in.

Does that mean If I kill 20 normal monsters in the same screen in MP10, there will be guaranteed 20 drops from them? Wow, there will be lots of drops on the ground. Combined with high MF in MP10, tons of rares (small chance legendary) on the ground. This seems pretty big change. I originally thought it only applies to elites.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Prozac
Thanks for the info, but where is it "detailed" exactly? That is the normal/nightmare/hell chart, so which number are we looking at? Is the +MF also the chance to drop a second item? Thank you.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/Monster_Power_More_Guts_More_Glory-10_11_2012
Reply Quote

They make it so easy to want to flame these brain farts they have
Edited by jcp2007#1613 on 10/12/2012 11:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed [url="https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/FPA71EB165JZ1349891151345.jpg?v=0"]here[/url]. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

Sorry blue, i dont think it details it at all on your link, unless i am mistaken.

It doesnt even say inferno on it, and nowhere does it list bonus chance.

Thanks for the explaination though, i appreciate it!
Reply Quote

Sorry blue, i dont think it details it at all on your link, unless i am mistaken.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7540457/Monster_Power_More_Guts_More_Glory-10_11_2012

Need to be spoon fed i guess?
Edited by PhatRabbit#1903 on 10/12/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot.

This is VERY important to highlight and easy to miss in that description. Its not that every monster drops loot on MP10. Its that every monster who passes the initial roll will drop two instead of one.
Reply Quote
lol. It was actually a real question. I figured she had linked the wrong chart by accident. I don't think that bonus item info was there when the blog was first posted. Thanks for that.

Does that mean If I kill 20 normal monsters in the same screen in MP10, there will be guaranteed 20 drops from them? Wow, there will be lots of drops on the ground. Combined with high MF in MP10, tons of rares (small chance legendary) on the ground. This seems pretty big change. I originally thought it only applies to elites.

I don't think so. She said it would have to pass the first gear check first, so at MP10 if the chance to drop 1 item is 30% from a certain mob, then the chance to drop 2 items is also 30%, since it is guaranteed.
Edited by Pills#1846 on 10/12/2012 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote

When you kill a monster in Inferno on MP1 or higher, if you pass the initial roll to obtain loot, you will also get a second roll to get an additional piece of loot. The "bonus item" chance for each MP level is detailed here. A few monsters are exempt from the bonus loot, but we tried to put it on the vast majority of normal monsters, and will probably add it to more if we like how the system plays out.

In other words the item hunt for junk continues. The mathematical equations get more complex and in the end no legends will drop for the players who didn't cheat the first weeks of the games launch.

Blizzard-Not even a thought for me to buy another blizzard game.
Reply Quote
https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/content_folder_media/MQRC9PZ3CZ1K1349891151349.jpg?v=0
Reply Quote

So to get the bonus item you have to pass both the initial drop/nodrop roll as well as the bonus item roll?

Sounds pretty fail. If they rolled separately and monsters average a 30% chance to drop loot, then somewhere between MP 4 and 5 is where you'd see an approximate doubling of item drops from white mobs. But since you have to pass the, for all intents and purposes, static 30% drop/nodrop chance, you literally do not achieve double drops until you're at MP 10 and 100% bonus.
Reply Quote

Need to be spoon fed i guess?

Yeah im a such a jerk for pointing out her link was incorrect...

Clearly u are an !@#$%^-.

Thanks though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]