Diablo® III

What EHP to survive desecrater on DC?

What kind of EHP do you need to survive a disconnect where 3 desecrater pools are under you for, say, 15 seconds? Or is this not possible? Seeing how many people are dying to disconnects, I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot of DPS to be positioned to survive e en a worst case scenario disconnect.
Reply Quote
Impossibru.
Reply Quote
yeah I don't know why, but it seems the dcs/lag has seen a resurgence. Aug/Sep seemed pretty good but lately it seems more people are reporting it.

I just had 1 DC and 1 big (15 sec) lag spike in the past week, I can't explain it.
Reply Quote
I had a disconnect tonight. Luckily it was when I was fooling around in act1 and not while farming act 3.
Reply Quote
erm with no other perks \ life regen, depending on which act, but in a1 you'd probably need let's say 15 million EHP?
Reply Quote
I've been experiencing a LOT of lag this week. Not sure why.
Reply Quote
What if you have 1.5m EHP, as some WDs do?
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 10:29 AMPosted by nom
impossible in higher acts
Reply Quote
Depends on regen and act.

Keep in mind that desecration can stack. Tanking one isn't too bad. 2 or 3 will just drop you though. I can typically somewhat tank 1desec even in a3 if that's the only source of damage and I am constantly attacking (I have about 2500 regen per sec between loh and regen).

But yeah, without loh, +other sources of damage, +more than one desec, the odds of living long enough outside of a1 are next to zero. Probably will die in a1 too.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 02:19 AMPosted by WhiskeyGuy
What kind of EHP do you need to survive a disconnect where 3 desecrater pools are under you for, say, 15 seconds? Or is this not possible? Seeing how many people are dying to disconnects, I'd be willing to sacrifice a lot of DPS to be positioned to survive e en a worst case scenario disconnect.

Also, if you're willing to dorp dps for safety. Drop enchantress for Templar if you haven't a;ready. He has extra regen, 2heals, taunts, and knockback. Between all those he should be able to keep mobs off you long enough for you to DC safely.
Edited by Pzypro#1837 on 10/12/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 11:03 AMPosted by WhiskeyGuy
What if you have 1.5m EHP, as some WDs do?

I only see one WD in the world on hardcore with 1.5m EHP.
Reply Quote
Yes, LSU, that's why I used 1.5. I think I could sell my current gear and have enough to buy a set that good.

Do you think with the 25% reduction in 1.05, surviving DC on desecrate will be feasible?
Reply Quote
They continuously stack too between groups. I ran into a double pack once and both of them had desecrater. I let it keep stacking up and it got to 5 before I had to move. It felt like I lost 30% of my HP in 1 second once it got to 5.

I'm thinking 0% chance to survive a DC in A3 vs desecrater.
Reply Quote
Yes, LSU, that's why I used 1.5. I think I could sell my current gear and have enough to buy a set that good.

Do you think with the 25% reduction in 1.05, surviving DC on desecrate will be feasible?

Ive never had even 1m EHP on any of my characters(im a scrubby noob) so my imput is pure speculation. I think with 1.5m in act 1 with 3 pools under you it would be really tough to live for 15 seconds. Your regen would have to be through the roof I think.
Reply Quote
No chance of surviving more than 1 stack of desecrator on DC unless you are playing with a very competent group that includes some WD's running Ghost Trance and people grabbing health globes.

Edit: *in act 3 at least
Edited by HCBigAug#1950 on 10/13/2012 12:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
10/12/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Pzypro

Also, if you're willing to dorp dps for safety. Drop enchantress for Templar if you haven't a;ready. He has extra regen, 2heals, taunts, and knockback. Between all those he should be able to keep mobs off you long enough for you to DC safely.

The Templar sucks, unfortunately, for several reasons:

1. Pretty much instantly dies against most elite packs. The Enchantress can usually dodge molten/desecrate unless they're spammed all over the room because desecrate doesn't get cast on her and as a ranged attacker she doesn't run into Molten. Templar runs right into these and even with 90% reduction, with no resistances he still drops in seconds to this stuff.

2. Gear is ungodly expensive. A high DPS 2H with 450+ INT can be had for a few million, a high-DPS 1H with 300+ STR will probably run you close to nine figures. Shields are also expensive and STR/VIT jewelry is an order of magnitude more expensive than INT/VIT jewelry.

3. Low DPS, this is a problem for Monks as they're already the lowest-DPS class. My Enchantress does 7500 DPS and Erosion is ridculous, the Templar doesn't do jack !@#$.
Reply Quote
10/13/2012 12:25 AMPosted by Tarmaniel

The Templar sucks, unfortunately, for several reasons:

1. Pretty much instantly dies against most elite packs. The Enchantress can usually dodge molten/desecrate unless they're spammed all over the room because desecrate doesn't get cast on her and as a ranged attacker she doesn't run into Molten. Templar runs right into these and even with 90% reduction, with no resistances he still drops in seconds to this stuff.

2. Gear is ungodly expensive. A high DPS 2H with 450+ INT can be had for a few million, a high-DPS 1H with 300+ STR will probably run you close to nine figures. Shields are also expensive and STR/VIT jewelry is an order of magnitude more expensive than INT/VIT jewelry.

3. Low DPS, this is a problem for Monks as they're already the lowest-DPS class. My Enchantress does 7500 DPS and Erosion is ridculous, the Templar doesn't do jack !@#$.

how can you possibly say enchantress > templar for HC?
i have my templar decked with crappy gear and he has 125kHP and he NEVER, if ever RARELY dies. also since he is in front of me he can block paths and create bottle necks so i can safely DPS mobs from a distance.
if you DC, and you are getting owned, the templar has a heal AND also a knockback skill PLUS heal! also he gives you extra health regen, 155*10 = 1550 extra health that you didnt have.
he even has a charge and stun on mobs. basically every skill the templar has can help you in the event you DC.

why would you gear your templar with +STR? he is not supposed to do any DPS. you should stack him with VIT instead.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
how can you possibly say enchantress > templar for HC?
i have my templar decked with crappy gear and he has 125kHP and he NEVER, if ever RARELY dies. also since he is in front of me he can block paths and create bottle necks so i can safely DPS mobs from a distance.
if you DC, and you are getting owned, the templar has a heal AND also a knockback skill PLUS heal! also he gives you extra health regen, 155*10 = 1550 extra health that you didnt have.
he even has a charge and stun on mobs. basically every skill the templar has can help you in the event you DC.

why would you gear your templar with +STR? he is not supposed to do any DPS. you should stack him with VIT instead.

1. In case of a DC, 15% bonus armor is worth more than all that stuff combined for helping you live. Enchantress can chicken mobs and knock them back on top of that.

2. More DPS decreases the odds of DCing with elites active, as they die much faster.
Reply Quote
Typical DCs give you around 40 seconds of downtime. It takes a while for the servers to recognize that the connection has been interrupted, so it treats your client as if you're still in game, and awaits your packets.

With that said, I claim that this guy
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/kerkrom-2642/Kerkrom/16262027
cannot survive a DC vs a descecrator pack in Act 1.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]