Diablo® III

Cydea

Why does Cydea become confused and indignant as to WHY you're beating the sh!t out of her when she's well aware of the fact that she taunted and verbally provoked you the whole way through arreat crater?

I don't understand how Blizz was trying to make the dialogue work here. What were they going for?
Reply Quote
This is a great point, i think I'm going to call for a Blue response on this one. WE MUST HAVE AN ANSWER! I'm calling for a buff on Cydea's reasoning skill!
Reply Quote
It's my understanding that she was originally intended to be the Maiden of Pain. A Maiden of Lust could have looked like a succubus, and her weapon could have been a charm spell (if this were the case, then she would have been particularly deadly in a public game, where half of the players would turn on the other half).

I'm not sure why she says those things, unless it was to just confuse you. BTW, I think that the voice actress that voices Cydea is the same one that voices Morrigan in Dragon Age.
Reply Quote
It never occurred to you that she was actually taunting you?
Reply Quote
^
Enchantress would say, why is she so disgusting.
Reply Quote
She's not confused and indignant as to WHY you're beating the sh!t out of her, she's confused and indignant that you ARE ABLE to beat the sh!t out of her. She (fatally) underestimated your power, and was unpleasantly surprised when she learned the hard way that you could reduce her innards to the consistency of chocolate pudding.
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Starblazer
BTW, I think that the voice actress that voices Cydea is the same one that voices Morrigan in Dragon Age.

Really? Morrigan was like 2/3 of Dragon Age: Origins (Leliana & Alistar being the rest 1/3). It's such a waste to have Claudia Black play only a cameo Cydea, who gets killed in like an hour...
Reply Quote
She underestimated the power of Nephalem, and for that she couldn't understand how a "mere mortal" could beat her senseless and her master

Fools, all shall bow before the Nephalem!

Seriously though sometimes I wonder how these "lesser demons" even thought they could handle Nephalems, I mean Diablo, Mephisto, Baal, Duriel and Andarial all were slain by Nephalems who were WEAKENED by the world stone, what possibly made those idiots think they could take Nephalems who weren't being nerfed by the Worldstone anymore..

Next in line for Fool of the Year is Imperious, I have a feeling he is jealous we slayed his rival Diablo and in the XPAC he will go seek that Black Stone and become a "Prime Nephalem" in the sense..

But it won't matter..a duped Nephalem will poof standing before a pre 1.09 Nephalem.
Edited by Rot#1226 on 10/29/2012 6:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]