Diablo® III

Bethesda, taking blizzard's place in my heart

I really used to love blizzard. I've played many of their games from Warcraft 2, wow, Starcraft, wow, diablo. I have to admit that this year things went very sour for me and blizz. I won't go into my wow disappointment, but suffice to say the classes I played got gutted. I'd almost have been willing to stick it out had blizzard not produced the abortion they call diablow 3.

Again, blizzard had a lot of Fred with me, but they made 2 unforgivable missteps with D3, both of which appear to me to be a blatant grab for cash. My 2 biggest gripes... Online only mode and balancing around the RMAH.

Anyways, I unsubbed my wow account and can't recall when I last played D3 (although like the ex-blizz addict I am, I frequent the forums).

My new gaming drug of choice = skyrim. What a brilliant and well designed game. Sure it also has doc, but at least you get something substantive for the added costs. Now m hella looking forward to Dishonored with the same enthusiasm I once used to have for new blizzard releases.

It's a real shame. I used to be a fan of blizzard, but no more.
I really hope they get back to making games that people can actually enjoy so,e day.
Reply Quote
I also quit WoW this year (January, though AP has me for another 2 weeks) but I was in denial about quitting for a while prior to that. Mostly due to my guild and friends in the game.

D3 is a fun game for 59 levels and a few alts. However, between D3 and WoW I've realized Blizzard's design decisions and what I'm looking for in games no longer coincides the way it used to. Luckily there's been a fair amount of good game releases from other companies that have filled in that gap nicely.
Reply Quote
I also quit WoW this year (January, though AP has me for another 2 weeks) but I was in denial about quitting for a while prior to that. Mostly due to my guild and friends in the game.

D3 is a fun game for 59 levels and a few alts. However, between D3 and WoW I've realized Blizzard's design decisions and what I'm looking for in games no longer coincides the way it used to. Luckily there's been a fair amount of good game releases from other companies that have filled in that gap nicely.

i agree completely.

It would sadden me if there weren't so many great games to choose from
Reply Quote
I use to be a fan of Blizzard, but lost interest in their games around mid-WOTLK. Late WOTLK, Cata, and MoP have all made changes to WoW to make the game "easier" for casual play. There's just no challenge anymore. I haven't even touched MoP, and yet I can still see the devolving after witnessing the screenshots of the new lowkey talent system.

Starcraft 2 went with mostly an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach which a lot of people appreciated, but it's campaign story sucked, and Blizzard has shown to be unable to balance the races (Reapers, Carriers, Hydralisks) even after two years, and NO ONES likes Blizzard plan of making units "usable", by having to buy the HotS expansion.

Then there's Diablo 3...a disgusting interpretation of an ARPG. You only have to look around here to find all the flaws that plagues this piece of shyt.
Edited by RTL#1878 on 10/14/2012 7:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Bethesda is releasing a *slightly* updated version of DooM 3 as a big middle finger to those who already own it on PC. :/
Reply Quote
I really used to love blizzard. I've played many of their games from Warcraft 2, wow, Starcraft, wow, diablo. I have to admit that this year things went very sour for me and blizz. I won't go into my wow disappointment, but suffice to say the classes I played got gutted. I'd almost have been willing to stick it out had blizzard not produced the abortion they call diablow 3.

Again, blizzard had a lot of Fred with me, but they made 2 unforgivable missteps with D3, both of which appear to me to be a blatant grab for cash. My 2 biggest gripes... Online only mode and balancing around the RMAH.

Anyways, I unsubbed my wow account and can't recall when I last played D3 (although like the ex-blizz addict I am, I frequent the forums).

My new gaming drug of choice = skyrim. What a brilliant and well designed game. Sure it also has doc, but at least you get something substantive for the added costs. Now m hella looking forward to Dishonored with the same enthusiasm I once used to have for new blizzard releases.

It's a real shame. I used to be a fan of blizzard, but no more.
I really hope they get back to making games that people can actually enjoy so,e day.

Playing Dishonored now. It's INCREDIBLY good.
Reply Quote
Never liked the general style of Bethesda games. Elder Scrolls and Fallout series are both dull an d lifeless, and a gold mine for internet memes. Don't even get me started on the game play mechanics of these RPG games.
Reply Quote
View profile
Actually, Interplay/Black Isle Studios created the first two Fallout games. Fallout 3 was made by Bethesda; interestingly enough, it alienated hardcore fans, yet the game was successful and several sequels/expansions were released afterwards. Sounds familiar? ;)
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf#1953 on 10/16/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]