Diablo® III

Legendary or Set Items Drop Rate

What's the best MF for a Drop Rate of Legendaries or Set Items? I'm already Paragon Level 13 and still haven't found a SINGLE LEGENDARY DROP even a SINGLE Set Items. My MF is 64 percent i know it's still LOW but not even a SINGLE PIECE since i started playing Diablo 3..Where to GRIND and get SKORN or Eternal King Set Items? What PLACE?
Reply Quote
you need to play atleast 6hours per day to get legendary
Reply Quote
not yet man.i havent find any set or legendary during LV50-60... just get over around 250 with stacks should be good...
Reply Quote
View profile
Legendaries are totally random. MF only affects the quality of the stat rolls not whether you will find one or not. I just found a legendary when I hit paragon level 46 and my last was around paragon level 25.
Reply Quote
there is no best mf, its all about farm speed. clear the alkaizer route in under 15 mins and I guarantee you will get the drops
Reply Quote
View profile
10/12/2012 06:58 AMPosted by TysZ
there is no best mf, its all about farm speed

mf does play a part. but speed is equally as important...

what is the best mf?.....you should keep stacking it and testing runs to find out
Reply Quote
KillerElite you know a lot of stuff but you´re wrong on this one.

MF directly raises the chances to find legendaries, 6 affix rares, 5 affix rares and 4 affix rares by multiplying their nominal base drop chances.

Read the following topic

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/

We can not affect quality of the stat rolls, those are solely in Blizzards hands.

In 1.0.5 it won´t matter where, the most important thing is kill as much monsters in the least amount of time with as much MF as you can.

There´s no "magical formula" to get a particular legendary in this game.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 10/12/2012 7:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 07:08 AMPosted by KingBenjamin
there is no best mf, its all about farm speed

mf does play a part. but speed is equally as important...

what is the best mf?.....you should keep stacking it and testing runs to find out

I feel no point in equipping mf gear and slowing my runs down, I think with paragon lvl, 5 stacks and my followers mf I sit around 260% and I typically find around 5-7 legendary items on a good day and maybe just 2 or 3 on a bad day
Reply Quote
but oh and forgot to mention the VAST majority of them are garbage and low ilvl lol.. nice big stack of brimstones in my stash lol
Reply Quote
Some said that theres '' Loot Server '' stuff. It doesnt work
Some said that you need ALOT of MF to get Legendaries. It doesnt help, except for the crap you get is a lilttle bit better. What I think is MF makes the item better, more chances for high stats, socket, etc.

The only things that works and been shown true time and time again, kill as most elite as you can in less possible time.

Barbs are beast at farming, use it.
Edited by Memories#1812 on 10/12/2012 7:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I didn't find a single legendary until about paragon lvl 25. I found about 10 between 25-35 though about half of them have been DEed. I did mange to get a couple good ones I sold for ~40m but the rest were sub 5m.

Just have to keep blowing through the content.
Reply Quote
Gain some levels and max your mf to 300% and give your follower all MF accesories and weapons/shield while slowly taking away your MF gear when you lvl up.

Just keep farming and you will find that item that is worth hundreds and hundreds of millions. Mf will increase your rate by 3x from base.
Reply Quote
View profile
KillerElite you know a lot of stuff but you´re wrong on this one.

MF directly raises the chances to find legendaries, 6 affix rares, 5 affix rares and 4 affix rares by multiplying their nominal base drop chances.

Read the following topic

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/

We can not affect quality of the stat rolls, those are solely in Blizzards hands.

In 1.0.5 it won´t matter where, the most important thing is kill as much monsters in the least amount of time with as much MF as you can.

There´s no "magical formula" to get a particular legendary in this game.

I was going soley based on what I have read in the forums regarding legendaries and mf. I am not sure how much I trust the info from a 3rd party website but I did copy and paste this from battlenet.net in regards to mf:

'Finding more and better magic items is critical to overcoming challenges and defeating enemies in Diablo III, particularly on higher difficulties. Magic find is a unique item property that can help you drastically improve your haul. It is tracked in the Inventory menu (Inventory > Details > Adventure).

But what does that really mean?

Magic find affects the quality of items you acquire from killing enemies (but not treasure chests, vases, weapon racks, or other environmental objects). It doesn’t give you a chance to get more items on a given kill – instead, it increases the chance that an item you find will be magical, and more potent than it would be otherwise.

When a monster drops an item, Diablo III randomly determines the item’s quality from a chart that includes item quality and the number of affixes present. The game randomly "rolls" on each property in the chart to determine which affixes your item will get. Your magic find score is applied as a bonus to these rolls.

For example, if a monster has a 4% chance to drop a 6-affix rare item and you have +50% magic find, it now has a 6% chance to drop that item.'

I do find the info from battlenet can be cryptic.

This is what you quoted from that site:

This is straight from battlenet:

The game randomly "rolls" on each property in the chart to determine which affixes your item will get. Your magic find score is applied as a bonus to these rolls.

These two statements appear to be contradictary. If mf does( it probably does) increase the chance to find a legendary 400% of a .01% chance is still a really really small number.
Edited by KillerElite#1853 on 10/12/2012 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Assuming you can kill at rate of .7 million exp per minute and have around 330+ mf you will see a legendary once every 90 minutes.
Reply Quote
Killer Elite...basically MF is a multiplier to base drop chances of

legendaries (set)
6 affix rares
5 affix rares
4 affix rares
2 affix magic
1 affix magic

This is what MF directly affects, nothing more, nothing less. One may argue about indirect effects as getting more 6 affix rares means getting more chances at getting the right affixes and more chances at getting the right random roll within an affix.

The second sentence is either out of context or straight up bull...

The game randomly "rolls" on each property in the chart to determine which affixes your item will get. Your magic find score is applied as a bonus to these rolls.

I have to leave right now but I´ll check what the guide says later...by the way the same guide that gave us incorrect legendary affix data, supposedly directly coming from game data...

Anyway, many people put hundreds of hours into that MF research and you disregard it as just some third party site info that´s not trustworthy...OK doesn´t matter.

Yes the legendary drop rates (we believe it to be around 1 in 2000 or 0.05%) is very low and even the current max +403% MF (which I run) doesn´t guarantee a legendary in a whole act 3 run but MF definitely improves your chances to get one. I´ve been writing down my MF, number of elite/trash kills and legendary drops since 1.0.4 and I can assure you that I´m getting considerably more legendaries at +403% MF than I was at +231% MF.
Edited by Nubtro#2147 on 10/12/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
There is literally so much bad information in this thread that the good information is getting lost... So let me try and recap a bit.

First, MF gear works and helps. It's been statistically proven by a team that took the time and effort to do the research. Don't believe silly anecdotal information that suggests anything else. More MF gear will yield more Magic items, period.

Second, there is no way you can "farm" for a specific item anywhere in the game (especially if you're looking for level 63 set items). Now that said, you still need to be in an area where the item you're looking for will more likely drop...which is why all the top MF players run Act 3. However, random is random...you can't "farm" for a set item is some certain spot in Act 3...sorry you just have to get lucky.

Third, killing speed, or DPS or how fast you can run a certain route has absolutely nothing to do with Magic Find. Sure if you roll stuff over faster you will increase your chances of getting more drops and more drops will give you more chances that one of them will be a legendary...but that's it. You do not have to have more DPS to get a legendary.

If you want to find more good loot, load up on MF and roll Act3 with 5 Stacks. That's your best chance to get the best items in the game.

Of course you can wait till 1.0.5 patch comes out cause then your chances will be doubled (as Bliz has already said, they are doubling the drop rates of Legendary items in this patch) and you can add Monster Power to the game as well and even increase you chances that much more.
Reply Quote
View profile
In my previous post I copied and pasted the description of mf straight from battlenet. I don't think it is taken out of context or that it is bull. I am sure those guys did a great job of researching their results but I am just saying that with the chance for a legendary to drop being so small it is very difficult to accurately state that mf directly affects the quantity of legendary drops without actually reading if from battle.net. 1 legendary in 21 paragon levels is pretty bad considering the ammount of kills it takes to go from level 25 to level 46 and considering I would have had 164% mf back at level 25 and it kept increasing from there.
Reply Quote
Will high MF help you more than high kill speed??

It depends. It depends a lot on playstyle. If you are the type to take your time, killing slowly, looting everything, high MF will help you more than better gear (assuming you don't die). Farm speed is limited most by YOU, not your gear.

For the current game, the optimal strategy is to follow these steps:

-Get at least 70K unbuffed dps (enough to kill trash in 1-2 passes)
-Get at least 35K HP with 500+ resists all, 4800+ armor -- and enough steal/LoH to stay alive
-Get at least 12% move speed
-Use the WW/tornado build (dual wield or shield setup; 2H is possible but more expensive)
-Stack as much MF as you can while maintaining above stats (staying under 375% MF cap at 5 NV)
-Loot only 61+ rares and legendaries/sets
-Do the alkazier route (core of arreat, tower 1, keeps 2, field of slaughter, crater 2) in solo play with a follower that has +MF on everything
Reply Quote
View profile
10/12/2012 08:08 AMPosted by Nubtro
definitely improves your chances to get one

It is true. Before i switched to MF i could hardly afford any new upgrades. Then i got lucky and got a few decent MF gear drops (rares) and started farming with those. Soon after I started find legends left and right...yes most trash but then theres that one that makes all the difference and all worth while....a true legend....sold it on Ah and upgraded to higher quality MF gear. Now all my current legend gear on my barb have been from drops.

I've done multiple runs with and without Mf. I have to say that MF has been 50% of the reason i have progressed as far as i have. Check my current gear....never invested real money, either selling drops or actual upgrade drops (pants, rings, ammy, shoulder, brace, and helm..all actual drops)

Normally i get atleast one upgrade or sellable item per run. I don't expect more and i'm not surprised if i don't get any (rare occations).

Now, i do think efficiency plays a huge part. You can have maxed out MF but if you don't know how to farm efficiently you aren't gonna get bannanas. It takes about 10 legends to drop before a decent or godly legend drops...so you wanna increase efficiency so you can get there quicker.

Efficiency is not only in the areas you farm but in play style. knowing how to play fast and gearing the right way is part of being efficient. Knowing the ares to farm is probably the simplest thing to learn...all other is in experience and skill.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]