Diablo® III

Need advice on WW barb Offhand

im confused and i need advice between these two offhand i got, which should i use?

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k493/rex_perez1/okay_zps17aa9035.jpg

advice greatly welcome and appreciated

just a mediocre barb here :D
Reply Quote
I'd go for the dagger to increase the proc rate of the nados. I think it would make fury gen a bit smoother, but see what everyone else says.
Reply Quote
thanks, yeah having confusion because the axe adds around 6k dps on my stat sheet but everybody says higher ias is better, i havent tried ptr so yeah thats why im asking for advices
Reply Quote
Get a CHC shield is way better
Reply Quote
10/13/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Waycooloz
Get a CHC shield is way better

can u explain why? tnx
Reply Quote
curious to know as well
Reply Quote
anyone?
Reply Quote
Dagger is best as far as I know. Tornadoes damage is based on mainhand. So offhand dps doesn't matter (only for the sheet). So ideal offhand is one with high aps (for fury and Loh), strength, high crit and socket. This is a lest what I have been told from Kripparian who beat diablo on hardcore as worldfirst and does nothing but gaming all day.

But some guys think otherwise. Check this guys thread out:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6864416737
He thinks that "true damage" is proc rate of fury times offhand and mainhand. I'm confused! Hope he doens't start saying that dps is actually offhand damage times how many hats you can juggle with on one foot.
Edited by Aldozer#2430 on 10/13/2012 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/13/2012 02:05 AMPosted by Aldozer
Dagger is best as far as I know. Tornadoes damage is based on mainhand. So offhand dps doesn't matter (only for the sheet). So ideal offhand is one with high aps (for fury and Loh), strength, high crit and socket.

so u mean my dagger offhand is better than my axe? tnx
Reply Quote
im confused and i need advice between these two offhand i got, which should i use?

For the current patch (1.04) you'll want what's known as a stat stick. Essentially, offhand weapon DPS doesn't matter so much, so finding as many key stats as possible is the best option to go for; strength, vitality, LOH/LS, crit damage, attack speed, socket.

In 1.05 the game will change if you're a budget WW barb. From the looks of your profile you're somewhere in the mid-high mid range in terms of gear, so you should be okay. Just focus on grabbing anything that will boost your key stats but don't worry about the DPS. As has been said before, most people tend to look for a dagger as the faster attack speed adds tremendously to your overall damage.

Hope that helps!
Edited by Coombs#1214 on 10/13/2012 2:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
okay, its the dagger then. thanks guys
Reply Quote

For the current patch (1.04) you'll want what's known as a stat stick. Essentially, offhand weapon DPS doesn't matter so much, so finding as many key stats as possible is the best option to go for; strength, vitality, LOH/LS, crit damage, attack speed, socket.

In 1.05 the game will change if you're a budget WW barb. From the looks of your profile you're somewhere in the mid-high mid range in terms of gear, so you should be okay. Just focus on grabbing anything that will boost your key stats but don't worry about the DPS. As has been said before, most people tend to look for a dagger as the faster attack speed adds tremendously to your overall damage.

Hope that helps!

Has the importance of having a highish dps offhand increased since 1.05? Just wondering if people are doing more damage from ww than they were in 1.04. There seems to be fewer barbs with stat sticks now.. are they still the way to go?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]