Diablo® III

Best MP10 Class 1.05

10/12/2012 12:01 PMPosted by Yeti
While I agree that barbs are a very strong class and certainly do faceroll with expensive gear but what class doesn't. From the people in this thread saying barbs, most do not play barbs as their main char. I hope that everyone realizes that these barbs that stream have elite gear which is unobtainable to most without rmah. A budget ww barb will fail just as hard as any other class in the higher mp levels.

None of my gear was RMAH'd. I do, however, admit to selling gear on the RMAH and recouping my income with the gold via the RMAH. Whether this impacts your theory that I'm manipulating a system is purely mechanical at best.
I don't get it...

With over 3000% health per mob alongside the increased damage, MP10 isn't meant for farming. It's meant for challenge just like their silly blog said already. If you want to farm, you should never be realistically going beyond MP5 or MP6. The rest is just for the sake of saying you did it. I disagree with their achievement philosophy though. I think MP clears should provide Feats of Strength or some kind of Achievement at the higher levels. =(
I don't get it...

With over 3000% health per mob alongside the increased damage, MP10 isn't meant for farming. It's meant for challenge just like their silly blog said already. If you want to farm, you should never be realistically going beyond MP5 or MP6. The rest is just for the sake of saying you did it. I disagree with their achievement philosophy though. I think MP clears should provide Feats of Strength or some kind of Achievement at the higher levels. =(

Would be an Achievement. A FoS is something you can't get by grinding/trying harder. You just have to be at the right place at the right time to get a FoS.
10/12/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Speranza
Monks ftw

Lol.

In all seriousness, Barbs.
Barbarians are so ridiculous. They are a faceroll class in just about every situation.

Compare it in terms of investment.... If you put 100's of hours into any class, the only one that pays returns is the barbarian. They just WW around ANY mob, group of mobs and are practically INVINCIBLE doing insane amounts of damage.

Ranged can do great DPS, but perfect kiting is a pipe dream, no matter how good the DPS they are going to die often.

Monks are going to have to tippy toe all over the place to avoid dying. Sweeping winds will expire sometimes by time you are in a position to start DPSing again. Going to take serious concentration and skill. Still, I'd rather be a monk than be a ranged class. I gave up on my wizard early on due to the whole kiting BS.

Barbarians. Faceroll. They can literally watch TV and beat MP10. Pathetic balance among classes.
I would love to see you watch Tv and faceroll MP10 on a barb. I hope you have about 500m-1bill gold to do this with.
Tope
View profile
Monks ftw

Lol.

I hate that a barb with half my gear can outperform my monk. My monk can do MP10, and very rarely die, I guess I shouldn't complain.. But still I hate that the answer to every class problem in this damn game is always always always:

ROLL A BARB

DIBARBLO III

Monks unite! \m/
I don't get it...

Would be an Achievement. A FoS is something you can't get by grinding/trying harder. You just have to be at the right place at the right time to get a FoS.

Fair enough..but I counter; why did they give me a Feat of Strength for purchasing the collector's edition? :P
10/12/2012 08:46 AMPosted by jcp2007
Anyone dual wielding credit cards will faceroll

Either that guy. Or a Brobarian.
were playing barbarian 3 not diablo 3 so who do you think?
Tope
View profile
Monks ftw

Lol.

I hate that a barb with half my gear can outperform my monk. My monk can do MP10, and very rarely die, I guess I shouldn't complain.. But still I hate that the answer to every class problem in this damn game is always always always:

ROLL A BARB

DIBARBLO III

Monks unite! \m/

A Barb with half your gear will be stuck in Mp5 or 6. Your gear sucks. You don't even have move speed.
Tope
View profile
Monks ftw

Lol.

ROLL A BARB

DIBARBLO III

Monks unite! \m/

I hear ya on the farm speed issue. It's somewhat amusing though, in a sad way of course. I play all classes, but I feel like for efficiency the synergy for a Barb is just really good overall. I think if anything, they should try to implement a system for all classes that allows their resource generation in conjunction with a couple other traits, to send them into overdrive just like a Barb. I would love to see my WD or Monk reach some state where they're phasing around/floating respectively all over the place, just dealing massive damage and generating resource like crazy in the process. The move speed and DoT spells are the kicker though. I don't want to necessarily kill the Barb build (although I don't use it anyway), but I definitely want something crazy to be implemented for other classes to slide around the map mutilating everything in their paths.
i tried ptr for a couple days.. i actually was able to kill more efficiently with my dh.. i seemed to die more for stupid reasons on barb than i did dh at mp5 though both kill pretty quick.. disc regen plays a huge factor in the dh arsenal.. this can hurt their dps but increases serviceability so at some point balances.. mp5 seemed to be my sweet spot for dh.. mp3 was stupid easy like inferno is now lol
As I see it and (why):

1. Barb (goes without saying, unless major changes happen)
2. Monk (wide range of abilities)
3. DH (High DPS)
4. Wiz (lots of issues)
5. WD (horribly underpowered in comparison to any other class)

I have a 60 of each, but at this point- due to the current game-state, am pumping millions of gold into my barb. There are several viable builds that do high dps and survivability.

For MP10, I vote to up the in-game player count to 8.
4-player is for consoles.

Monks have such a wide range of abilities that most Monks use the same build barring 1 or 2 skills based on personal preference. Now that is what I call diversity.

Also in what world are WD horribly underpowered? They're just lacking in mana regen. They're extremely strong right now, and much better off than Monks in terms of viable diverse builds.
10/12/2012 01:04 PMPosted by acrimony
A Barb with half your gear will be stuck in Mp5 or 6. Your gear sucks. You don't even have move speed.

He has 3% more movement speed than you. Plus an extra 25% when using Tempest Rush.

Try again.
Barbs
10/12/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Tope

He has 3% more movement speed than you. Plus an extra 25% when using Tempest Rush.

Try again.

Actually, he has 12%, which I didn't catch initially when skimming over his gear. I have 24%. Through skills, I also use sprint. Then WOTB for 84% overall move-speed.

His gear still sucks and a Barbarian at his gear level would be stuck in MP6. Maybe 7 depending on skill level.
As I see it and (why):

1. Barb (goes without saying, unless major changes happen)
2. Monk (wide range of abilities)
3. DH (High DPS)
4. Wiz (lots of issues)
5. WD (horribly underpowered in comparison to any other class)

I have a 60 of each, but at this point- due to the current game-state, am pumping millions of gold into my barb. There are several viable builds that do high dps and survivability.

For MP10, I vote to up the in-game player count to 8.
4-player is for consoles.

Are you list the rank pre-1.04?
WD is in top 3 now.
DH will be very weak in higher level MP, when they can't 1 or 2 shots kill enemies, they will be 1-2 shots killed by nerfed gloom and 300% damage buff in MP10.
Monk is always in the bottom 2 classes from the beginning to now, maybe even worse in 1.05 with monk's nerf.
Monster power was made for barbarians... mp10 is only going to benefit barbarians.....endgame is for barbarians.....endgame for other classes is in another patch.....or crafting....or anything but fighting mobs.

Try again.

Actually, he has 12%, which I didn't catch initially when skimming over his gear. I have 24%. Through skills, I also use sprint. Then WOTB for 84% overall move-speed.

His gear still sucks and a Barbarian at his gear level would be stuck in MP6. Maybe 7 depending on skill level.

Hes at 22% full time through inna's pants and fleet footed. 27% whenever he uses his main attack, and 52% when he uses Tempest Rush.

Also, his gear is comparable/better than yours.

edit: Based on his skill choices, he's clearly a Tempest Rush Monk, and everyone knows TR is just bad in comparison to a Barb WW build.
Edited by Tope#1443 on 10/12/2012 1:47 PM PDT
10/12/2012 08:46 AMPosted by jcp2007
Anyone dual wielding credit cards will faceroll

F'n A
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]