Diablo® III

Name a useless wizard's spell / skill rune

Hi guys, just wanted to compile all the evidently useless wizard spells / skill runes / passives in the wizard's arsenal. So here's how it works, name a spell that you think its useless, and why.

let me start off

the whole arcane torrent spell, because its basically a weaker version of arcane orb combined with ray of frost. And if you stop attackin while the missiles are in the air, the missiles vanishes too. how lovely
Reply Quote
Wizard club - hush.
Reply Quote
Waveof force 200%damage 15 second cooldown

VS

Teleport Calamity 260 % damage cool down reset by illusionist

Same spell but better in every way
Reply Quote
Arcane Torrent isn't that bad... it's actually one of my favorite spells. The range and cursor control aspect make it great for sniping over rocks, walls, etc. It does fairly good damage too, plus each missile splashes. If you have a barb in your party to distract the monsters up close, a rain of missiles from afar completely tears them apart. (not good for boss fights though. Like you said, it takes awhile to initiate)
Reply Quote
Ice armor, first off its a lie it doesn't give you any armor, or any protection to speak of besides maybe slightly slowing down mobs. I dislike crystallize rune the most. You need to be hit 3 times to get the stacks and by then you will be dead anyways.
Reply Quote
Also, I know it is getting melee damage reduction in the patch, this is for now. But it is still useless because if I am a wiz I should be worried about getting hit by ranged mobs. Why can't it just protect me from everything...
Reply Quote
All of them.
Reply Quote
imo arcane torrent is viable with a build like this:

L: hydra arcane hydra
R: arcane torrent disruption

1: diamond skin / tele/ your choice
2: magic weapon force weapon
3: familiar cannoneer
4: energy armor prismatic armor (or force)

+ temporal flux, x, y

very nice synergy w/ archon sorcs in party
Reply Quote
Critical Mass since we're obviously not supposed to use this passive. ;)
Reply Quote
View profile
meteor, cause it costs so much ap, has a delay, and doesnt return that ap back even if u rock 50cc and 30 apoc in ptr
Edited by SteelPhantom#1820 on 10/12/2012 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Paralysis because it never, ever procs.
Reply Quote
mirror images because teleport - wormhole ! yay love u blizz
Reply Quote
View profile
Arcane mines
Reply Quote
View profile
power hungry
Reply Quote
Wicked Wind. Terrible spell 250% over 6 sec? Who uses that crap right?
Its almost as bad as meteor. Which needs a buff too!

Now wave of force... thats a quality spell right there
Reply Quote
Mirror image. Considering it's completely negated by teleport-fracture. Why would anyone ever use it?

Oops I wrote illusionist when i meant mirror image. Hooray for rum and coke.
Edited by illundreal#1735 on 10/12/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Illusionist is IMO the best passive we wizards have by far.
Reply Quote
Conflagration. Sure it's a passive, but it goes hand in hand with *the* most useless wizard skill: meteor.

Way to promote build diversity, blizz.
Reply Quote
mammoth hydra, except maybe in hallways?

mirror images since teleport offers a rune which not only teleports youbut also makes mirror images (I guess unless you really want 5 of them?)

familiar unless paired with sparkflint rune for the dps

and as much as it pains me to say, ray of frost, disintegrate, and arcane torrents have yet to prove useful to me even though their descriptions would make one think they're frickin awesome.

wave of force

ice armor

and can we take a second to appreciate the passives unstable anomaly and power hungry for how absolutely terrible they really are?

unstable anomaly is so awesome that if you're on the brink of death it might knock some stuff back if it happens to be off cooldown.

power hungry grants arcane power on..healthglobe pickup? I can't even think of something sarcastic to say about this one, it's just absolutely terrible.
Edited by Phal#1831 on 10/12/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]