Diablo® III

Name a useless wizard's spell / skill rune

power hungry - i think this will only be useful if we got like 1000 arcane pool
paralysis - does this even work? ive run the whole act 3 and ive never noticed mobs being stun by my electrocute
unstable anomaly - u knockback enemies for a short yard, it only prevents u from dying a few milisecs. (thnk god it's getting buffed tho)
Reply Quote
unstable anomaly - u knockback enemies for a short yard, it only prevents u from dying a few milisecs. (thnk god it's getting buffed tho)

the buff looks like an improvement since now it heals you and slows the enemies instead of just..knocking them back haha, but the fact still remains that it only even proc's if it hasn't happened already recently. I just dont see how someone could work this into a build when it's so unreliable.
Reply Quote
The whole range of ET and Meteor spells. Whole range of EB spells.

Explanation: The above only works in a very strict and tiny range of gear window and even then, a full out dps geared wiz will do much MUCH better on any other build, and arcane torrent build actually works pretty well. I've stashed gear for arcane disruption and blossom and they do work pretty well together with frost hydra (2x slow).

ET and meteor being nerfed as it is has no other use whatsoever. If the damage was 10x higher it could still be considered as a viable nuke spell for that kind of AP cost, but no...its useless with that current dmg%. Without its procs, its just simply crap. Honestly the ones still holding on and trying to make CM works is just nostalgic and in denial (me included).
Reply Quote
Shock Pulse: Fire Bolts. What the hell is the point? I can take Cold Blooded and use Frost Nova, Blizzard, Ray of Frost, or Frost Hydra and get 20% more damage versus 10% with Conflagration.

Electrocute: Arc Lightning. 115% weapon damage for being in melee range risking my life? No thanks.

Frost Nova: Frozen Mist. 160% weapon damage over 8 seconds WITH a 12 second cool-down? Was someone high when they made this?

Energy Armor: Absorption. Get hit and get 4 AP. Wonderful.
Reply Quote

the whole arcane torrent spell, because its basically a weaker version of arcane orb combined with ray of frost. And if you stop attackin while the missiles are in the air, the missiles vanishes too. how lovely

it's not at all and you should play around with it with different weapons if you want to discover more and that's all I'm going to say about that, you should know by now how this place works, if it's popular NERF IT!
Edited by Sorceress#2499 on 10/12/2012 8:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ice Armor / Crystallize
seriously? an extra slot for Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell.
FTW!
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Yokies
Honestly the ones still holding on and trying to make CM works is just nostalgic and in denial (me included).

didn't you know? that's how blizzard works. They nerf the fotm (flavor of the month) build until a new fotm build get's discovered at which point the only people left still playing the build are playing it because they actually enjoy it and have put in considerable effort and time to difuer out ways around each nerf.

That said, I agree that ET and EB are pretty much useless to any other current playstyle / build. Since blizzard clearly didn't conjure up the CM melee build themselves it makes me wonder what on earth they intended/thought those spells would be used for haha.
Reply Quote
the developers of wiz sure had a thing for dragonball

archon - ss mode?
disintegrate / rof / archon beam - kamehameha?
arcane torrent - that little beads of energy goku uses!

and despite all the useless skills we gotten, we're still gettin nerfed because we're too inflexible! way to go blizz! tryin to force us into using spells that have utterly no impact !
Edited by Emperor#6740 on 10/13/2012 1:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/13/2012 02:07 PMPosted by EmmetOtter
power hungry

I have to completely disagree with this one. In multi player games anytime anyone in the party gets a health globe you get 30 ap. ANYONE. If you rely on a high cost spell its more valuable than astral presc in multi player.

+1 to that....I use a build that I consider unconventional / unpopular and is see that a few people above have named my bread and butter Arcane Torrent as useless....*sigh* oh well. I just play the way that makes me happy.
Edited by Gendehar#1108 on 10/13/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Arcane Hydra is op, I use it to kill the siege guy in ubers while I kite him around on Master 4.

my top useless runes and skills prob all hydra other then arcane, meteor never use it, Empowered weapon poisonand any thing with familar that is not the damage one..
Reply Quote
For anybody who says ice armor (crystallize) is useless - You are useless.

Ummm lets see, first of all its a 60% buff to your armor. Especially usefull if you play any other spec that isnt CM and you rely on lifesteal. This armor boost will almost completely help neglect reflect packs considering we can at most only have 4.5% ls.

On top of that when your static and casting and you have mobs / elites wailing on you the buff quiet regularly freezes and sometime perma from 2 - 4 seconds so there is the best form of mitigation.

CC

The buff last for ages (30 secs) and is constantly being re-applyed without thought. And it doesnt reduce your arcane power like energy armor.

I play a disintegrate build when im sick of archon or am looking for some versatilty with slow-time / teleport / or mirror images for ubers. I never uber in archon, its useless.

Calling it a bit early now, but as soon as xpan hits, Archon is gonna be a piece of poo and that is my vote
Reply Quote
Ice Armor / Crystallize
seriously? an extra slot for Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell.
FTW!

You even ever used it...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]