Diablo® III

True DPS of DT WW barb - Player Rankings

Edited by acrimony#1561 on 10/12/2012 9:08 PM PDT
Thanks Lorenze. This would be my correct numbers I believe.

Field DPS DPS (Elite) TPS
M 80,415 104,540 5.45
O 44,174 57,426 7.5
T 6.48 6.48
Calculate 559,423 727,253

TDPS Normal - 559,423
TDPS Elite - 727,253

http://www.d3rawr.com/e-0m7DeX02

EDIT - Latter calculation instead of former lol.

Wow, soj makes such a massive difference vs elites but i think most of us already knew that.
10/12/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Keik
wow, awesome work! curious to see what's my number.

You do not meet the minimum requirements. Note 5 LS or 1000 LoH.

well, didnt see this part. Just been disqulified. lol
10/12/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Lorenze
Shouldn't the .7 coefficient be reduced to .28 once 1.05 takes effect? That would vastly reduce the numbers.

It is measuring damage per tick, not proc coeff. Proc coeff has nothing to do with damage.

I don't get it. RLTW does 60% over 3 seconds, so 20% per second. Why are you then multiplying that by ticks per second again? There seems to be some double counting at work.

It would only make sense to multiply by ticks per second if RLTW was doing 20% per tick and the tooltip clearly states 60% over 3 seconds.
Lorenze - Great job on this (and others if there were).

M 80,415 104,540 5.45
O 44,174 57,426 7.5
T 6.48 6.48

TDPS Normal - 559,423
TDPS Elite - 727,253

Wow, soj makes such a massive difference vs elites but i think most of us already knew that.

It's possible to down MP10 goblins with SoJ!

M 80,415 104,540 5.45
O 44,174 57,426 7.5
T 6.48 6.48

TDPS Normal - 559,423
TDPS Elite - 727,253

Did yours already, look above, same figure regardless.

Got it. Thanks for your help Keik.
10/12/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Celanian

It is measuring damage per tick, not proc coeff. Proc coeff has nothing to do with damage.

I don't get it. RLTW does 60% over 3 seconds, so 20% per second. Why are you then multiplying that by ticks per second again? There seems to be some double counting at work.

It would only make sense to multiply by ticks per second if RLTW was doing 20% per tick and the tooltip clearly states 60% over 3 seconds.

Please read the first post. 0.2 because you know, one tornado tick does 20% base weapon damage, one whirlwind tick does 145%/3 (48.33%) weapon damage. And by number of tornadoes I didn´t mean number of ticks (26 in your formula) but how many of those spinning air things are hitting the target :)
Shouldn't we be calculating BR in this formula? Reason being is that it's always up.

Please read the first post. 0.2 because you know, one tornado tick does 20% base weapon damage, one whirlwind tick does 145%/3 (48.33%) weapon damage. And by number of tornadoes I didn´t mean number of ticks (26 in your formula) but how many of those spinning air things are hitting the target :)
[/quote]

Is the tooltip wrong then?
10/12/2012 09:19 PMPosted by acrimony
Shouldn't we be calculating BR in this formula? Reason being is that it's always up.

No one gets it so its fair. Ideally we would account for perma wotb capable users as well but its very hard to mathematically asses that.
olawd!

M=72466
O=44216
t=6.67

tdps unbuffed=526412

dunno about my ehp

edit: diabloprogress shows 750k ehp
Edited by PhatPhoEater#1370 on 10/12/2012 9:23 PM PDT

Is the tooltip wrong then?[/quote]

That was a quote from Nubtro, he would be much more qualified to answer.
btw, i dont think you have to have 5%+ base LS to be success in MP8 and up for WW build. if you have 2.5% LS + passive skill bloodthirst + 800K EHP + 200K unbuffed DPS is better than 6% LS and 140K unbuffed DPS. I had a IK belt before, but I like that 9% attack speed from witching hour a little more.
10/12/2012 09:29 PMPosted by CaptAmerica
btw, i dont think you have to have 5%+ base LS to be success in MP8 and up for WW build. if you have 2.5% LS + passive skill bloodthirst + 800K EHP + 200K unbuffed DPS is better than 6% LS and 140K unbuffed DPS. I had a IK belt before, but I like that 9% attack speed from witching hour a little more.

Exceptions can be made, however, its arguably better NOT to rely on passive slot for life steal.
Please calculate your Tdps and we will see. For incredibly large Tdps scores, ls req can be lessened.
After quite a fair bit of testing on the PTR. My favourite belt is a LS TGOD's. The melee reduction is invaluable at high MP levels.
Check my bud Barborian out, he's a beast. Denkel#1711

On a side note, why must the candidate have 20k elite kills? I mean your whole formula is all about gear anyway, it takes out a large scope of guys who have really really sick gear.
I'm going to propose to Lorenze that we need an SoJ category after seeing DAKKON's results. One might accuse me of being vain, but there's a few reasons for attributing SoJs to another category.

1) Monster Bonus system entails that the Magic Find effect will take hold on whites only. This means that there will be an emphasis on clearing EVERYTHING;
2) Monster DPS has the capacity to one-shot you and will likely not die in one pass, or even two passes. This means that if you do go directly to an elite, you will be fighting whites and elites that have the capacity to wipe;
3) I did the calculations for an SoJ on my end and got a rough estimate that I would be doing about 730k DPS vs elites, so that would put me barely ahead of DAKKON, which leads me to my next point;
4) SoJs are readily available; however, I do not believe the WW crits are calculated into DAKKON's DPS so I think he'd have more TDPS than shown.
Check my bud Barborian out, he's a beast. Denkel#1711

On a side note, why must the candidate have 20k elite kills? I mean your whole formula is all about gear anyway, it takes out a large scope of guys who have really really sick gear.

Players who rmahed nearly all of their gear would need to go to the hall of wallet warriors instead of hall of heroes as it is unfair to compare those who worked for at least some of their gear vs those who rmahed billions of gold.
do you factor str on weapons when determining dps? just curious how my OH would stack up
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]