Diablo® III

Chat Window scrolls way too fast now

(Locked)

noticed this on PTR, now with 1.0.5 live its doing the same thing.

when clicking the up or down buttons (not the button that automatically scrolls to the bottom), the text flies by in either direction, taking you either to the top or bottom of the chat window. this makes it impossible to, say, scroll up 2 or 3 lines to read something you may have missed if in a group and you have to go afk for a minute or two. or if you in trade and see an item you may want to check out but others post so fast that said item scrolls off your view, leaving no way to scroll up those couple lines to find the linked item again

LF a response or comment on the issue. thanks
Bump on this wtf same problem
Same here..yet other people say theirs is working normal..Bump, for this annoying bug needs attention
agreed its a rather annoying issue... i am actually going to try and post an updated issues thread, because their 'known issues' thread is severely lacking in a bunch of bugs & issues reported by multiple players/posts on the forums...

if when i get it up, ill try to remember to link it here
any word on this issue blues?
Blizzard Employee
Hey guys,

I would appreciate it if you did not bump posts. Patch Days (and the days after) are very busy for the bug report forums, and I may not be able to post in a timely manner.

I am reading and collecting every thread as always :)
so if people dont reply to threads, how are the right people ever going to see said bug reports?

good logic there

how about not messing with things that arent broken in the first place? like the chat window scroll speed, or rmah tax fees
Edited by Raelys#1654 on 10/17/2012 12:35 PM PDT
I can confirm this chat scroll bug, and add that the same also applies to scroll menus in the auction house, for instance on the list of jewelcrafter designs.
Yeah, this text scroll is really annoying. I'm curious how this mess even started when it was just fine before the patch.
10/17/2012 04:15 PMPosted by Jaetch
Yeah, this text scroll is really annoying. I'm curious how this mess even started when it was just fine before the patch.

because they have a habit of screwing with things that are fine to begin wtih. how can this happen, and how can the rmah tax get doubled in the patch unless someone manually went in and re-coded the source on purpose for the patch???

it cant.

just sold a $10 pair of shoes and got $4.25 from the sale

if everybody who is posting about the rmah bug dont get reimbursed for their so called 'glitch' i plan on taking this to every gaming forum thats well known (g4, gametrailers, ign, etc) and showing the screenshots and link the bug report thread here to spread the word about the level of unprofessionalism this company has stooped to.....or activision, if not blizzard
Edited by Raelys#1654 on 10/17/2012 10:32 PM PDT
The thing is the chat window and other windows used to sometimes go off and scroll super fast like that occasionally, but only when you actually tried holding the arrow button down. Before 1.0.5., if you just tap clicked on it it would never do what it does now. It seems they were trying to fix the erratic behavior of what happens when you hold the button down, but now it just does it all the time and you can't single click anymore basically.
do that im personally not selling in RMAH but if i would i would be hella pissed to be ripped off by blizzard in such a way.. they have not announced anything like this in the notes have they ?
im very sure you could even sue them lol ^^
Any news about a coming fix?
I have the same problem on my account/system. Almost seems account settings related as it did the same between my desktop PC and my macbook air, but my friends don't have the issue.
Hey Blue, to stop ppe bumping threads and creating mutiple threads on same topic, It is good that you give a meaningful short reply and update the bugs list constantly.
90 Dwarf Hunter
I have the same problem however, until a fix is found a helpful thing to use is the "Page Up" and "Page Down" buttons on the keyboard this seems to work. Hope this helps.
Same problem. Really lame. I already thought the way chat is handled in D3 was terrible. This is just pathetic.
Workarounds from other threads: Disable v-sync. If your maximum framerate is set higher than 60, try reducing it.
85 Worgen Warrior
Hey guys,

I would appreciate it if you did not bump posts. Patch Days (and the days after) are very busy for the bug report forums, and I may not be able to post in a timely manner.

I am reading and collecting every thread as always :)

Gotta love when a blue posts, you get excited, but then you read this, and realize he's just on here to complain at you for bumping it...way to be helpful..

I'm having the same issue is why i'm on here...i'll try the page up/down thing...quite annoying.
Same problem for me
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]