Diablo® III

Framerate drops in Maghda fight

as a demon hunter you can kill her easily by running away in a circle around the pillars, placing sentry/turrets on cooldown and using vault to keep distance

killed her from normal to inferno like that while having 0-5 fps
Edited by puruzad#2461 on 10/29/2012 6:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Almost lost my hc character because of this bug.
Reply Quote
42 Dwarf Hunter

To fix it with MSE you have to kill MsMpEng.exe, you can do it with ProcessHacker (for example)

Or you could just add diablo III.exe to the excluded processes list in MSE, which fixed it for me.

It's strange that MSE is fine with the executable until this encounter. I wonder if there is some funky code in there that needs to be cleaned up.
Edited by PitSpawn#1659 on 10/30/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

To fix it with MSE you have to kill MsMpEng.exe, you can do it with ProcessHacker (for example)

Or you could just add diablo III.exe to the excluded processes list in MSE, which fixed it for me.

It's strange that MSE is fine with the executable until this encounter. I wonder if there is some funky code in there that needs to be cleaned up.

I when I got StarCraft 2 last winter and patched up the game, trendmicro Office Scan reported to me that 5 of the then 19 patches were viruses.
Reply Quote
[quote="69328803780"]Ok i got this from Ticket Support:

Alrighty, I have something I would like for you to try.
On the Launcher, please go to Game Preferences and then click Launch 32-bit client.

Now is it me or is he stoned? I only have an option 'reset game preferences'

I got the exact same response, up to and including the 'alrighty'. You are correct, there is no option to 'Launch 32-bit client'. Not only that, but this game is 100% unplayable during the Maghda fight. I haven't played in weeks because of it, and as far as I'm concerned, Diablo 3 is a defective product. I am currently trying to get my money back, I have lost all interest in continuing with this POS.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
As I said earlier, it's an acknowledged issue slated to be fixed as soon as they can.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6369438018

"Your computer's performance will diminish during the Maghda boss encounter. There is a specific sound file that is producing an error over and over, spamming the client with this error message."
Reply Quote
As I said earlier, it's an acknowledged issue slated to be fixed as soon as they can.

"Your computer's performance will diminish during the Maghda boss encounter. There is a specific sound file that is producing an error over and over, spamming the client with this error message."

This is unbelievable. I've started new chars. in SC and HC mode since 1.05 so I could gear myself up. This problem was reported immediately after the patch by myself and many others. It's absolutely unacceptable that it STILL isn't fixed yet. How is it that you guys can address other minor bugs and not fix a show-stopping problem? Better yet, why was Maghda/the fight changed at all when nothing about Maghda was touched during the patch? I came back here to check and see if it was fixed because I don't feel like losing my HC character due to FPS drain.

The whole point is: I still can't play and I still can't progress through the game and neither can any new or returning customer since the patch was released. Absolutely disgraceful.

Edit: Blizz really should offer refunds for a small period simply because their product is broken right now. This is another perfect example of the whole DRM - always online requirement being so terrible. You can't re-install to prior patch when it worked and play solo and because of it, you can't progress forward in a game. I know if I bought the game in Oct. and tried playing and kept running into this, I would demand a refund.
Edited by Malvaros#1852 on 11/1/2012 2:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It's been two weeks now. The cause of the problem has been identified. I'm having trouble understanding why this hasn't been fixed yet. If it's a specific sound file spamming error messages, can't it just be deleted or prevented from producing those messages? I'd really like to be able to make some more progress in this game at some point, ya know?
Reply Quote
same problem on the bridge A3 !
Reply Quote
This is such a pain. Just started to get back into D3 and now cant even get passed the boss </3
Reply Quote
Had this same huge FPS drop problem too during the Magda fight. I am using Comodo antivirus software and noticed the cdmdagent.exe was using a huge chunk of CPU time all the time when this happened. I didn't have to disable the whole antivirus software, just to set the "antivirus security level" to disabled instead of "on access". So indeed some file(s) is being accessed through the game zillion times and the antivirus sofware hangs up trying to scan the file all over again .. or something similar.

I noticed many people reported the same - hopefully this will help you guy who are/were stuck, like I was for a while.
Reply Quote
Confirmed. I just ran the encounter for the first time on 1.05 with a friend. FPS was inconsistent and spiking every few seconds. We had to exit the room before going over loot the fps was so bad.

This combined with other tehcnical issues has made the game almost unplayable since launch. Full screen mode is garbage now and suffers from performance issues. Windowed fullscreen actually performs better which is a joke to your programmers Blizzard. This game has need a stutter fix since beta and continues to get worse as the patches come out.

Before long the game will be completely unplayable. While EA is making local news for buggy games Blizzard is doing nothing at all. At least EA is trying to fix their games. Not one performance related patch from Blizz since launch and we've been asking since Beta. I'm tired of Activision Blizzard not supporting their products properly. It's time to get some new management and focus on getting this game fixed from a technical perspective and not just from a gameplay point of view.

The longer Blizzard takes ignoring engine issues, memory management, and overall game performance the worse it will get. Fix the suttering issue, allow the game to pre-cache more assets and use more memory, fix the fullscreen performance issues. There is no way in hell windowed performance should ever be higher than fullscreen. Not to mention vsync is not possible in windowed mode and image quality again suffers. I don't know whats going on at Blizzard right now but clearly there is something wrong with management. Someone needs to bring in the cleaner and get these issues sorted. Get rid of the fanboys saying these aren't issues and just fix them ffs.
Reply Quote

Sorry for my english........

I forgive u.
Reply Quote
Problem still exists as of 11/11, Im kind of afraid to take my HC character in there atm.

10/31/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Omrakos

I bet if the developers paychecks were riding on this bug, we'd have a fix same day. Or if Blizzard stock was involved. Its funny how dismissive people can be when it isn't their problem.

Yea IMADBRO
Edited by Torqbow#1421 on 11/11/2012 3:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

What about HC heroes lost due to the bug? I myself lost one... even though it was only lvl 20-something monk at normal dif. it's very frustrating to loose a hero while doing nothing wrong... just being unaware of such a bug. Any chance for restoration of heroes?
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Monk
Want a hack workaround? Make D3Debug.txt in your d3 folder read only.
Reply Quote
Nice solution. Maybe blizzard should recommend that.

I managed to get through it in NM, but I don't think that's going to fly again in Hell, so I will definitely be doing this.
Edited by Randox#1883 on 11/19/2012 11:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:20 PMPosted by Laod
Want a hack workaround? Make D3Debug.txt in your d3 folder read only.

Thanks man!

Completely fixed it for me. Almost lost my barb on hc nightmare. Yes, it was painful to watch the leave game counter go zero..
Edited by Riflo#2867 on 11/24/2012 8:13 PM PST
Reply Quote

Almost a month later any new news on this issue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]