Diablo® III

keywarden

I killed Odeg the Keywarden in Act I - Fields of Misery four times already with full 5 nv stacks each time,but he doesnt drop the key!!!! What am i doing wrong?
Reply Quote
you failed to tell us what MP lvl your doing it on.
Reply Quote
I've got a key from warden at 5NV, 6MP. 1 try
Edited by Ashley#6332 on 10/17/2012 2:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
OK now ive killed all key wardens. The first one ive killed many times at MP<3. 6 times at MP3, 4 times at levels 5 & 4 times at level 6. Ive not even smelled a key. Ive died fighting elites im not matched for and have been all over the fields of misery 20 times or so. Patience, Patience ...
Reply Quote
Try it again at MP10 and I guarantee you'll get the key.
Reply Quote
I can handle the Keywarden eventually, but I run from trees and the treasure goblins chase me all over the place. No Key. I must be doing something wrong. What?
Reply Quote
OK MP 10 it is.
Reply Quote
I cant do MP10. Grimiku wrote yesterday that MP is not for that. Items are to be available to all MPs. I think it was in answer to a previous whining of mine.
Reply Quote
Today I went twice to the Fields of Misery, once at MP 8 and just now at MP7, with 5NV, killed the key warden and got nothing. If the chances at MP8 are 80% and at MP7 70% I think the odds are about 1:20 of this happening if the system is working. No?

Another puzzle. I have one im. I thought there was a cellar in the building behind Malachi the healer, where the portals are. At MP 7 and 5NV I click all around the building and can't find it. ???
Edited by jazzman#1183 on 11/18/2012 1:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
so...would you like to tell us what mp you're doing it on?
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 01:03 AMPosted by Clockcleaner
I cant do MP10. Grimiku wrote yesterday that MP is not for that. Items are to be available to all MPs. I think it was in answer to a previous whining of mine.

MP has everything to do with it. MP6 or above will very likely get a key. If you do 3 runs with MP6 or above and no key you are really in some bad luck. You can even get keys in public game but I got like 1 key since the patch from public games. I wouldn't count on farming keys there.
Reply Quote
The odds can't do anything for bad luck. I better change my whole life if this is a sign. I get lousy drops and have been to the AH for all equipment but thought the keys were a done deal. Been playing since D1 came out in the late 90s.
Reply Quote
I went MP7 on act 1 back to back and got keys both times..not that hard to get the keys..just boring killing monsters with all that HP
Reply Quote
View profile
11/18/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Clockcleaner
I can handle the Keywarden eventually, but I run from trees and the treasure goblins chase me all over the place. No Key. I must be doing something wrong. What?

The treasure goblins chase you all over the place?
Reply Quote
OK now ive killed all key wardens. The first one ive killed many times at MP<3. 6 times at MP3, 4 times at levels 5 & 4 times at level 6. Ive not even smelled a key. Ive died fighting elites im not matched for and have been all over the fields of misery 20 times or so. Patience, Patience ...

No keys for people who RMAH their way through.
Reply Quote
I allways play on MP1 as the killing is sooo much faster - and i have no problems getting keys, or some very nice loots. My luck has been good i guess, as my MF is minimal.

I suggest staying on the lower MP lvl and just plow through - you will get a key with much less time and effort. May you have better luck..

Also - your repair costs will stay lower
Edited by UnifiedEarth#1427 on 11/18/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
thats true as well..on act 3 with MP0 it took me 15 tries and got it.if your impatient like me after a while the higher MP lvls work but not worth it if you spend more in time and repairs
Reply Quote
Thanks for all advice. I'm still trying by the way. Th Ah makes me feel a little empowered in spite of the lousy luck I have. I would much rather find good stuff. I've checked some profiles and some of you people really kick !@# with less. It's going to be a very long road to a Hellfire ring. I've only seen 3 Brown drops so this key would make 4. With level 60 (13).
Reply Quote
I read somewhere that the "swing rate" affects drops.?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]