Diablo® III

Affixes that should be changed

@Nasabot

if that is reply to me then you didn't catch what I'm trying to said. Affix are lazy mechanic in a game full of random, eliminate affix does not mean eliminate challenge. All I'm asking is make each type of packs with their own !@#$%^- unique skill move and not just stupid bull*!@# random affix. The skill moves can be as much challenge as any of these affix as long its not the same crap over and over again, this only show the lack of thoughts put into to create these monster type.
Reply Quote
Those affixes are pretty sucky. The reason why teleport > slow time, why every WD has spirit walk, etc. They suffocate character build choices by forcing you to take certain skills to deal with those situations. (not including broken storm chaser builds or geared to the teeth wicked wind builds because diamond skin is up all the time) They are also the reason why cooldowns suck so much and why most wizards use critical mass for example. Doesn't make sense, teleport 15 second cooldown and enemies can vortex you 3 times in a row in less than 5 seconds.

And what do they do? Break the proc rates for critical mass, when they should be lowering skill cooldowns (and not just for wizards).

Doesn't help that even 80% snares are completely useless on fast enemies. Don't even need the fast affix in some cases, such as demonic tremors.

So, what do? Roll a cookie cutter, yay. Avoid using half the skills the characters have, yay. All thanks to certain champion affixes.
Edited by DeadDragon#1455 on 10/16/2012 2:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
thats baby talk!!!

Waller is just an obsticle ( EZ to jump)
As a barb you can break CIE with Beserker
As a monk you can do it with serenity
i dont know about the other classes cus
Reply Quote
I don't know why people keep on whining so much even when they play the damn softcore...Honestly repair bills aren't much of a problem anymore since the last adjustment.
Reply Quote
Waller and vortex are fine imo, jailer is indeed retarded.nightmare is borderline, but I think it's OK.
Reply Quote
i understand the point of waller for the fact of waller and arcan laser combo if your not a wizard how do you get away from this annoying combo
Reply Quote
OP you're arguing about what is and what is not fun. Fun is subjective; to Jay Wilson, having tons of core stats on your gear and having weapon dps as well as one main stat increase the damage of your abilities is fun. To me, gaining a few stats every level and allocating them however I chose and gaining a skill point every level and alloting it to whichever skill I want to make more powerful is fun. To you, completel loss of your character is not fun, to some other people, it is fun. You can't tell other people what is fun and what is not, you can only tell them what is fun for you and what is not fun for you, and they can only either agree or disagree, but there is no absolute right answer.
Reply Quote
This is true. But i'm also expressing the opinion of many.
Reply Quote
OP is right this game is to easy, they needs to remove these affixs to make it easier....

This is what the OP was talking about right?
Reply Quote
i ran into an elite pack of jailer/desecrator/arcane enchanted/vortex in act 3 a couple days ago... the werent shy in spamming all of it either
Reply Quote
There's some much bigger issues with the way some monsters/bosses are designed. I agree that jailer is BS sometimes and really needs to have some kinda warning. I can usually avoid vortex by using pillars/walls/cliffs which is a cool mechanic. But there's so many monsters (mostly act 4) that have unavoidable attacks that do much more damage than attacks that are easy to avoid. It's just bad design. It does not reward the player for getting better and learning how to dodge attacks and it just feels like forced difficulty.

For example, the Oppressor charge seems to come at complete random, is unavoidable, and does an absurd amount of damage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJp14STmANU). It would probably be a better mechanic if the charge itself did not do any damage and was only used for the monster to quickly get close to the player.

Another example is Raganoth's unavoidable teleport one shot kill attack. Seriously, why the hell does an attack that is so poorly telegraphed and can only be avoided with certain skills do so much damage? At least with skeleton king you know his attack is coming when you hear a distinct audio/visual queue and even then you could dodge the attack with proper movement and timing. PLUS his attack does so much less in comparison to Raganoth's.

There's some other unfair stuff like soul lashers (though blizzard nerfed the hell out of these guys so theres no reward or punishment when dealing with them now), terror demons who appear out of nowhere and practically one shot you, those ghosts with the ranged attack that slows you down, and those nightmare demons on a4 with the super fast projectiles and unavoidable debuffs.

I'm okay with unavoidable attacks as long as they don't do too much damage. A good example would be the butcher's aoe spear attack. Most of his attacks are easy to dodge but the damage taken from the aoe makes the battle more challenging without necessarily being unfair. It requires the player to take precautions such as having enough health to prepare for the aoe spear attack and also it makes the player play more carefully after being hit. But crap like Oppressors and Raganoth is just too unpredictable and way too punishing.
Edited by Panzer#1682 on 10/16/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
/agree to an extent.

My outlook is: Why shouldn't my resistances play a factor in whether or not these things are successful and for how long they're successful? Why do you need an affix on an item to do what All Res should already be doing?
Reply Quote
i do agree with OP
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
You do know that CC breaking abilities and CC reduction on gear is there to help with those situations right? If you are not using anything to help in those situations (such as no CC breaking skills, defensive CDs, CC reduction on gear etc) then you really can't complain since you knowingly are not prepared for them. It's the same idea as having low health/resists and wondering why you get 1-shotted.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
/agree to an extent.

My outlook is: Why shouldn't my resistances play a factor in whether or not these things are successful and for how long they're successful? Why do you need an affix on an item to do what All Res should already be doing?

Because then all res would be too powerful of a stat, to be reducing damage from all sources AND reducing the effectiveness of CC.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]