Diablo® III

15 legendaries in 3 hours = CONTROLLED DROPS

RNG or not. The fact is after every patch loot is lucrative.

Few days later it is crap again.
Reply Quote
I just found my second set item .. last time I found set was before 2 months.. I hope drops stays like that
Reply Quote
My Wiz also found her first legendary today after 200+ hours of nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Your understanding of the word 'fact' is at a level even lower than the OP's understanding of the word 'refute'.
Reply Quote

Your understanding of the word 'fact' is at a level even lower than the OP's understanding of the word 'refute'.

Every time after patch people experience higher levels of loot. I have, all my friends have.

That is a fact. The forums are proof of this. All any statistic in the world can proove is a trend. And the trend right now is people experience better loot immediately after a patch.
Edited by BunzBun#1652 on 10/17/2012 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 03:23 PMPosted by Gladware
Maybe we should send in a mole into Blizz INC and spy for us...*evil laugh*

rofl
Reply Quote
since nobody seems to be answering your question, yes. they doubled the drop rates for legendary and set items.
Reply Quote
Hard to believe without proof. All of those legionaries yet the gear on your main sucks OP. there is no secret on off/adjustment switch for legionaries. Sometimes I get good stuff and sometimes I get junk, it is what it is. Blizz has got it right.
Reply Quote
I want to contribute a bit :)

avg kill per hour = 500
rate of getting 1 leg/set = 1 in 5000 (we assume this)
mf affects this, say you have 125 + 5NV = 200mf, triple that ratio
rate of getting 1 leg/set with 200mf = 3 in 5000 (or 1 in 1666)

now getting 15 in 3 hour is =
getting 15 in 1500 kills =
getting 5 in 1 hour =
getting 5 in 500 kills =
getting 1 in every 100 kills...

getting 15 in 1500 kills is:

P(15,1485)(1500)(1/1666)^15=(1500!/1485!*15!)*(1/1666)^15
= 1.4765e-13

1.47 in 10,000,000,000,000!!!

similarly

getting 1 in 100 kills:

P(1,99)(100)(1/1666)^1=(100!/99!*1!)(1/1666)=100/1666=0.06

or getting none in 100: (1/1666)^100 = 0.94 (meaning 0.06 getting 1 or more)

and getting this 15 times is

(0.06)^15 = 4.73015e-13

4.73 in 10,000,000,000,000!!!

in any case, probability of getting 15 in 3 hours is around 1-5 in 10 trillion!

Do you believe this is RNG!

Yes, yes I do. Do you know how many trillions of items people have farmed playing this game. After that many item drops this is probably fairly likely to happen. People win the Powerball/Mega Millions jackpot right?
Reply Quote
This is a reply to the thread that the blue locked recently.
I highly suspect there are bugs in the loot drop system.
I experienced 15 days straight of no Legendaries/Sets to drop and occasionally(happened 3 times now) same name/stat of Rare dropped within 2-3 secs after another.
Please investigate. Thank you!
Reply Quote
Dont know if RNG or true that drops are better after a patch but I also had a streak of not finding any legendary items for about ~ 150 hours and then I got a pair of Fire Walkers in the first ~ 15 minutes of play after 1.05 started :). Just thought to add this here to keep up the fuel for the fixed drop theory as it is quite hillarious to read.
Reply Quote
I have a semi serious question. Why when I read this did my norton inform me that:

"Full Path: c:\programdata\battle.net\agent\agent.1363\agent.exe
Identified 9/24/2012 at 1:25:27 PM
Last Used 10/17/2012 at 4:32:44 PM
Startup Item No
New
This file was released 25 days ago.
Source File:
agent.exe

Avg. Resource Usage:Low
Avg. CPU Usage:Low
Avg. Memory Usage:Low
10/17/2012 4:32:37 PM

Process ID 1148
CPU 100% of at least one CPU.
Memory Normal
Handles Count Normal
Disk Read Activity Normal
Disk Write Activity Normal

File Thumbprint - MD5:
f1fd3cec0ffc01087b68567300212c1a

It was telling me that this file was using 100% of my cpu and it was just the launcher sitting by iteself. I dont know how an open launcher could use all or one of my CPU's while being presumedly idle. Maybe I am starting to believe some of this conspiracy :D. Honestly though any nerds know why/or how that is possible that diablo launcher freaked my norton out? I feel like I was being tracked or what I was doing was being logged. I never said yes about sending my non personal computer specifications to blizzard.

I have a computer less than a year old. 8gbs ram, i5 processor, and a newer nvidia graphics card made by asus.

Honestly kudos for trying to come up with some numbers to figure out the answer. I feel though that the bottom line is that it is impossible to prove/disprove and these kills are taking place over billions of times a day. There are bound to be people who do better than others.
Reply Quote
I just like how the OP stops posting on her own thread...

OH yeah... she found an IK Chest Piece that shes selling for 350m.

Guess the Loot Master at Blizzard wanted to shut her up?????

lmao....
Reply Quote
I farmed for like 8 hours since the patch on MP 2-4 and got zero legendaries... maybe there is something to the thread about people's accounts being loot blacklisted? I got forum banned a while ago for saying negative things about the game after 1.03 and since then, havent really gotten any good drops.
Edited by Oldboy#1827 on 10/17/2012 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Right, legendary drops a lot with the patch but they all suck,less than 100k gold. I was farming for the keys.

Warmonger lvl62 MP5 Vota
Ivory Tower lvl61 MP5 Dahlgur Oasis
Won Kim Lau lvl62 MP5 Dahlgur Oasis
Dawn lvl62 MP6 Stonefort
Reply Quote
It was telling me that this file was using 100% of my cpu and it was just the launcher sitting by iteself. I dont know how an open launcher could use all or one of my CPU's while being presumedly idle. Maybe I am starting to believe some of this conspiracy :D. Honestly though any nerds know why/or how that is possible that diablo launcher freaked my norton out? I feel like I was being tracked or what I was doing was being logged. I never said yes about sending my non personal computer specifications to blizzard.

I have a computer less than a year old. 8gbs ram, i5 processor, and a newer nvidia graphics card made by asus.

Honestly kudos for trying to come up with some numbers to figure out the answer. I feel though that the bottom line is that it is impossible to prove/disprove and these kills are taking place over billions of times a day. There are bound to be people who do better than others.

I got my account locked like a few weeks ago and they emailed me about my computer has spyware or something. I reactivated my account after I did a full scan with AVG, removed some potential threads. Even so, I was unable to find any more leg/sets afterward. Is that why they don't drop me leg/sets anymore? Not complaining, I'm just putting together some facts that happened to me without getting a leg/set until recently the 1.0.5 patch is up and I immediately got a Manticore dropped after a couple hours of playing the new release. I highly suspect that that's because the patch did a reset on everything (including the settings which is annoying.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]