Diablo® III

15 legendaries in 3 hours = CONTROLLED DROPS

Your understanding of the word 'fact' is at a level even lower than the OP's understanding of the word 'refute'.

Every time after patch people experience higher levels of loot. I have, all my friends have.

That is a fact. The forums are proof of this. All any statistic in the world can proove is a trend. And the trend right now is people experience better loot immediately after a patch.

I direct you to:

The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled

Now, don't you feel stupid?
Reply Quote
I direct you to:

The chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled

Now, don't you feel stupid?

I don't think that's the subject to matter. Unless the drop rates for him and his friends have greatly showing a "double" amount.

That's not how one should interpret either. If something has never dropped at all, the chance of dropping would still be zero as to that statement about the drop chance has been doubled.

I'm not saying someone is lying but it's better to believe things with actual data and experience accumulated by players than relying solely one a patch note since there could be bugs too.
Reply Quote
The day 1.0.4 went live, all ppl got many legendaries. Blizzard said they were lucky,and ''fixed'' the drop rates to normal on next day. Today happened same thing. Nobody can deny I'm wrong can they? So go farm before next maint.
Reply Quote
new farm strategy: patch farming
Reply Quote
you found 15 top-tier legenedaries in 3 hours and your gear still sucks? hmm...

I've seen what amounts to double the number of legendaries i used to see. (I actually got 2 today)

I don't see anything top tier in your post and i dont see even 15 legendaries in your edited stash/for sale. i could show you a screen shot with a page of my stash full of legendaries, but none of them are worth more than 9mil, most not worth more than 100k and I never got more than 2 in 3 hours. But that doesn't mean some people haven't gotten more.
Edited by Mishri#1796 on 10/17/2012 11:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah, its luck. I have played hundreds of hours and found 3 legendary items. Only 3!! This is stupid. I have found 0 set items. I don't understand how people are getting 15 legs in 3 hours. I would be happy to get 15 in 3 months at the rate I am getting them
Reply Quote
i dont understand why they set my account to not get anything good. I have played 100's of hours and found only 3 crappy legendary items and no set items. The rares I have found are all useless. I had to buy all my good gear on the AH. What did I do Blizzard to piss you off?
Reply Quote
i dont understand why they set my account to not get anything good. I have played 100's of hours and found only 3 crappy legendary items and no set items. The rares I have found are all useless. I had to buy all my good gear on the AH. What did I do Blizzard to piss you off?
Reply Quote
people are stupid............Why would blizzard control drops in any way other than set rng drop rates? There is no reason.
Reply Quote
Random Number Generation is too important to be left up to chance
Reply Quote
The day 1.0.4 went live, all ppl got many legendaries. Blizzard said they were lucky,and ''fixed'' the drop rates to normal on next day. Today happened same thing. Nobody can deny I'm wrong can they? So go farm before next maint.

It's highly suspected.
Found 3 legs in one night now, let's see what's up after next maintenance tmw.
Reply Quote
I found 4 legends in about 3 keys and the Infernal Machine plan. Those items sucked, less than 100k gold except the fourth around 3M. Blizz doubled the chance of legendary items but only the crappy ones. At least, this gives the impression of better drops to some.

I'm wary of what could change though after the maintenance. I've seen a lot of nice but cheaper than they used to, items for sale in the AH.

It's highly suspected.
Found 3 legs in one night now, let's see what's up after next maintenance tmw.
Reply Quote
2 days ago, after downloading the 105 patch, found these in 4 hrs of playing:

1 x godly Zummi chest
1 x godly Mempo helm
1 x decent Skorn
1 x bad Warmonger (2h sword)
1 x average Chantodo set wand

Was this fluke?

PLayed 5 hrs yesterday, and did not find a single item worth mentioning

EDIT: Seems there is something funny going on. Same thing happened after the 1.0.4 patch. The day of the patch, it is raining items. But by the day after patch launched, everything is back to normal.
Edited by powpowboom71#1665 on 10/18/2012 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/18/2012 09:35 AMPosted by powpowboom71
EDIT: Seems there is something funny going on. Same thing happened after the 1.0.4 patch. The day of the patch, it is raining items. But by the day after patch launched, everything is back to normal.

This is exactly my experience too. Yesterday when the patch came out i found 4 Legendarys in about 3 - 4 hours, a friend of mine found 2. Today i played the whole day and nothing dropped... . So no one can say this is just bad luck... . Its always when a new patch is released.
Reply Quote
I love the new drop rate for Legendary stuff. This will help a lot the economics of D3 game playing. If US government can print currency notes to boost the economic and infrastructure building activities and save many government research and welfare programs, Blizzards can surely drop more virtual gears to please players. I can assure any player that s/he will be happy and even excited when seeing a legendary item regardless how rich s/he is or how much stuff s/he has...
Reply Quote
And from all this we come to the OBVIOUS conclusion that drops are NOT based on probability formulas but rather on some other concoction of mathematics!

Simple!
Reply Quote
So how do I get myself in the good graces of Blizz and remove me from the naughty list?
Reply Quote
Per the patch notes, the chance for Legendary and set items to drop has been doubled.

Also, data:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/
Reply Quote
As others in this thread have mentioned, having a “hot streak” of good drops, or by contrast, a streak of poor drops can happen because the probability of each roll is not tied to the previous one. Ketchup offered a good example of this:

Do you believe flipping a coin 100 times will yield exactly 50 heads and 50 tails? maybe a coin might give you close 50/50. when you include more things in the calculations, it gets ugly from there. probabilities do not remember what you rolled before. only at the instant when it rolls.

Because of this, you are not guaranteed any set number of Legendaries, set items, or rares within a certain period of time. Bear in mind that MF affects the quality of drops you’ll see, but not necessarily the number of drops you get from a particular kill (you can find out more about Magic Find [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/game/guide/items/equipment#magic-find"]here[/url]). Thus having high MF and being able to quickly and effectively clear challenging monsters will certainly aide your cause, but at the end of the day, the “luck” players have can vary widely.
how about 1k hours without something better than a goldskin, or a single set, good plan etc.
Edited by Clarist#1365 on 10/18/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]