Diablo® III

15 legendaries in 3 hours = CONTROLLED DROPS

I know items from each category ends like this:
Spear__01
Spear__02

and they have attached a secret code after , ranged from 1 to 9, 9 being a higher chance to roll top end affixes, while 1 being the lowest affix rolls.
Ex:
Spear__01 (1-4) , meaning all items in this category will roll this affix range for your account.

Blizzard would go and turn this numbers on and off on account base, meaning they will switch your loot from 9 to 1 and you are done for, no more proper affixes, set items or legendary for you until they switch it back (blacklisting your account)
This is done mostly to those who "dare" to face D3 on the forums, to force the player quit.

Normal account:
Spear__o2 (1-9) << true rng (you will get both good and bad drops)

Blacklist account:
Spear__o2 (1-3)<< controlled drops (you will only get bad drops, since the server will dish out only the lowest range of afixes for you)

As i said, someone , by mistake, switched your end rolls to 7-9 range , so voila, 15 legendary items in 3 hours.
I hope people will believe now.

Only childish gamer and loser can come up with fantastic scientific theories and/or just because they got crap drops or maybe just been greedy. Blizzard don't even have sufficient customer service to serve you let alone monitor and tag your account, unless with some smart programming.
Sometime i just can't stop laughing after reading posts with all sorts of theories and assumptions such as Kopokabana. I am 100% agree and believe that all the drops are depending on your luck and MF has only a little impact on the quality of the drops. There was a time where I got 1 quality set item and 4 lengendary ( 2 quality) in 1 single Act 3 run and there were time I don't even get a legendary for 2 - 3 days. I just have to accept my luck when it is not on my side.
FYI, I collected more than 25 set items and bunch of lengendary. I m running at max MF of 403 and more than 50% of the legendary I collected are craps but I m not complaining. Just accept it or move on with your life.
Reply Quote
This is exactly why the games fails!
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Thus having high MF and being able to quickly and effectively clear challenging monsters will certainly aide your cause, but at the end of the day, the “luck” players have can vary widely.

Yea, it's all karma, man. Youse screwed yourself in a previous life.
Reply Quote
I didnt find a legendary in 3 days ntil last night, and in the same run between 3 of us, 5 legends and 1 set item dropped.

Rng can suck sometimes and be your friend other times.
Reply Quote
lol multiple people reporting the same Phenomenon and everyone still thinks its just rng?
Reply Quote
When farming solo, remember to let your follower use "Sun Keeper" mace which come with max 45% MF.
Reply Quote
What phenomenon? Some people are luckier than other people some days? ... sure
Reply Quote
What about playing for more than 5 hours everyday straight for a solid month having over 320(nv 5 stacks) magic find and STILL not finding 1 legendary or set item? I don't think luck factors in there. Something is screwy. Like seriously screwy. Whats even worse is my friend gets on and plays for about 3 hrs tops and finds at least (no exaggeration) 4 legendaries EVERY TIME. He has waaaay less mf than me and kills slower than i do. He's found 12 in the last 4 days and i haven't found 1 in a month! And this isn't something that's just started recently, it's been like this since day 1.

Explain that.

I'm not 1 to be all tin-foil hat as you guys say, but are there certain accounts that just have a preprogrammed high drop chance granted to them?

It sounds really stupid, I know, but I'm super frustrated by this.
Edited by Jinx#1472 on 10/15/2012 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Elitro
I don't think that you can get THAT lucky.

Actually, given a statistically random RNG, over enough different players, you can /expect/ that there will be someone who gets that "lucky". You can also /expect/ that there will be some different person who is conversely that "unlucky", and many, many people somewhere in between. Actual legendary drops per mob should only approach the expected chance per mob over very, very large numbers of mobs killed.
Edited by Anomie#1322 on 10/15/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by Jinx
What about playing for more than 5 hours straight for a solid month having over 320(nv 5 stacks) magic find and STILL not finding 1 legendary or set item? I don't think luck factors in there. Something is screwy. Like seriously screwy. Whats even worse is my friend gets on and plays for about 3 hrs tops and finds at least (no exaggeration) 4 legendaries EVERY TIME. He has waaaay less mf than me and kills slower than i do. He's found 12 in the last 4 days and i haven't found 1 in a month! And this isn't something that's just started recently, it's been like this since day 1.

Explain that.

I'm not 1 to be all tin-foil hat as you guys say, but are there certain accounts that just have a preprogrammed high drop chance granted to them?

It sounds really stupid, I know, but I'm super frustrated by this.

LOL. Have to change your account name.
Edited by Cameo#6595 on 10/15/2012 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Maybe it is my name. lol. It was good luck for me in D2 but bad for me in this game, apparently.

And why does my profile still say that i haven't beaten Diablo on inferno still, Blizz?!?!?!
Edited by Jinx#1472 on 10/15/2012 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Gadra
1 set item from a chest the entire time i played and about 4 completely worthless garbage legends
So you're complaining that you "won" 5 times according to the game, but the resulting winnings were not to your liking. Oookay...

If you bought 4 scratch-off tickets and won, with the odds being 1:4 as a winner, then one could say that you "won". Just because each ticket yielding a $1 prize doesn't discount the fact that you did win on all 4 tickets and defied the odds.

The game doesn't differentiate between "value" and what you personally find "good" in itemization (ilvl arguments aside). So again, you "won" 5 times, whereas I've seen posts by others claiming 0.
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 06:47 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Bear in mind that MF affects the quality of drops you’ll see,

Can you please clarify what "quality" here means? Does it mean Yellow instead of blue or better rolls (3digit numbers instead of 2) or Ilvl 63 instead of 62 below?
Reply Quote
I can get 0 legendary in 10 A3 runs and I can get 3 in the same run. It's just random, hundreds of thousands of people are playing, obviously a lot of people are getting lucky/unlucky streaks.

Rolled 6 times in a row 14 on a 20 sided dice last weekend. My dice is obviously controlled by God himself. 1/6.4 million chance of that happening, can't be a coincidence.
Edited by Shiroi#1517 on 10/15/2012 9:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 09:30 PMPosted by WytMinority4
Bear in mind that MF affects the quality of drops you’ll see,

Can you please clarify what "quality" here means? Does it mean Yellow instead of blue or better rolls (3digit numbers instead of 2) or Ilvl 63 instead of 62 below?

Legendary
6-affix rare
5-affix
etc
Reply Quote
I know items from each category ends like this:
Spear__01
Spear__02

and they have attached a secret code after , ranged from 1 to 9, 9 being a higher chance to roll top end affixes, while 1 being the lowest affix rolls.
Ex:
Spear__01 (1-4) , meaning all items in this category will roll this affix range for your account.

Blizzard would go and turn this numbers on and off on account base, meaning they will switch your loot from 9 to 1 and you are done for, no more proper affixes, set items or legendary for you until they switch it back (blacklisting your account)
This is done mostly to those who "dare" to face D3 on the forums, to force the player quit.

Normal account:
Spear__o2 (1-9) << true rng (you will get both good and bad drops)

Blacklist account:
Spear__o2 (1-3)<< controlled drops (you will only get bad drops, since the server will dish out only the lowest range of afixes for you)

As i said, someone , by mistake, switched your end rolls to 7-9 range , so voila, 15 legendary items in 3 hours.
I hope people will believe now.

This is the guy whose highest level character is FOURTEEN. He has never gotten out of normal mode, and already he's developed a conspiracy theory about loot. Just wait for the big show when he hits sixty...'nuff said.
Reply Quote
i'd say it's all luck when it comes to drop, i've been grinding paragon lvl for almost a month all i get is $hitty drops. The other day though i found a Manticore that i sold for $150. it's worse than out sourcing this stuff it's like im getting paid $0.50 /hr.
Reply Quote
I thought this happened to me as well.

the day after 1.04 was released I found 2 legendaries within 15 minutes of each other. they were almost on the same floor of the dungeon.....it was insane.

but a thread was started in hopes to gather everyone who witnessed this phenomenon and Im sure there was only about 30 of us..........

i was expecting thousands of occurences but nope....unless everyone missed the thread....

Well, I can vouch for this happening to me. A friend and I were playing and getting loads of nice drops for the time. 3 legendaries dropped that evening (never got any before that - I'm in Asia playing in the US server). And the yellows were undeniably much better than the trash we've been used to since launch day. Got my very first 2H axe + 190% crit damage + main stat + socket. Transformed my barbarian entirely.

The very next morning, back to terrible drops. Another friend who had problems logging in and got locked out the whole evening was furious, especially after we showed our haul. I remember that day very well 'cos I stayed up way past sleeping time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]