Diablo® III

Monster Power

I don't know about you guys but I pretty much can handle Monster Power 3 but any higher and I just get destroyed. Damage mitigation sucks on a monk now. How are you guys finding the new monster power(s)?

Thoughts, suggestions?
Reply Quote
Your gear looks fine, perhaps changing to mantra of evasion - hard target will help you. I'd be inclined to get some more LOH, perhaps 500 or so, to supplement your LS. Or you could increase your DPS to get a better return on LS. Depends how much gold you have.
Reply Quote
Pretty much if i dream of mp1+ i wake up and apologize have switched to all defense just to get by it seems.
Reply Quote
MP4 is pretty efficient, but MP5 is 50/50 depending on the packs attributes while solo, but with an average dh friend, MP5 was easy as pie.
Reply Quote
After monster 6 I start to have to watch what I'm doing carefully. 4 is probably the most effective farm for me though. Is the point of this post to census monks to compare gear to monster level or are you just checking to see how common your current position is?
Reply Quote
There's no point in all this MPx stuff. Let's say, you get a 250% MF buff but you kill only 1 elite in 10+ minutes and you die 2-3 times. Without this buff at MP0 you kill 10 elites in the same time and you don't die at all, you can even change some of your defensive gear to MF gear because of the monster damage nerf, if you're not PLVL100 yet. I'm guessing that playing at MP0 without this buff is more profitable. In the same amount of time, you will get more gold, more rares and more items in general (which results in more rolls that may bring you a legendary). My personal opinion that this whole MPx thing does not worth it.

Yeah, sure, you can get a 35% xp ring. After you spend a couple of month trying to get one with a decent roll. LOL.

I am not going to even try this MPx thing unless some one can show me how I am wrong in my thoughts.
Reply Quote
the only difference it will make is when u are too strong for mp 0/1. If you kill stuff at the same speed when u deal with mp 0 and mp4, then go mp 4.
Reply Quote
@Kristina

When I do MP3 (like it use to be Act 3 1.04), All monsters would just melt when I hit them. Some would go down with just my sweeping wind. When you get to a certain dps / survivability, you would be stupid to not bump up the MP level up a notch or 2. You may slow your run down by 15 minutes going from MP3 to MP4 but the experience bonus, MF / GF bonuses make it a more efficient run than doing MP3. Myself, going from MP3 to MP4, the time difference is even smaller than that. It is a free bonus for me. Why turn it down?

When you struggle to kill things in a MP level, it does not make sense in terms of efficiency to move up. It may be more efficient to move down a MP level actually to speed up your run. Think about it, it will make sense as you get stronger
Reply Quote
@Kristina
When I do MP3 (like it use to be Act 3 1.04), All monsters would just melt when I hit them

If MP3 is the same as Act 3 in 1.0.4, then I'm going to farm MP3. I have not yet tried 1.0.5, so I thought that MP0 is like Act 3 in 1.0.4. My point was that there's no point in farming higher MPx's just because of the buffs, because speed means much more than any MF/GF/XP buffs. And the ring is a joke, considering that there's nothing else to loot from Ubers.
Reply Quote
I found MP3 Act 3 roughly on par with 1.0.4 Act 3 through Ghom. It was slightly easier in the sense that I didn't find myself dying and one-shot as much, but clearing it took a little longer. I was able to get to Ghom in MP4 but couldn't take him below 25% health, as I recall, before he filled the room with gas and killed me.

If you're looking to farm optimally, go as high as you can while still melting everything. If you're playing for the challenge of seeing how far you can push yourself, go as high as you can, and then either muscle through that level to gear up or drop down to farm more gear.
Reply Quote
4 is the most efficient by far in terms of exp for me. Have done up to mp7 for key farming, sometimes I get elites with really stupid affixes and have to kite a lot. Monk mitigation is a bit !@#$ed now with the STI nerf.
Reply Quote
There's no point in all this MPx stuff.

I am not going to even try this MPx thing unless some one can show me how I am wrong in my thoughts.

Well considering that higher MF gives you higher quality/more affixes on the drops, there's your answer...
Reply Quote
Thanks all. I was wondering how my experiences were comparing to other monks.

I've been doing mp3 (with a little of mp4) to get the hellish keys as I really want those legendary rings. I've found so far that I've needed to switch from overawe back to mantra of evasion with hard target. I've kept STI, but I'm currently stuck between using 15% dodge passive (technically 30% of crit chance as dodge) or switching to the one that reduces cool downs by 20%. I like the dodge but it scales poorly considering I'm using the dodge aura already.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 09:51 PMPosted by BigTuna
Well considering that higher MF gives you higher quality/more affixes on the drops, there's your answer...

Yes, it does. But if it slows you 10x times, what is the point? You will get more decent items out of 150 rares per hour with your normal MF than out of 15 rares with higher MF.
Reply Quote
@Blessed: Dodge chance is calculated individually and then displayed on your sheet as a single score. In other words, if you gain 15% dodge, you take get hit 85% of the time in addition to whatever stats you had before you turned on that passive. DEX has diminishing returns, but an additional 15% dodge scales perfectly--it's a 15% armor buff that doesn't deliver.
Reply Quote
I'm having no issue really with MP4 act 1 so far. Loving the extra loot tho, we gonna be rich! lol
Reply Quote
I don't know about you guys but I pretty much can handle Monster Power 3 but any higher and I just get destroyed. Damage mitigation sucks on a monk now. How are you guys finding the new monster power(s)?

Thoughts, suggestions?

I played MP4.. surviving was not a problem, easy actually, how ever my DPS was not high enough to make it "fun", so I toned down to MP3.. and that feels much better from a fun factor.

It just comes down to build/gear. Survivability thus far feels "easier" then before as far as I am concerned.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Kristina

Yes, it does. But if it slows you 10x times, what is the point? You will get more decent items out of 150 rares per hour with your normal MF than out of 15 rares with higher MF.

The difference is that at MP1, all the monsters (and chests etc..) are level 63, so they drop better stuff.. so I would say you're correct about the higher levels and efficiency, but MP0 with magic find wouldn't be as good as MP1 with magic find.
Reply Quote
@Blueskies: +1. I was able to handle MP2 and MP3 on the PTR, and I got as far as Ghom on MP4, but endlessly hacking at monsters wasn't terribly cool. I'm going through a full run on MP1 now just to see how it feels. I suspect that Act 3 on No Monster Power will be a lot like Act 2 in 1.0.4: everything will explode.

@pixelrage: All the Act 3 and Act 4 monsters on MP0 are also level 63. All the mobs on MP1 have an extra 50% health, so farming Act 3 on MP0 will be better for some players than playing any act on MP1.
Reply Quote
I am finding MP4 no issues in Act 1, difficult in Act 2 as the elites take a while to kill, and need to drop MP down in Act 3 to make any profit. This is for soloing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]