Diablo® III

Champs/Rares achievement post 1.0.5

So I have found the following champions and rares in hardcore after 1.0.5 is up:

Champion Mallet Lord (Silver Spire 2)
Champion Skeletal Marauder (Battlefield Stores 1)
Champion Armored Destroyer (Garden Tier 1)
Champion Skeletal Raider (The Unknown Depths)
Rare Mallet Lord (Silver Spire 1)
Rare Skeletal Raider (The Unknown Depths)
Rare Skeletal Sentry (The Forgotten Ruins)
Rare Dust Imp (The Ruins 1 in the Stinging Winds): location provided by Malocor
Rare Armaddon (Sacellum of Virtue in Garden Tier 2): location provided by Malocor and Natureswrath
Found it the 2nd time I found Sacellum of Virtue. The elite pack was just there without touching any chest.

I've killed several champion Subjucators as well, but it is still remain unchecked in my list, same as before. Still missing the following champions and rares with brief notes:

Champion Fallen Cur: checked the Ancient Path for around 10 rounds, still nothing spawn as 1.0.4. Also still only champion fallen mutt but rare fallen cur in the Storm Hall.

Savage Rockworm/Rockworm/Plague Swarm/Sand Dweller: Yet to be checked

Please share any further information here and thanks for your attention!
Edited by Kuma#3780 on 10/17/2012 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You said it all! I did like 10 runs for Dust Imp and Fallen Cur and found nothig too!

Did 10 runs for the Rockworms and Sand Dweller also, nothing found.
Reply Quote
Dust Imps spawn in The Ruins. I found both a rare and a champion yesterday. Also the rare Armaddon has a chance to spawn in one of the small rooms off the bottom of the Gardens of Hope tier 2(don't remember which one).
Reply Quote
Just found the Rare Armaddon in Sacellum of Virtue (random spawn dungeon off the wouthern edge of Gardens of Hope Tier 2), just as Malocor stated.
Reply Quote
thanks Malocor and Natureswrath, just got these 2 and I'll update the post!
Reply Quote
How many runs before you found the rare mallet lord Kuma? I have been running it for a couple of hours now without anything O.o All the other ones were easy but this one is proving difficult.

Also I did several runs of Storm Halls and Unknown Depths when they spawns the Fallen mobs to see if I could get the Champion Fallen Cur but to no avail.

I couldn't get anything other than Rare Plague Swarms in Cyder's Outpost either and upon finding Plague Swarms in the Fortified Bunker I also ran this several times but found no Champions or Rares.

Champion Subjugators aren't ticking off the list but others have already noted that also.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Natureswrath
How many runs before you found the rare mallet lord Kuma? I have been running it for a couple of hours now without anything O.o All the other ones were easy but this one is proving difficult.

I guess I took less than 10 runs for champion Mallet Lord + rare Mallet lord + champion Armored Destroyer. I've done them all in hardcore, nightmare MP0 if the diffculty matters.

I'll try to find champion plague swarms tomorrow, though they have been suspected not able to be spawn since 1.0.3 patch.
Reply Quote
Might be that it only spawns in HC, I was playing Normal SC MP10. I will go Nightmare SC MP0 and see if I can get it to pop. Are you 100% it was Silver Spire level 1 that you found the Rare Mallet Lord? I have found countless Champion Mallet Lords on Silver Spire Level 2 but still not any Rares.

Also I cleared Desolate Sands a bunch of times and found what appear to be Rare Sand Dwellers with a bunch of Dessicated Imps around them but they don't tick off the box. I know the Blues didn't include the Sand Dwellers on their list but I was hopeful that they would be fixed. Either they are not what they appear to be or they are still bugged.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Natureswrath
Might be that it only spawns in HC, I was playing Normal SC MP10. I will go Nightmare SC MP0 and see if I can get it to pop. Are you 100% it was Silver Spire level 1 that you found the Rare Mallet Lord? I have found countless Champion Mallet Lords on Silver Spire Level 2 but still not any Rares.

I encountered another rare Mallet Lord pack after reading this post on the first run, HC NM MP0. Didn't invite you as I looked into your profile and you don't have a HC character :/
Perhaps it really matters with the mode?

http://i.imgur.com/p6y0b.jpg
Reply Quote
Yeah I am guessing they added it to the HC mob table and left if off the SC mob table. I should really get around to making a HC toon, was trying to finish everything I could off with my first toon but looks like I have pretty much done that now...
Reply Quote
thanks guys!

i found rare dust imp in the ruins level 2 in my first try!

and i found rare armaddon in saccelum of virtue in my 10th run i guess.

no sand dweller or fallen cur?
subjugators still not checking, right?
Edited by Nephrost#1428 on 10/17/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I found a rare skeletal raider in Storm Halls and champion in Unknown Depths.
Edited by Devil#1200 on 10/17/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fantastic info in this thread, thank you.
Reply Quote
thanks guys!

I believe this is right Nephrost. There might be some differences for SC vs. HC but not having a HC toon I can't test these.
Reply Quote
I was playing witch doctor on normal softcore and got both rare and champion mallet lords in act 4. So they're there. Got them the first time I went through too. I got the rare in the area before Izual and the champs after. I wasn't even looking for them as I have to do this in hardcore anyways.
Reply Quote
thanks guys!

I believe this is right Nephrost. There might be some differences for SC vs. HC but not having a HC toon I can't test these.

I can confirm that the Subjugator champion still will not check in HC.

Of the 4 achievements (HC Rares, HC Champs, SC Rares, SC Champs) are ANY of them possible to complete?

HC Rares - Stuff like savage rockworm is still broken?
HC Champs and SC Champs - Subjugator won't check, and you can't get Fallen Cur unless you already got it before 1.0.4
SC Rares - Is this actually possible now?
Reply Quote
SC Rares can't be completed because of the rare Sand Dweller... still not spawning...
Reply Quote
and also Champion Plague Swarm is bugged after 1.03
Reply Quote
Anyone involved in this thread might also want to post in the bug thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934953426

It doesn't hurt to add your voice to the list.
Reply Quote
If you are having trouble with the rare (yellow) mallet lord on Spire 1, just keep trying. It took me 20 runs but he finally spawned. It was very gratifying to check that one off after so many runs.

On the plus side I found a Leoric's Crown (legendary that drops in Act 4 normal, nothing special) and got a unique kill as well (Slarg The Behemoth spawned for me on Spire 1 during one of my many runs).

I think I've completed all of Act 4 until they fix subjugator. Still have to fill in a bunch of other blanks like Dust Imp etc. Thanks again for all the info in this thread.
Edited by Gergall#1917 on 10/18/2012 7:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]