Diablo® III

Does Anyone Know Virgil, In the Cellar...

I guess this is about the storyline.

There is a corpse in the Wortham Church Basement named Virgil. Is he the one that pops out The Splintered Oar when it shows, and moreover, I would have thought him more a farmboy (or epic poet) anyway. If I missed something in dialog, the questions must stand, why name this one body out of so many Slain Villagers.
Reply Quote
The priest says something along the lines of "i left virgil to guard the swordpiece", seeing virgils corpse is supposed to tell you that !@#$'s about to go down :)
Reply Quote
Yeah, I'm a moron. Thanks.
"Read the dialog short-bus" he says to himself.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Since this is a game about Hell and so forth it might also be an oblique reference to Dante's Inferno where the guide for Dante is Virgil.
Reply Quote
03/21/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Rurgar
Since this is a game about Hell and so forth it might also be an oblique reference to Dante's Inferno where the guide for Dante is Virgil.

i immediately thought the same thing, but the reference doesnt seem to have any meaning, so i dont know if there's any depth behind the name
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]