Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

Background:
I'm a programmer have done a lot of Blizzard calculators. I did a CTC and a Haste Breakpoint calculator for WOW and have been working on a DPS/ EHP Calc for D3 that will do both at once and give some nice information breakdowns.

Information:
http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php
This is the link to my Calculator. What is special about this Calculator? It will allow you to type in your name and tag number and load all your characters info. No more inputting each item manually. Once you have uploaded your character you will be presented with multiple breakdowns of your stats including DPS and EHP, and per item breakdowns. Also you will be presented with an input sheet that allows you to input new items. You can insert multiple new items at once and just make sure to click the New checkbox. Once you have done this hit calculate and you can compare and contrast how this new item will affect your overall stats!

FAQ
Why are my stats different than other sites?
This can be multiple reasons. My calculator automatically loads your character with whatever buffs they currently have as skills. However, you can turn these off at the bottom of the page. Also alot of calculators still use the monster level of 60, but with 1.0.5 all monsters in MP1 or greater are level 63. This means that your EHP suffers a little bit because of it.

Why isn't this working for me?
Are you a class other than a wizard? If so I haven't finished all the class passives / talents to make it work for other classes. This can cause problems with anything from duel wielding, to passive modifiers not being added in. It should still work with your other classes, but I can't guarantee that the numbers are accurate.

How can i report a problem?
When you encounter a problem there are some things that you can do to help me identify and fix the problem quickly. First identify what browser you're using (chrome, IE, FF), next detail the steps as if you were explaining it to a 2 year old (explaining it like "I tried it and it's not right" that doesn't help me since i don't know what isn't right). Lastly, be able to answer some questions as I might not understand the problem and may want some help figuring out the problem.

SPECIAL THANKS:
Thanks to Azliet#1154, he's helped a ton with testing and finding bugs I would have never noticed. Helped a ton with getting a quality product out for you guys.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 12/3/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I've actually been using it since I saw you post it in another thread last week.

the one thing I noticed was that the scoundrel and enchantress buff are not taken into account. I clicked on the radio button to select one but it doesn't seem to work once I press the calculate again.

If I could suggest something for a future revision, it would be nice to have simply a second column on each item where we could enter the stats for the item we want to use. Primarily because we might want to see how a combination of 2 different item or more would affect us. Say i'm upgrading my chest piece and I know i'm losing Vit but I have a new shoulder piece with +life and some Vit. being able to put both in at the same time to see what the actual difference is would be fun to have.

Other than that, the colors will be a huge + to quickly see the different items.

Edit: just tried again and it seems you've fix my problem with the followers bonus
Edited by Azliet#1154 on 10/15/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I've actually been using it since I saw you post it in another thread last week.

the one thing I noticed was that the scoundrel and enchantress buff are not taken into account. I clicked on the radio button to select one but it doesn't seem to work once I press the calculate again.

If I could suggest something for a future revision, it would be nice to have simply a second column on each item where we could enter the stats for the item we want to use. Primarily because we might want to see how a combination of 2 different item or more would affect us. Say i'm upgrading my chest piece and I know i'm losing Vit but I have a new shoulder piece with +life and some Vit. being able to put both in at the same time to see what the actual difference is would be fun to have.

Other than that, the colors will be a huge + to quickly see the different items.

Edit: just tried again and it seems you've fix my problem with the followers bonus

Thanks for the comments, yes today i fixed followers, and dmg with elemental weapons with elemental bonuses. I didn't get a chance to add the red/green as it was a cosmetic change and i'm trying to get anything functionally wrong with it fixed first.

As for the extra input for any item, i don't really see a problem with that and the code is easily changed to allow that, the only problem i see is real-estate on a screen. I'm trying to make it viewable by most people but since i run a 2400 resolution, i have no clue how cramped the view is to a regular viewer. I can try and shrink down the input boxes, but not sure how that will affect it.

Comments / Criticism on it being to crowded allready?
Reply Quote
I'm not a programmer, so not sure if this is easy to do or not, but one of the things I like on this other calculator (http://www.bios-gaming.de/d3dps/?) is that it saves my profile. I can close the tab, then later open it, and my numbers will already be there. If it's not too much to ask, could you do the same with yours?

I like the fact that your calculator has the EHP part too, I miss it on that other calculator :(
Reply Quote
Yeah that is definitely something I can add in the future. However, you can also save a direct link to your character. Example:

http://unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php?region=US&name=Decoherence&tag=1249&hero_name=1539953&hero_load=true

Will always load your profile.
Reply Quote
Yeah that is definitely something I can add in the future. However, you can also save a direct link to your character. Example:

http://unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php?region=US&name=Decoherence&tag=1249&hero_name=1539953&hero_load=true

Will always load your profile.

Nice man, that's great :) Thanks!
Reply Quote
Updated: Added colours for positive and negative changes.
Reply Quote
Nice work, load hero is awesome.

You're missing set bonus calcs; eg zunis 2 piece: 130 int
http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php?region=US&name=skyquake&tag=1457&hero_name=822754&hero_load=true

If you add a section where it predicts 1.05 damage (from elemental dmg calc fix) you'll definitely get a lot more users :)
Edited by skyQuake#1457 on 10/15/2012 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice work, load hero is awesome.

You're missing set bonus calcs; eg zunis 2 piece: 130 int
http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool.php?region=US&name=skyquake&tag=1457&hero_name=822754&hero_load=true

If you add a section where it predicts 1.05 damage (from elemental dmg calc fix) you'll definitely get a lot more users :)

I have that change ready to go in tomorrow after patch. Was gonna wait till it went live to add in that since it will change alot of peoples DPS and they may think it was a glitch :P

I have 2pc Tal Rasha's, hadn't added any other sets yet, but good call on the Zuni's i forgot that a lot of people use it.
Reply Quote
If you're using a class that dual wields, how do you put the second weapon?

Edit: oh nvm, I think it's just for wizards for now, right? :)
Edited by Decoherence#1249 on 10/15/2012 5:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you're using a class that dual wields, how do you put the second weapon?

Edit: oh nvm, I think it's just for wizards for now, right? :)

Yup, Talents aren't set up for any other class yes, and Dual wielding weapons isn't set up yet (still trying to figure out that formula).

Should be by this week hopefully. If you notice intermitent problems, it's cause i'm adding sets currently.
Reply Quote
Update:

Added Zuni's legacy
Added Zuni's new
Added Chant's
Added Inna's
Reply Quote
Very impressed Kieble. On my favourites bar.

Is it calculating my Natalya's 7% crit bonus set bonus?
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 10/15/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Very impressed Kieble. On my favourites bar.

Is it calculating my Natalya's 7% crit bonus set bonus?

Just updated to add Nats 2 and 3 set bonuses!

Edit: Looks like set bonuses aren't adding when hitting Calculate, I'll work on that.

Edit 2: Should be working again. Sorry I'm doing my tinkering on live code; trying to get features out as soon as they are requested.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 10/15/2012 7:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Jesus - quick work lol.

Wondering if you can add a subbar for fighting Elites. Eg:

Elite DPS
Elite EHP

I'm sure this will add a fair bit of work lol. Trying to keep you busy and proactive. You'll need to add all items with "Reduced damage from Elites by %" and "Increase damage against Elites by %"
Reply Quote
Jesus - quick work lol.

Wondering if you can add a subbar for fighting Elites. Eg:

Elite DPS
Elite EHP

I'm sure this will add a fair bit of work lol. Trying to keep you busy and proactive. You'll need to add all items with "Reduced damage from Elites by %" and "Increase damage against Elites by %"

Oooo i like that. Since I don't currently pull that information from items, I'll have to add an extra section for all items, so it'll probably take a day or two to do that, but I can work on that. Thanks! Added to to-do list.
Reply Quote
Thanks for this, its in my bookmark now. my suggestion only were:
1. can you move all of those stats below to upper left where you have bigger space?
it will look like a tab when we are in-game pressing I. dont want to scroll down for results.
2. you can minimize the space also of the "DPS and EH Calculation Tool" just to maximize the window.
question, in DPS and EHP Bar, there are "10% Crit Damage" "10Max Damage" "1 Res All ... ...what are those? sorry couldn't understand.
Reply Quote
question, in DPS and EHP Bar, there are "10% Crit Damage" "10Max Damage" "1 Res All ... ...what are those? sorry couldn't understand.

^^^ That means that "1% crit/cd/ais/etc..." will add the amount of dps listed.
Edited by Jobewan#1365 on 10/15/2012 11:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just curious, how many lines of code is it?

I've been programming PHP for 8 years now.

I used to run a site called Halo3Leaderboard.com before I was diagnosed with a few medical conditions that led to me being unable to manage the site for a few months. I came back to a severe DB crash and another site had already taken the same idea and ran with it. :) My site hasn't been up for ages.

I had fun with it and I'd like to do something similar with D3, but sadly, any type of leaderboard would just have people doing stupid stuff just so they would rank high. It wouldn't be a true leaderboard and the top players would just "cheat" to get there. I think sites like this exist now anyways.

A fun one to do if not already done is to make a leaderboard of all the botters. :P Use some calculations to figure out who is botting and rank them by certain stats. Like highest gold collected to time ratio for players.

Why the use of all $_GETs? I would use $_POST data for everything there as I hate seeing all that data in the URL, lol. :) It would just be more work as you would have to set the value= field to each POST value
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]