Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

The enchantress bug is really not a show stopper.

For the numbers, I never had problem reading it without comma or space and I'm used to it either way.

I noticed you removed the item names from the beta version. Was that intentional?

I like the collapsible idea as well. It would make it easier to find things. As for the color, I see nothing wrong with the current color scheme but I could understand people wanting a darker version. Could always put a "skin selection" at the top so people could chose.
Reply Quote
Yeah, I *think* that was what was causing the problem where sometimes a box would be on a row by itself. If the name of an item had to go to a new line, while the others didn't, then the next row of boxes would start a new line right under that item. Really weird formatting issue, but it *seems* (haven't tested it in depth), removing the name fixed it. I think I may add in a new row that spans the whole column with the name so it's still there, but that was just a temporary fix cause it was driving me nuts.

Yeah, color scheming wouldn't be hard to allow people to select skins. Make some pre-determined ones. Not a top priority, but something i'll look at.

I think Collapsing and enchantress will be my main two next things to look at.
Reply Quote
Kieble,

Shouldnt diamond skin option be switch off automatically once I selected diamond skin w crystal shell option?

I think I know what you mean but an option like this would be better:

Diamond skin []
With Crystal Shell []

Cos currrenly it makes me feel like you are calculating 2 diamond skin altogether.

Same with the Frost nova. You cant have both options ticked together.

Dont mean to be nickpicky, just giving feedback ;)

Its a masterpiece to me all the same.

Peace
Edited by Peace#1608 on 11/28/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
Kieble,

Shouldnt diamond skin option be switch off automatically once I selected diamond skin w crystal shell option?

I think I know what you mean but an option like this would be better:

Diamond skin []
With Crystal Shell []

Cos currrenly it makes me feel like you are calculating 2 diamond skin altogether.

Same with the Frost nova. You cant have both options ticked together.

Peace

Ah so you're saying clicking one, will uncheck the other... at least I think. If I got you right, then yeah that makes sense, same with Magic Weapon, etc. since there are multiple choices.

I'm gonna do a big Javascript addition to add this collapsing and i'll add that in too.
Reply Quote
Yes Kieble, same with Frost Nova bro.

Peace
Reply Quote
View profile
Kieble, I would like to report a possible bug. When I try to compare a new Chantodo's force I plan to buy, the calculator doesn't seem to be factoring in the 9% IAS in the DPS calculations.

I made sure to check the "new" button for offhand.

Let me know if I missed something.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Domon, I'm not Kieble but I've been testing his Calc for a while now.

I tried loading in your profile and changing the stats of the off-hand, including the 9%) and didn't get any problems.

The 9% IAS is added to the APS correctly.

Could you try again or give me the exact stats you were trying to use?
Reply Quote
Just finished a large update that should have added in all the toggling. I'm not sure if I love the look of it currently so if there are any recommendations on that aspect they are very welcome.

@DomonKassui
Pretty much what Azliet said, i'll need more information to determine the problem.

One thing it could be is that IAS on the force goes in the "Increased Attack Percent" column. The other one is for dual wielders weapons. I may need to change wording to clarify, but that may have been the problem.
Reply Quote
Just found this tool and have to say I love it. Thank you so much for taking the time to code this.
Reply Quote
Just finished a large update that should have added in all the toggling. I'm not sure if I love the look of it currently so if there are any recommendations on that aspect they are very welcome.

Quick test:

1- I'd rather the box be all open by default and close the ones I don't want to see.
2- The toggle all seems to be simply inverting the states of the boxes. So those that were open becomes close and vice versa. It would be better to have an "expand all / close all" button.
3- Would it be possible to make the lower boxes move up when you close a higher box? For example: I close the box "Helm", the "bracer" box under it moves up. right now the only way to do it is to close all the box in the same row. Probably harder to code since it would mean not having predefined rows.
4- It's not clear what will happen when I click on the "follower + EHP Factor + Set bonuses+" I thought it would open all 3, but it only opens the one you click on which is kinda weird. Same goes for the "buffs + Cast / Proc buffs"
5- Because of the "main hand" box size, the last row is pushed down even further, leaving an empty space between the rows.

I'm not sure either if I like the look. I'll keep playing around with it.
Reply Quote
11/29/2012 07:39 AMPosted by captcpsc
Just found this tool and have to say I love it. Thank you so much for taking the time to code this.

Thanks very much! Any suggestions or ideas please let me know! Always up for customizing to the people who use this!
Reply Quote
Hmm, you must have posted right as I did cause i just saw you post Azliet.

I added in the removing checks for MW / FN / all the others if you click the runed version of it.

Edit: I should probably do this for Set items too.

I'm looking into the toggle doing the opposite instead of doing one or the other now.

I'm thinking make a box at the top that days like :

Display:
Helm [] Gloves [] Etc [] Etc []
Next Item [] Next Item [] Next Item[]

so that all the toggles are together. I think that would make it so when you untoggled one, the rest would slide ove to take it's place. Think that might look better?
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/29/2012 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah I think we did post at the same time.

Would probably make it easier to select which one to toggle on or off for sure.
Reply Quote
Looks like the toggles are working now with the new setup. Looks a lot better this way too I think. Let me know what ya think.
Reply Quote
I agree. The new box makes things way better.

I'd still keep an expand all button just to save clicks when you want to get everything back in view but this is definitely better than it was.
Reply Quote
I agree. The new box makes things way better.

I'd still keep an expand all button just to save clicks when you want to get everything back in view but this is definitely better than it was.

Yeah there is a toggle all button I added to the top of it. If no problems arise it looks like last two thigns on the list are:

Enchantress CD bug.
Add de-select for set items with higher bonus.
Reply Quote
View profile

I tried loading in your profile and changing the stats of the off-hand, including the 9%) and didn't get any problems.

Sorry, my bad. I inputted the 9% IAS under "Attacks per Second".
I should have inputted the 9% into "Bonus Attack Percent" box.

The Bonus Attack Percent box is working.
Reply Quote

Sorry, my bad. I inputted the 9% IAS under "Attacks per Second".
I should have inputted the 9% into "Bonus Attack Percent" box.

The Bonus Attack Percent box is working.

Ah yeah, the wording is weird since it can be used as an off hand item, or an offhand weapon. Things like Echoing fury have added Attacks per second, where as some weapons have added attack percent (like chant's force). I need to rename them to be more clear.
Reply Quote
Kieble - I am really excited to try out your DPS/EHP calculator, but every time I try to load my hero, nothing happens. I am getting "error on page" at the bottom of my browser (IE8). Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Reply Quote
12/01/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Quatch
Kieble - I am really excited to try out your DPS/EHP calculator, but every time I try to load my hero, nothing happens. I am getting "error on page" at the bottom of my browser (IE8). Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Hmm, I have never tested in IE8 as I run on a Mac. Can anyone else who has access to a windows machine see if they are recieving the same error, and / or go into more depth on what the problem is?

On an update note, I've fixed Enchantress bug with CD display. Working on fixing set Items now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]