Reply Quote
Just did some HUGE updates.
  • Added Multiple set bonuses.
  • Moved stats display to top bar
  • Removed Header after initial search
  • Added clarification of rows
  • Added Damage Vs Elites
  • Added Damage Reduc from Elites

• Why the use of all $_GETs? I would use $_POST data for everything there as I hate seeing all that data in the URL, lol. :) It would just be more work as you would have to set the value= field to each POST value

I used GET as it allows people to bookmark their pages so that they don't have to redo all the steps just to bring up their profile. I felt this was easier and made more sense then caching, since people update their items way to constantly to cache properly.

It's multiple thousand lines, HTML included. Some of the fomulas (like DPS) are quite complicated and weighted weirdly.
    Reply Quote
    My EHP of 411k went to -68k against elites :)

Aphraell#1269
    Reply Quote
    My damage is a little different with my profile and where I can put bonus set item like chantodo ?
    Reply Quote
    My EHP of 411k went to -68k against elites :)

Aphraell#1269

Fixed that. I had dmg reduction multiplied by 7 instead of .07 :P
    Reply Quote
    10/16/2012 01:09 PMPosted by einsteinz
    My damage is a little different with my profile and where I can put bonus set item like chantodo ?

Set bonuses are added for Chants. It looks to see if you have X number of set items, and then adds the bonus if you have it.

As for dmg, add your follower, that fixes it. Your profile is with your follower out.
    Edited by Kieble#1634 on 10/16/2012 1:36 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Any other suggestions are welcome, i think i've hitten all functionality additions other than other classes and dual wielding, just want to make sure I've gotten any ideas for additions out of the way before I add that coding in.
    Reply Quote
    thanks again, very useful
    Reply Quote
    10/17/2012 02:37 AMPosted by HuRT
    thanks again, very useful

Thanks! I've just updated for 1.0.5 elemental dmg, so you all using triumvirates should see your shiny new DPS.
    Reply Quote
    Man this rocks, thanks for this. I've been using two different, much less friendly calculators to get the incrementals for dps and ehp for gear purchasing. Have a few questions / problems though, maybe you could help?

1) Under the EHP line top you have "10 Armor (1 Strength), is this a typo, 1 strength is worth 1 armor, so the EHP value underneath this would be what 10 armor or 10 strength would add, or am I missing something?
    2) On the top row starting with Intelligence there is Weapon Min - Max and just Min - Max, what does the Min - Max represent, and where do i see that number on my char / gear..?
    3) My hardcore characters (Kasana) main hand doesn't load properly, if I enter it manualy though I still end up with some dps variation, 18,652 in game, 18,599 on your calculater, my softcore character (Casana) has the same type of variation, 51,846 in game, 51,257 in your calculater. I use a templar so its not the follower, and I have scoured my gear looking for anything that may cause this, can't find it.
    4) For whatever reason, all of the numbers in the items section of your sheet have the bottom edge of the numbers cutoff, like a spreadsheet where the row is to small, but it looks great on my ipad, resolution is set to 1920 by 1080 on the pc, any idea why it looks like this?

Any input for any of the above would rock, thanks again.

Chillyheat #1699
    Reply Quote
    @Chilly

1.) Yup, that's a typo. It's 10armor/10strength. Thanks for catching that.

2.) Min - Max represents your other dmg bonuses. This is the total of your amulets, rings, and OffHand. These items have the ability to roll +min dmg / +max dmg / or X-Xdmg. All of those items added together makes up this field. This is used to calculate items like triumvirate because the elemental part of it multiplies only physical dmg, and these items provide physical dmg.

3.)I'll look into this one and let you know. Sometimes numbers will be off by ~100dps due to the way blizzard rounds their weapons. Sometimes a 1.399999999 Attack Speed weapon becomes 1.4 in their math, and sometimes they floor it making it a 1.39 AS weapon. So far i haven't been able to pinpoint when they round up and when they don't, but if I can it'll be fixed but should only provide a small difference in dps. For your SC charachter, it could be something is a multiplier of your weapon and causing that to discrepency i explained to get bigger, or I have a coding error. Ill do some research on your character and see what I can find and keep you updated.

4.)I'm guessing this is definetely due to resolution and/or browser. However, I can't be sure. Can you provide a SS by any chance of what it looks like and details on browser you are using? I only code usually for FF and chrome due to IE being so behind the time on HTML features, but if it's one of those two, it'll be something i'll look into ASAP. I am manually shrinking the size of the input boxes to reduce room, so it may be as simple as making them a tad bigger and it'll be fixed!

Any other questions feel free to shoot my way, while I look into these! Always up for improvements / enhancements / bug fixes!
    Reply Quote
    You were talking about being worried of the real-estate on the screen.

Maybe if you made the battle tag selection go from left to right instead of top/down, you could put that just over the items boxes and save a huge amount of wasted space on the left of the screen.

That would also allow you to re-center the items boxes to make it easy to read.

My 0.2$. I'll play with it more later to see if I can see something else.

I still think having 2 column for current/new items would be nice but I love what you did so far.

edit: I just noticed, there is a weird mouse over issue in Firefox. When you move the mouse to the gray area that acts as background for the items boxes, the tone of the gray chance to a darker one. Nothing major but it's a but weird.
    Edited by Azliet#1154 on 10/17/2012 9:42 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    @ Azliet

Check her out now. Everything you mentioned other than the 2 columns per item i think has been fixed. Let me know how the new layout looks.
    Reply Quote
    Looks good, I would just reduce the size of the battle tag box once the character is loaded. You really only need 1 line for it and it would reduce the amount of scrolling.

The mouse over problem is fixed as well.
    Reply Quote
    Looks good, I would just reduce the size of the battle tag box once the character is loaded. You really only need 1 line for it and it would reduce the amount of scrolling.

The mouse over problem is fixed as well.

Not sure what you mean. It should all be one line now. If it isn't, try doing a hard refresh as I updated the CSS and sometimes browsers cache the CSS.
    Reply Quote
    hmm, this is what I see

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/dpsehp.jpg/

The gray area for the battle tag takes a few line worth while you only need it to take 1 maybe 2 line. You already separate each section so you don't need to make the gray box that big.
    Edited by Azliet#1154 on 10/17/2012 10:20 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    hmm, this is what I see

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/dpsehp.jpg/

The gray area for the battle tag takes a few line worth while you only need it to take 1 maybe 2 line. You already separate each section so you don't need to make the gray box that big.

Ah, gotcha! Sorry, mis-understood. Should be smaller now :)
    Reply Quote
    Perfect, makes it way easier to look at now :)

I'm a software/website tester IRL so I kinda notice these things lol

Now that you ave all that free space, you could bring the new item, buff and followers boxes to the right side so they are easily accessible.

Since the New item box will be the one being used the most, it should be accessible easily. the other 2 are just to split up the items from the misc stuff.

those are recommendations tho, don't have to do them all. I'm just throwing ideas.
    Reply Quote
    Perfect, makes it way easier to look at now :)

I'm a software/website tester IRL so I kinda notice these things lol

Now that you ave all that free space, you could bring the new item, buff and followers boxes to the right side so they are easily accessible.

Since the New item box will be the one being used the most, it should be accessible easily. the other 2 are just to split up the items from the misc stuff.

those are recommendations tho, don't have to do them all. I'm just throwing ideas.

I'll work on re-arranging some stuff to get that to the top. i'm also looking into your suggestion of adding a new item for each slot. However, currently that's a lot of data to pass back and forth and i need to see if i can minimize that anywhere.

I'll probably work on adding the other classes first to get everything operational unless anyone else has any suggestions that could help!
    Reply Quote
    compress more. fonts are too big, boxes are big also.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]