Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

Think you might have a new problem with the 10% crit damage display

I loaded my character, selected my follower and clicked on calculate (to get an idea of my DPS) and in the "old gear" section for "10% crit damage" I get a value of "229643" when the new gear value is "1879".

I did not change any values so it's an error in the formula or something.
Reply Quote
Naw, it's not an error in the formulas. I'm redoing the UI display as I've had a few complaints about it. It should be up and working again in ~30 minutes but it's displaying values in the wrong tables. I really need to create a test server to work on. Sorry for that.
Reply Quote
Set up a new beta version with some UI changes. Not complete, but check it out if you're bored and let me know any recommendations:

http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/calcTool_new.php
Reply Quote
I like the new stats display. Really makes it easier to look at.
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Azliet
I like the new stats display. Really makes it easier to look at.

Thanks, i'm looking into adding Dmg Reduction %'s for EHP stuff, too, though i hope it doesn't clutter it to much. Any other suggestions are welcome as i'm doing a recoding now so it's easy to redo things.
Reply Quote
I just tried this calculator, and the ehp result is way different from the one on d3up.com -- what is causing the huge difference?
Reply Quote
Would be nice to have a URL shortner on it ;)
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 11:49 AMPosted by jenpeezey
I just tried this calculator, and the ehp result is way different from the one on d3up.com -- what is causing the huge difference?

They are pretty much the same. On d3up if you turn on your energy armor, and check the EHP on the bottom with dodge you're at 359,470 on theirs, and 359,313 on mine. They don't include dodge in their EHP and you have to go look for that specific number. I feel since you always have dodge on, and it's not a buff of any sort, that it should always be part of your EHP so i show it like i do resist or armor.
Reply Quote
10/25/2012 11:59 AMPosted by BZs
Would be nice to have a URL shortner on it ;)

What exactly for the URL shortner? If you're trying to get directly to your toon, wouldn't just setting up a bookmark work, since you're not gonna remember the tinyurl anyways?

I'm not sure what this gains.
Reply Quote
Well again, excellent work here !!! : )

I just wanted to point out though that it seems the "new item" section is not working fine for me. I input a new weapon, switching from a 1H weapon to a 2H weapon and the ATT speed is not correctly taken into account (it's left to the 1H attack speed ). I was just drooling at the beginning (I tested it with a Skorn ;p) and realised it could not be that good ! ; )

Here it is, ty again for this great work ! : )

P.S. this should be set as a sticky in this forum and the others ...
Reply Quote
Well again, excellent work here !!! : )

I just wanted to point out though that it seems the "new item" section is not working fine for me. I input a new weapon, switching from a 1H weapon to a 2H weapon and the ATT speed is not correctly taken into account (it's left to the 1H attack speed ). I was just drooling at the beginning (I tested it with a Skorn ;p) and realised it could not be that good ! ; )

Here it is, ty again for this great work ! : )

P.S. this should be set as a sticky in this forum and the others ...

Sorry, I just saw this post. I'll look into it. Can you post the stats of the 2H you're trying to compare with? As when i try a 2h it picks up the new AS.
Reply Quote
Well actually when I input any new asp for a "new item - 2H weapon", it just keeps the former 1H asp I had ... If I input a new asp for a 1H, it just updates correctly.
Maybe a bug from my web browser ...

Anyway for the rest, it's just working great and I never buy anything using this since the last 3 days ... Ty again. ; )
Reply Quote
Well actually when I input any new asp for a "new item - 2H weapon", it just keeps the former 1H asp I had ... If I input a new asp for a 1H, it just updates correctly.
Maybe a bug from my web browser ...

Anyway for the rest, it's just working great and I never buy anything using this since the last 3 days ... Ty again. ; )

I found the problem, it's on my side and not a browser problem. I have a new version about to be released. You can give me any C/C and test it out with your 2h to see if it works.

http://www.unyieldingvalor.com/D3/beta/calcTool.php

I'll probably spend today and tomorrow testing it and release it friday afternoon. Please report any discrepancies you find.

NOTE* Hellfire rings are not working in the API. Once you load your character input your Rings stats manually and hit calculate and you should get your correct dps then.
Reply Quote
it won't take into account monk's passive, like STI or OWE, right? I only have 440k EHP w/o those 2 =/
Reply Quote
11/01/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Sinobu
it won't take into account monk's passive, like STI or OWE, right? I only have 440k EHP w/o those 2 =/

Yeah, at the top it says it's for Wizards only. I think barbs are covered too, but the only class i'm fully supporting is Wizards right now.

I'd have to research all the abilities for Monk to figure out what to add to them.
Reply Quote
Please test the beta version! want to get a few more inputs in case i'm missing something!
Reply Quote
I noticed a few things in the beta version:

"Stats" section

-The "new Stats" field for Intelligence doesn't change. Basically both "Old" and "New" are the value of "Old". However the total is still right

"DPS Breakdown"

1- Missing the "+10% Crit Damage" row
2- if %Damage against Elite = 0" the returned value for the "New" field on DPS against Elite will be 0. Should be the same as "DPS"
Reply Quote
I noticed a few things in the beta version:

"Stats" section

-The "new Stats" field for Intelligence doesn't change. Basically both "Old" and "New" are the value of "Old". However the total is still right

"DPS Breakdown"

1- Missing the "+10% Crit Damage" row
2- if %Damage against Elite = 0" the returned value for the "New" field on DPS against Elite will be 0. Should be the same as "DPS"

Thank you very much for pointing those out! All of them *should* now be fixed. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Anyone have comments on the new look?
Reply Quote
I personally love it but since I suggested it i'm biased lol

Another minor issue, when you load your character, the "right finger" box is alone on his row and aligned to the right. The "feet", "main hand", "Off hand", "buff" and "Followers" are pushed down to a 3rd row aligned to the left which makes it look weird. However, when you click on the "Calculate" button, everything is displayed fine on 2 rows.

Thats in Firefox. Not sure on other Browser.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]