Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

Allrighty, added Blackthrones 2 and 3 pieces. You should now se the correct values!
Reply Quote
Back from a long WE, looking forward to test the latest version ! : )

EDIT : just tested the accuracy on HP and DPS is extreme this time !! Great !
Edited by Gelador#2933 on 11/6/2012 7:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
BTW Kieble, pressing Enter after entering the Btag info gives an error instead of triggering the "load hero's" button.

Not major, just thought you'd like to know.

I'm sure by now you are getting tired of seeing my name bumping your thread lol
Edited by Azliet#1154 on 11/6/2012 8:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
haha i don't mind the bumps at all! more visibility and more people to help find problems.

What browser are you using? I've disabled enter to submit the form, so it shouldn't be doing anything. It does nothing hitting it in chrome, however i don't use the other browsers so they may be different?
Reply Quote
I'm in Firefox and this is what i'm getting:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://us.battle.net/api/d3/profile/azliet-1154/hero/.json) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/nkinnett/public_html/D3/beta/d3_kieble_connection.php on line 103
Reply Quote
Ah ha!
Enter is triggering the second submit for Firefox, even though it's not displayed. Tricksy firefoxes.

Great Find! Should be all fixed!
Reply Quote
Would it be possible to include a section on EHP regeneration (i.e., LS, LoH, and health regeneration) and mitigation (Diamond Skin)? This is obviously affected by the skills you choose and their relative efficiency and coefficients in terms of LoH and LS, but basically, knowing how much EHP regeneration gives is nice (can weigh the merits of Vigoron and Galvanising Ward), knowing roughly how much EHP you get from your LS by DPS (and a full LoH tick), or even how much EHP a health potion or globe gives you makes itemizing for sustainability miles easier.
Edited by LordTolkien#1449 on 11/6/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
So are you saying like how for me, i have 663 LOH... so

LOH/(armorReduction)*(ResistReduction)
663 / ((1-0.61225997045)*(1-0.55944055944))
=3881.221043

So Every tick of LOH is worth 3881 EHP for me? Is that what you're saying to show?
Reply Quote
This is really nice. Thanks for sharing.

One bug I noticed was when entering weapons with a "Bonus Attack Speed" to compare against, after hitting calculate that form entry resets to blank (just for that row) on the new gear column. I believe it takes the correct value into calculations, but just creates a minor annoyance for comparing multiple items (re-entering the correct bonus attack speed value each new calculation).

As far as feature wish, it would be nice to see a section of the more temporary buffs. Slow Time - Time Warp and Stretch Time, Frost Nova - Bone Chill and Deep Freeze, etc. These could be optional checkboxes in a separate group that are only toggled on by the user rather than activated automatically based on current build (maybe a visual highlight for currently active runes?). Especially with Critical Mass builds, some of these shorter buffs can be almost permanent.
Reply Quote
This calculator takes in to account any skills that add a "passive" dps boost? For instance if I have Energy Armour: Pinpoint Barrier on my skill list it automatically factors in the 5% crit bonus and the associative dps increase?

----
I would also like to see bonuses from Cold Blooded and Conflagration included in the dps calculation or at least a check box to include it since with my specific build I am doing Cold and Fire damage with every attack.

I would also like to see the DPS of using specific skills and associate + bonuses to those skills. For instance I mainly use Spectral Blade which is 165% weapon damage and I have a stat bonus on gear which adds 12% to Spectral Blade.

(Of course its easy to just add these values in manually)
----

Great Calculator!
Edited by GratzDude#1308 on 11/6/2012 10:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is really nice. Thanks for sharing.

One bug I noticed was when entering weapons with a "Bonus Attack Speed" to compare against, after hitting calculate that form entry resets to blank (just for that row) on the new gear column. I believe it takes the correct value into calculations, but just creates a minor annoyance for comparing multiple items (re-entering the correct bonus attack speed value each new calculation).

As far as feature wish, it would be nice to see a section of the more temporary buffs. Slow Time - Time Warp and Stretch Time, Frost Nova - Bone Chill and Deep Freeze, etc. These could be optional checkboxes in a separate group that are only toggled on by the user rather than activated automatically based on current build (maybe a visual highlight for currently active runes?). Especially with Critical Mass builds, some of these shorter buffs can be almost permanent.

Nice find! Fixed that, should be working now.

As for the second part, that is something i had discussed before. I was earlier against it, but now with my recoding, it seems like it would be an easy fix. However, if someone could help me with a list it'd be appreciated.

Diamond Skin - 10853 HP
DS w/ CS - 21707 HP
Frost Nova w/ Deep Freeze - 15% Crit
Frost Nova w/ Bone chill - 15% more damage
Slow time w/ Time Warp - 20% more damage
Slow time w/ Stretch time - 10% IAS

Are there any others that are worth adding?
Reply Quote
very nice. +1
Reply Quote
"+1 Intelligence 361.51"

That doesnt seem right to me? Shouldnt that be +10 Intelligence = 361.51 DPS?
Reply Quote
Cold blooded - 20% more damage (when chilled)
Conflagration - 10% more damage (when ignited)
Blur - reduce 20% melee damage
Galvanized ward - 310 hp/sec

Those are all passives.
Reply Quote
Familiar: Sparkflint = 12% more damage
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 10:50 AMPosted by GratzDude
Familiar: Sparkflint = 12% more damage

This one is already on here. I'll add the rest to the list and work on adding them. Might be tomorrow before I finish them.

As for the +1 int, yes should be plus 10. Fixing that now.

Edit: untill i add LOH/ Life Regen / LS stats to it, i probably won't add Galvanizing.
Edited by Kieble#1634 on 11/6/2012 10:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
Diamond Skin - 10853 HP
DS w/ CS - 21707 HP
Frost Nova w/ Deep Freeze - 15% Crit
Frost Nova w/ Bone chill - 15% more damage
Slow time w/ Time Warp - 20% more damage
Slow time w/ Stretch time - 10% IAS

Are there any others that are worth adding?

Looking through the skill tree the only others I saw you might want to consider adding are

Archon - +40% Armor and Resistances
Archon w/ Improved Archon - 25% more damage

Edit: good call on all those passives.
Edited by BlueOcarina#1474 on 11/6/2012 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
Allright, getting the checkboxes up, Let me know if that looks allright. They don't work yet, just looks wise, does it still look allright.

I decided to leave blur out, as right now I don't do melee only dmg reduction. However, it was something I wanted to add in the future, so I can easily add it once I do that.
Reply Quote
So are you saying like how for me, i have 663 LOH... so

LOH/(armorReduction)*(ResistReduction)
663 / ((1-0.61225997045)*(1-0.55944055944))
=3881.221043

So Every tick of LOH is worth 3881 EHP for me? Is that what you're saying to show?

That's it exactly. Life Regen would be calculated the same, while LS would be DPS*LoH/(armor reduction*resist reduction). Basically, acts a baseline for someone to figure out the relative value of different sustainability stats, modified to fit different builds (obviously, LoH will be way more valuable for WW/CM builds, while LS is much better for Archon builds).

Oh, and I almost forgot. Great Calc man. I use to have a separate DPS spreadsheet, but it's woefully outdated now. This...pretty much will cover everything I can possibly ever need.
Edited by LordTolkien#1449 on 11/6/2012 11:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
That's it exactly. Life Regen would be calculated the same, while LS would be DPS*LoH/(armor reduction*resist reduction). Basically, acts a baseline for someone to figure out the relative value of different sustainability stats, modified to fit different builds (obviously, LoH will be way more valuable for WW/CM builds, while LS is much better for Archon builds).

Oh, and I almost forgot. Great Calc man. I use to have a separate DPS spreadsheet, but it's woefully outdated now. This...pretty much will cover everything I can possibly ever need.

I could definitely do this, however it might have to be in the next version. Currently I don't pull any items LOH, Life Regen, or LS. So i'd have to add new inputs for all those and do whole new calculations. However, I will add it on to the next major update I do after this one. Sorry that I can't get it in this one, but I was wanting to release this one yesterday :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]