Diablo® III

DPS / EHP Calc - V2.1 RELEASED!!!!

View profile
i just found a "fragment if destiny" and i want to compare it to my current wep.... BUT i dont see stuff like "spectral blade damage" or "cold/fire/light" as options
Reply Quote
11/07/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Addicted

Just tested with your user and loaded perfectly, so i'll need more details. What browser, are you clicking load or hitting enter, are you receiving an error popup?

It isn't loading on my work 'puter either. I'm using Chrome, Version 22.0.1229.94 m

Edit: just updated to the current Chrome, no luck

Hmm, this is really strange, i'm having no problems loading yours on the newest version of chrome. Are you getting any error popup, or is it just sitting there? Also have you completely Xed out to make sure it's not caching?

11/07/2012 01:03 PMPosted by SwiftKitten
i just found a "fragment if destiny" and i want to compare it to my current wep.... BUT i dont see stuff like "spectral blade damage" or "cold/fire/light" as options

This doesn't show spell damage, it shows your stat sheet damage. Therefore, those things won't affect this. As for cold/fire/light dmg, those are elemental dmg, just put them there.
Reply Quote
are there any known issues with firefox 16.0.1?

gear comparisons are kind of wonky for me, as in they don't load or show stat changes after i press 'calculate.' (and yes, the 'new' boxes are checked)
Reply Quote
View profile
hey kieble thanks for the clarification, pretty nifty tool
Reply Quote
Great tool Kieble!!

Would it be possible to add individualized DPS and EHP numbers for each of the gear items? That way, it'll be easier to tell which gear we need to upgrade to improve EHP or DPS.

Also, deselecting the Energy Armor Prismatic Armor drops my dodge instead of Resist All (using Firefox). I'm looking to see what removing prismatic armor would do to my EHP.
Edited by Skyler#1635 on 11/7/2012 1:51 PM PST
Reply Quote

Hmm, this is really strange, i'm having no problems loading yours on the newest version of chrome. Are you getting any error popup, or is it just sitting there? Also have you completely Xed out to make sure it's not caching?

I closed both the window and the program, neither worked. The EHP window will just sit there, nothing shows but the blank boxes.

Again, only on my work computer :(
Reply Quote
Hmm strange that your work computer doesn't work. Maybe they have javascript turned off?

@Skyler - I'll take a look at prismatic armor, definitely shouldn't be doing that.

@Makister - Can you please detail on what's wonky about it? Like are certain stats not being used? etc. Any details you can provide, or even screen shots would be great just so i can narrow down any problems.
Reply Quote
Dodge should be fixed, still not sure what the problem is with Makister or Addicted's work computer.
Reply Quote
Well, Prismatic Armor no longer links to dodging... but is now linked to "main hand speed", "attacks per second" and "total plus min/max".

I now lose 83k DPS for turning on prismatic armor o.0
Reply Quote
Well, Prismatic Armor no longer links to dodging... but is now linked to "main hand speed", "attacks per second" and "total plus min/max".

I now lose 83k DPS for turning on prismatic armor o.0

haha, i'm doing some updates right now. I'm sorry, I thought i could get it fixed in like 2 seconds but it's taking me a bit longer. Sorry again.
Reply Quote
Awesome. I'll keep picking at your tool and try to find the broken parts.

I'll wait a bit so your updates get implemented.
Edited by Skyler#1635 on 11/8/2012 8:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think I got everything back to normal for non-duel wielding classes.
Reply Quote
Prismatic armor now updates AR.

The old stats do not save. The old stats is the same as the new stats so there is no comparison.
Reply Quote
Actually all the buffs work that way.

I never paid attention to that and always did the difference in my head but I can see how it would be good to have the numbers saved from the old value.
Reply Quote
Yeah, all the buffs are meant to do that. This is more of supposed to be a gear comparison tool instead of a talent comparison.

I guess I could have all buffs turned off when you load a character, then show the DPS upgrade from when they add them. The only problem I saw with that, is say you want to see what you look like buffed with a current item, and buffed with a new item. That would be impossible.
Reply Quote
Prismatic armor now updates AR.

The old stats do not save. The old stats is the same as the new stats so there is no comparison.

The old stats save, the tool is for comparing gear, not talents.
Reply Quote
Ok, gotcha.

What about adding additional details for each items to identify how much DPS and EHP each item contributes? I figure it should be a simple add on since you have a lot of the info captured in the DPS and EHP breakdown section.

For example, my cheapo lacuni bracers add 89 int, 9ias, 233 armor, 64 AR.

Individual item EHP breakdown:
89 int * 1/10 * 453.29 [in the DPS breakdown section, +1 int value] = 4,034.28
9 ias * 924.42 =8,319.78

Total DPS contribution from this item is 12,354.06

Individual item EHP breakdown:
89 int * 26.9 [in the EHP breakdown section, +1 int value] = 2,394.1
233 armor * 1/10 * 371.51 = 8,656.18
64 AR * 269.05 = 17,219.2

Total EHP contribution from this item is 28,269.48

With these individual item DPS/EHP numbers, I can tell which item I need to replace to best maximize an EHP or DPS boost. That would make your gear comparison tool so much better.

EDIT: I zeroed out my bracers and my overall DPS dropped 12,068 and EHP dropped 27,570, which is not too far off from the numbers quoted above.
Edited by Skyler#1635 on 11/8/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
This is something I have thought about adding, though it's not as simple as you have said. Doing that shows the DPS contribution at the current levels, but since without that item those weights won't actually be what they are. For example, check your bracers and hit calculate without actually putting anything in. It actually is a 12,068 DPS loss, because the weights lower as each point lowers.

So I could do that and get an estimate, but it wouldn't be actually correct. The only way I have thought of doing it so far, is redoing the full calculation with all items but one, and repeating this for every slot. That wouldn't be so bad, except the way I coded everything I do:

Total of INT = (helm+boots+etc. etc.)
DPS = Int *blah * blah

So instead of Just doing a new DPS calculation without boots, i'd have to redo every calculation i do for every stat without pants, without boots, without gloves, etc.

This is not the most efficient way of doing it probably, but untill I can think of a better way of doing it, I'm not going to be able to do this I don't think.
Reply Quote
Hey look! A worse version of d3up.com
Reply Quote
Right, I agree it won't be the most accurate. It would be based off the current levels and there is gonna be some minor differences. It would only be an estimate, which should be good enough. It probably won't make a whole lot of sense to recode everything for that added accuracy. Up to you. Great job on the tool nonetheless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]