Diablo® III

Is Budget WW Barb viable in 1.0.5? 20mil max

My barb is almost lvl 60 and I want to know if I'll be successful as a WW Barb with a relatively low budget. I won't be trying to farm high mlvls, but I'd like to be able to clear inferno and farm the lower mlvls.

With the new patch, what gear should I be looking for?
Is it worth it to use a mighty weapon over an axe/mace now?
What are the min/recommended stats I should shoot for?
Reply Quote
i farm mp5 in ptr with my barb, cost me around 14m TOTAL!
Reply Quote
Of course is viable. 20 mil is not much but it will get you going in the low MP levels because serviceable gear is very cheap. From your perspective as an economy barb at low MP levels, the game doesn't change much in 1.0.5. The strength of your build depends more on your auction house prowess than anything else. You should spend a few hours looking through items for all slots in the AH. Get a sense of what you can afford within your budget. When you buy stuff, you are either looking for under-priced items at 1h12 or 1h11 time remaining, or you are looking to make a winning bid on an item that is about to expire.

Armor should have as much STR/VIT/AR as you can get within the budget. If you make the most of your budget, you will have enough total STR/VIT/AR with 20 mil. Main hand should be axe or mace, not mighty weapon. Off hand should have more than 1.3 attack speed and give you good stats, like STR and crit damage and socket. Gloves, rings, amulet should give you crit chance and attack speed and STR. Good rings and amulets are going to get cheaper and cheaper in the next couple weeks, so it's okay to cheap out and see what you can get later this month.

Your biggest challenge will be sustaining your health. Life on hit still works okay as long as you have fairly high attack speed. Life steal will be useless unless you somehow get 75k DPS or more. Life regen is good, +health from globes along with +pickup radius is also good.

In general, if you can afford all resist on an item, get it. If you can't, physical resist or fire resist or +armor are second best. You can't have too much attack speed and you can't have too much crit chance.

Edit: copy the guy who posted above me. Very good example of budget WW. But do not buy a helm like that... it's really bad because of the high +fire dmg taken. Get lower +fire dmg or get something else.
Edited by VeePow#1555 on 10/16/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Of course is viable. 20 mil is not much but it will get you going in the low MP levels because serviceable gear is very cheap. From your perspective as an economy barb at low MP levels, the game doesn't change much in 1.0.5. The strength of your build depends more on your auction house prowess than anything else. You should spend a few hours looking through items for all slots in the AH. Get a sense of what you can afford within your budget. When you buy stuff, you are either looking for under-priced items at 1h12 or 1h11 time remaining, or you are looking to make a winning bid on an item that is about to expire.

Armor should have as much STR/VIT/AR as you can get within the budget. If you make the most of your budget, you will have enough total STR/VIT/AR with 20 mil. Main hand should be axe or mace, not mighty weapon. Off hand should have more than 1.3 attack speed and give you good stats, like STR and crit damage and socket. Gloves, rings, amulet should give you crit chance and attack speed and STR. Good rings and amulets are going to get cheaper and cheaper in the next couple weeks, so it's okay to cheap out and see what you can get later this month.

Your biggest challenge will be sustaining your health. Life on hit still works okay as long as you have fairly high attack speed. Life steal will be useless unless you somehow get 75k DPS or more. Life regen is good, +health from globes along with +pickup radius is also good.

In general, if you can afford all resist on an item, get it. If you can't, physical resist or fire resist or +armor are second best. You can't have too much attack speed and you can't have too much crit chance.

Thanks for the info. I've noticed that lately people are stressing IAS a lot. How important is it? Also how much crit dmg should I go for?
Reply Quote
Rings should have 3-4 CC and 6-9% IAS. Gloves should have 7+ CC and 6-9% IAS. Amulet should have 6+ CC and 45+ CD. Helm and bracers should have 3+ CC.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 01:09 PMPosted by VeePow
Rings should have 3-4 CC and 6-9% IAS. Gloves should have 7+ CC and 6-9% IAS. Amulet should have 6+ CC and 45+ CD. Helm and bracers should have 3+ CC.

What DPS should I go for on my main hand? How much of my budget should go towards weps?
Reply Quote
View profile
Good advice, but I would caution against trying to max str/vit/AR on every armor piece. While not a super low budget, 20mil will make it difficult to improve on some relatively budget pieces like high vit/AR/socket pants and chest. Unless you can find pieces with both high str/vit/ar and no sockets, I would try to just put high vit on them and get sockets.

I built a 2mil set with low dps but 1400LOH and did fine on MP1. I think relatively high amounts of LOH with some IAS mixed in will be good enough provided your defensive stats are ok.

I prefer to spend the majority of a budget on armor/jewelry and less than 10% on BOTH weapons. You can get adequate weapons for 500k each. 950kdps axe with 100str+ and socket.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]