Diablo® III

Letting go of STI?

I've been playing around with a lot of different things, but can't really decide that STI is worth giving up 3000 armor is just too little mitigation esp on higher MPs. Replacement suggestions would be nice.
Edited by MrPink#1600 on 10/17/2012 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
3000 armor from STI? i probably read your post wrong... care to clarify?
Reply Quote
Yeah he's saying he has 3000 armor if he doesn't use STI
Reply Quote
Hey there, it's time for you to change STI to resolve, the math's been done and resolve will provide better protection than the gimped STI (even though it's pretty !@#$ing lame to go from 7k armor to 4k armor).

Have fun!
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 10/17/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fuzzy, can we see this math that's been done please?
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Stealthyzero

It's on a thread somewhere in the forums, had a lot of views.. should be able to find it. I know what i read though, unless you have an absurd (2500++) amount of DEX to feed STI with, the damage reduction from resolve will yield better results.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 07:46 AMPosted by FuzzyWuzzy

It's on a thread somewhere in the forums, had a lot of views.. should be able to find it. I know what i read though, unless you have an absurd (2500++) amount of DEX to feed STI with, the damage reduction from resolve will yield better results.

So OwE and resolve, what is the third passive recommended?
Reply Quote
I use transcendance because i'm a 100% LPSS monk but people have been using exalted soul and guardian's path. Beacon of Ytar is nice too if you're alrdy set up for sustainability, the cooldown reduction will let you kill things faster.
Reply Quote
Could you possibly take a peek at my build and suggest which would be more useful?!?

if so much appreciated homie
Reply Quote
Could you possibly take a peek at my build and suggest which would be more useful?!?

You got a nice standard set up really. If anything i'd tell you to find a place to fit Seven sided strike in there, the skill is basically the best thing we have since they buffed it, i've been using it to take down elite packs in one cast.
Reply Quote

You got a nice standard set up really. If anything i'd tell you to find a place to fit Seven sided strike in there, the skill is basically the best thing we have since they buffed it, i've been using it to take down elite packs in one cast.

oh wow i didnt even think of going back to seven sided strike , tht causes survivability to sense i dont take damage while doing it. u think good instead of blinding light?!?
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Sorak
Yeah he's saying he has 3000 armor if he doesn't use STI

oh thats low... time for some +armor gear i guess..
Reply Quote
Yeh man if it was me i'd swap blinding light for SSS.
Reply Quote

Seven sided strike - sudden assault??! instead of blinding flash? or what rune ne1 suggestion suggestions?!?
Reply Quote
Depends what you do with it, Fulminating Onslaught rune is the best for clearing big packs (hordes or huge white mob packs) while Sudden Assault is the best rune for on-target DPS.
Edited by FuzzyWuzzy#1793 on 10/17/2012 8:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@StRyKeR

SSS is based off of MH weapon damage, meaning a 2h monk deals much more damage than a 1h monk with the skill. Think Wave of Light. If anything, you should run the SSS with the reduced cooldown. It still hits hard, but this is basically a 2nd serenity. You don't need to go FA rune for the damage.

I would tell you to drop BoH. BoH is nice - 15% dmg, but the heal is garbage, let's face it. Blinding Flash on the other hand just got buffed in 1.0.5 with the CC changes, it is very noticable how much longer CC lasts now. Plus its a 30% damage buff, since SW locks in your total DPS when cast, of the two - BoH and BF-FitL - 15 v 30, you get a better SW damage with BF FitL than BoH BW.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:14 AMPosted by FuzzyWuzzy
Depends what you do with it, Fulminating Onslaught rune is the best for clearing big packs (hordes or huge white mob packs) while Sudden Assault is the best rune for on-target DPS.

appreciate you taking your time answering my questions and helping. Much respect!
Reply Quote
Pacifism bud. You will then be hoping to get frozen, jailed, feared, stunned, because then you take 75% less damage when controlled.

Got 2 outta 3 keys last night and the infernal machine plan. 3 outta 4 aint bad on mp6. Act 3 guy is a beetch. Let the bodies hit the floor
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 07:53 AMPosted by StRyKeR
So OwE and resolve, what is the third passive recommended?

Pacifism bud. You will then be hoping to get frozen, jailed, feared, stunned, because then you take 75% less damage when controlled.

Got 2 outta 3 keys last night and the infernal machine plan. 3 outta 4 aint bad on mp6. Act 3 guy is a beetch. Let the bodies hit the floor

Edit: sorry for double post. Oh yeah in the 4 hours of stacking to 5 in each act and then going for the warden i got 5 legendaries. Not the best in the world but at least some progress on drops. Overall very fun play session last night. And rings with crit chance of 6 max and amulets of 10 on ah already.
Edited by Enix55#1522 on 10/17/2012 8:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]