Diablo® III

Staff of Herding Plan

This item cannot be dropped sold or used if you accidently pick it up. Wayste of bag space.
Reply Quote
same here....only happen if you already learned the plan....
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Hi guys,

We changed this in the 1.0.3 patch because a lot of players were accidentally dropping these items. Now that these items are no longer white items and have specific colors, the developers want to revisit this.

The current workaround is to put the item in your stash, make a new character, have the new character get the item from your stash, and then delete the item. That will at least let you get rid of the extra items you have.
Reply Quote
What is the current workaround if you happen to have no more free hero slots? Do I have to delete a Level 30+ character just to get rid of the plans wasting space in my stash?
Reply Quote
lol damn, i just picked one up.... :( least i have slots open.

just make it sellable or infintely trainable. i know ill pick it up again. if i hear the drop noise play, my mouse finger gets excited!
Reply Quote
This way is not a good solution. There has to be a way to sell or throw away.
That can not be the finally solution. Not professional.
Reply Quote
This is a pretty annoying bug please fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
This way is not a good solution. There has to be a way to sell or throw away.
That can not be the finally solution. Not professional.

What part of
10/17/2012 10:19 AMPosted by Vasadan
the developers want to revisit this.
makes you think that they intend for the listed workaround to be the "finally solution"?

They're working on it.
Reply Quote
I just ran into this bug today.

I am attempting to complete all of the achievements and that requires 10 characters to reach level 60. It's not just that it would be a hardship to delete one character and lose all the time spent leveling it, it is that this does not fix the problem. I would need to delete that character again and again. It is not reasonable to ask that I level nine characters to level 60, then delete one while I level the last one...just...to...drop...a...plan.

Please make the plan sellable in the AH. That is a workaround that I can live with. Also make it stackable (if it is not already). I can live with losing one of my 50 'completed' slots if it's just one stack. You can make the item auto cancel if you really don't want people buying those plans.

And to address the 'it's only one inventory space' responce. Leveling two characters of each class takes a lot of gear. I don't have enough room as it is. If I start lossing space to dead items that cannot be dropped it means that I have to lose gear that I know that I will need later.

PLEASE do not make the blacksmith eat plans that you already have trained. I use the feature that you can't train a plan twice as a way to quickly determine if I already have a plan.
Reply Quote
Add a +1 for another experiencing this bug
Reply Quote
Add another +1 for one experiencing this bug.
Reply Quote
i'm stuck with 2 of these f me lol
Reply Quote
This should be fixed - accidental pick up and don't allow drop. I don't have a spare character to pick up the item and delete!
Reply Quote
Damn. This is a serious bug. I want to throw it away!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Seriously, you make it permanent so players won't *accidentally* throw it away. Why not just put a "are you sure" dialog box up when you throw it out, or make it 0% chance to drop if you've already learned it, or just make it so the blacksmith can relearn just this one plan. This is a ridiculous bug. Any programmer worth a damn would have come up with a half dozen better solutions than "make it impossible to get rid of".
Edited by Gorrific#1902 on 10/28/2012 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Seriously?

14 days and no fix for ppl with 10 chars?!?

...no further comment...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
It won't be fixed until the next client patch. They may have fixed it internally, but it's not serious enough to push a patch through the whole release-to-public process. You're welcome to argue that they should change their patch scheduling process (and I'm sure you'll hear arguments against it as well as for it), but you should do it in the general forums, and not here.
Reply Quote
Add a +1 for another experiencing this bug
Reply Quote
Its not a bug if its designed that way. Its just not ideal.
Reply Quote
I do make a new character, have the new character get the item from the stash, but how to delete it? I still can't drop it? And also can't let the blacksmith learn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]