Diablo® III

Can't find cellar to use infernal Machine?

The blue post said it was in New Trist behind the healer but there is nothing there for me. Anyone else have this problem? Or maybe I am missing something?
Reply Quote
Choose Return To New Tristram Quest AKA After Butcher death.
Edited by KevinD#6394 on 10/16/2012 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Community Manager
You'll gain access to the Heretic's Abode in New Tristram when you're on the quest "Act I – Return to Tristram." Also, you will need to smash the door open since some townspeople have boarded it up.
Reply Quote
Highly recommend you do this with other people who each have the infernal machine,
as its random which portal will spawn.If you have 3 people and each has the machine.
you get all portals.
Reply Quote
Sometimes we can kick in a door and sometimes we need Leah to unlock a paper thin transparent gate to progress.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 06:35 AMPosted by mooplet
Sometimes we can kick in a door and sometimes we need Leah to unlock a paper thin transparent gate to progress.

Laughs. Always thought this was hysterical too!
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 06:35 AMPosted by mooplet
Don't forget that it's secured with a comically over-sized padlock complete with old-timey keyhole.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/17/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Garthandal
I heard it was one portal per game?

1 portal per device, 3 portals per game session (so you'll be able to hit each of the three Realms of Evil).
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Lylirra
I heard it was one portal per game?

1 portal per device, 3 portals per game session (so you'll be able to hit each of the three Realms of Evil).

are you saying we're guaranteed to have all 3 different realms if we open them in same game?
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:52 AMPosted by zhenmaster

are you saying we're guaranteed to have all 3 different realms if we open them in same game?

Do you need some one to draw you a diagram?
Reply Quote

Yes. You can only have 1 of each portal in a game so if you open 3 portals, you will have 3 different portals.
Reply Quote
I dont know much about the infernal machine, but do you need a set of three keys for each portal you open?

3 portals = 9 keys, 3 from each warden?
Reply Quote
I dont know much about the infernal machine, but do you need a set of three keys for each portal you open?

3 portals = 9 keys, 3 from each warden?

You need one plan, and then a set of 3 keys for each portal, with 3 portals, 3*3= 9 total keys. Three of each kind.
Reply Quote

]

yes i believe so. the streams i have seen with players doing the infernal machine events wokr this way. if you leave the game and open the portal, it can be any of the random 3. however if you stay in the game and 3 players open a portal seperately 1 at a time, all 3 portals open so you should get a chance to get all 3 parts depending on your MP level
Reply Quote
Community Manager
10/17/2012 11:50 AMPosted by OrangeCrushr
You need one plan, and then a set of 3 keys for each portal, with 3 portals, 3*3= 9 total keys. Three of each kind.

Correct!

You'll only need to acquire the Blacksmithing Plans once, but you'll need to collect 3 keys each time you wish to craft the Infernal Machine device (crafting the device consumes the keys as part of the process). So, if you want to open up three portals, you'll need to gather up 9 keys: 3 Keys of Destruction, 3 Keys of Hate, and 3 Keys of Terror.
Reply Quote
@Lylirra

If you are in a party and the portal device isn't yours, is there still a chance of getting a organ piece drop if you defeat the boss?

From a few runs last night, it seemed only the player who opened the portal ever got a organ piece drop.
Reply Quote
@MisurA

No not just the creator of the portal can get the organ piece. I recently played a game with 2 of my friends and I was the one that opened the portal and all 3 of us got the piece. It's just luck of the draw because the next portal that one of my friends opened, neither him or I got the key but the third person got it.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info!

Do keys drop in lower difficulties? Anything besides Inferno?

I realize its called the infernal machine, but hey, it's worth asking i guess.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 02:43 PMPosted by MisurA
If you are in a party and the portal device isn't yours, is there still a chance of getting a organ piece drop if you defeat the boss?

No. It is not required that you open the portal to have the chance for body part drop. Just killed SB and ZK on MP4, and I was the only one from a party of three to get the body part Vengeful Eye. And I didnt open the portal (so far I found only the plan and 1 key), one of my party members did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]