Diablo® III

Champs/Rares Achievement post 1.0.5

I can't definitely say the following champs/rares are bugged (not possible to spawn), but have issues with many other players as well.

*** Rare Rockworm, Champion/Rare Savage Rockworm ***
related achievement: Trophy Hunting/We are the Champions
They are not included in the softcore achievements "A Rare Phenomenon" and "Champion's Collection". Never heard or seen anybody have found them nor checked in their achievement lists.

*** Rare Sand Dweller ***
related achievement: A Rare Phenomenon
Interestingly, it is not included in the hardcore achievements oppose to the worms. The following is described by another player:

10/17/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Natureswrath
Also I cleared Desolate Sands a bunch of times and found what appear to be Rare Sand Dwellers with a bunch of Dessicated Imps around them but they don't tick off the box. I know the Blues didn't include the Sand Dwellers on their list but I was hopeful that they would be fixed. Either they are not what they appear to be or they are still bugged.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6893570715

*** Champion Fallen Cur ***
related achievement: We are the Champions/Champion's Collection
A blue post has mentioned Blizzard is working on it. Champion Fallen Curs did spawn in the Ancient Path, but is gone with the Treasure Goblin nerf since 1.0.4.

*** Champion Plague Swarm ***
It is suspected not able to spawn since the 1.0.3 patch.

*** Champion Subjucator ***
Should have been reported by many, but it is still able to spawn but not able to be checked in 1.0.5.
Edited by Kuma#3780 on 10/17/2012 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My list is the same as Kuma's.
Never found any of these.

And the Subjugators champions are not checking yet indeed!
Edited by Nephrost#1428 on 10/17/2012 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just wanted to make a thread about it.

Rare Savage Rockworm
Rare Rockworm
Rare Sand Dweller

Champion Fallen Cur
Champion Plague Swarm
Champion Savage Rockworm

Are the ones which still cannot spawn.

Also Subjugator Champs Spawn, but are not checking.

Can we please hotfix this ASAP?
Reply Quote
Great info, thanks for compiling this list.
Reply Quote
Any blueposts? =P
Reply Quote
no blue posts for you.
I predict this won't be fixed for years to come. ;(
The bigger the game and the company the longer it takes to fix smallest things, sad but true.
Reply Quote
•The following monster types can now spawn as Rares and Champions, allowing certain achievements to be completed:
•Mallet Lord
•Skeletal Sentry
•Skeletal Raider
•Skeletal Marauder
•Armaddon
•Armored Destroyer
•Subjugator
•Dust Imp

If we haven't missed any secret/very rare setting, the 1.0.5 patch note is misleading. No additional achievement could be completed.
Reply Quote
many of these are bugged

the rockworms weren't even included in the 1.05 patch notes

and btw, on the ptr iirc i was able to get a check mark for a champion pack of subjugator, but for some reason it's still broken on the live server
Reply Quote
My list is identical to Kuma's. Here's a briefer summary:

Champion Savage Rockworm - Doesn't spawn at all
Champion Plague Swarm - Used to spawn in earlier patches, now does not spawn at all
Champion Fallen Cur - Used to spawn in earlier patches, now does not spawn at all
Champion Subjugator - Spawns frequently on Garden Tier 1 but does not give credit

Rare Rockworm - Doesn't spawn at all
Rare Savage Rockworm - Doesn't spawn at all
Rare Sand Dweller - Impossible for players to tell which issue is occurring. Either it does not spawn at all, or it spawns and does not give credit. Players aren't be sure because the minions do not match the monster so there is no way to tell.

One more minor bug: Rare Colossal Golger in Core Of Arreat does not give credit, but the workaround is to simply kill him in Stonefort instead, where he does give credit.
Reply Quote
Can confirm Rare Colossal Golgor in Arreat Core bug; glad there's a word around.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Push!
Reply Quote
Finally a blue post on this thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934195637

but the known issues list is still not updated :((
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Rare Sand Dweller - Impossible for players to tell which issue is occurring. Either it does not spawn at all, or it spawns and does not give credit. Players aren't be sure because the minions do not match the monster so there is no way to tell.

It does NOT spawn at all. The one that spawns looks like sand dwellers (because the mobs that normally spawn are common sand dwellers) But the rare looking guys are actually Ancient Walkers.

I noticed that at the time I killed it. Sand Dweller rares were not checked off but the ancient walker was checked off instead.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Finally a blue post on this thread:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6934195637

but the known issues list is still not updated :((

It's just a blue posting about do not type in caps. and locked the thread.

They did not respond to the actual topic or subject matter.

I doubt they even read the thread just ignored it because it was caps. Typical really.

You literally have to insult them before they really even read it.

Saying things like "Blizzard Can't Count" in the subject line provoked their attention. As the case when I posted a while back about how they can't count on the achievement associated to crafting. It asked for 15 when there were only 14 things listed. I was the only calling it out. And it somehow made news and was acknowledged as known bug. Embarassment I believe gets attention.

It's rather embarassing that this bug still exist. It's been months and months and patches after patches since the game released and yet they haven't fixed these bugs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I think was really disappointing is they claimed they fixed it in the latest patch 1.0.5 yet NOBODY in Q/A or the developers/coders bothered to test and verify that the achievement got a check off.
Reply Quote
I spent much extra time to complete "the one percent" achievement before 1.0.5, hoping to get full achievements in 1.0.5 as soon as possible. Now we could achieve none out of the 4 bugged ones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
10/23/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Kuma
I spent much extra time to complete "the one percent" achievement before 1.0.5, hoping to get full achievements in 1.0.5 as soon as possible. Now we could achieve none out of the 4 bugged ones.

Wow you only have 4 achievements left?
Reply Quote
10/23/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Morluck
Wow you only have 4 achievements left?

Yes 4520 achievement points here. Hope they'd notice there are couple of players waiting for "completing" the game :/
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]