Diablo® III

(Help)Asia server update problem

Hello from Shanghai,

i play diablo with a Retina Macbook on asia server, my location is shanghai,

since the taiwan version does not support Mac, i have to DL my game from battle.net. enUS version i believe.

The problem is that every time the game getting a new patch (like the 1.05) i am patched almost two days ahead of asia players(ppl using pc play in korean and taiwan etc)and getting the "infinite loop"

Is there a way to stop this madness? so i can sync my update from asia server somehow?
every patch i gotta wait for 2days to play is pretty lame...

Could appreciate solutions guys!!!!
Edited by SwissBear#1404 on 10/17/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is something that happens as a side effect of using another region's client to play the game. Mac is only supported in North America and Europe regions for English/French and German.

There are some user based solutions you can try, but none of these are supported by Blizzard: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6080198209

If something goes wrong, you may have to reinstall the game.
Reply Quote
I'm having the same issue, I'm in australia and play on the Asia server but my default is the Americas, yesterday it automatically updated my patch but because Asia hasn't been patched yet it's now a waiting game. When they eventually get around to us we can play again, it's been over 24 hours so far and still no sign of the patch, my friends who I play with changed their settings to default only to the Asia server where I never did, as a result they are still playing no problems.... but only in patch 1.04 still

Hope that helps
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Asia servers should be updating soon.

This is something that isn't a technical bug or issue, just a limitation on the patching service. This is always being evaluated to see what improvements can be made.

Any feedback you wish to provide about this would be best suited for the General forums.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]