Diablo® III

Why is drop rate independent of Act in 1.05?

I'm sure someone knows a reference or a dev post explaining this.

I guess another way of asking this is, why would I ever leave Act 1 Inferno if I just wanted to farm (I mean, other than for strategic reasons)?
Reply Quote
Because I'm getting a little tired of farming A3 all the time right now? Equal drop rates will provide much needed flexibility.
Reply Quote
Mob density.
Strength/weakness in monster attack in different acts
Whichever act you find the most fun
Allows you to do different achievement while also farming
Reply Quote
A1 will get a relatively larger difficulty increase than the other acts, since the monsters are buffed from level 61 to 63. Though they will still be easier, since they have simpler mechanics.

I'll probably switch between acts to negate the boredom of doing the same area over and over.
Edited by Josef#1907 on 10/15/2012 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/239874-monster-power-more-guts-more-glory/

Its when you enable Monster Power...I swear people have lost the ability to read
Reply Quote
@OP

I get what you're saying as I plan on farming A1 heavily myself with the new patch. But to answer your question, it will be nice to have a level playing field where you can switch acts and the drops will have the same chances of being garbage or godly as all the monsters are LVL 63 (with a minimum setting of MP1). I enjoy A3, but right now it's the only place to farm efficiently for the best gear. Patch 1.0.5 will change that.
Reply Quote
have you tried it though on ptr patch 1.05 drops arent the same not even close 2-5 level 63 drop in whole act1 including blues didnt pick up whites.

Act 3 drops twice as many if not more(all crap still) doesnt make any sense atm thats at mp5 too.

As far as i can tell the mobs in act 1 at mp5 do not drop same amount of level 63 as in act 3 on the PTR 1.05, in fact act 3 drops far less ilevel 63 than what we get now in patch 1.04.
Blizzard are pulling a fast one here i think drops are about half what they are now of il63.

in fact on the blue posts on website (http://www.diablofans.com/news/1378-monster-power-more-guts-more-glory/) it states drops will be 8% in all acts and tries to say thats same as now which it isnt its meant to be 16% il63 drops atm so whats going on.

Act1 isnt dropping same amount of il63 as act3 on the PTR patch 1.05,
Act3 is only dropping about half of the il63 that we now get in patch 1.04,

So whats really going on all i can see is double mf at mp10 but half drop rates for all atm thats a con if drop rate really will be 8% across the board(which isnt even working atm as act1 drops far lessit seems).
Edited by Psychotic#2636 on 10/15/2012 10:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
have you tried it though on ptr patch 1.05 drops arent the same not even close 2-5 level 63 drop in whole act1 including blues didnt pick up whites.

Act 3 drops twice as many if not more(all crap still) doesnt make any sense atm thats at mp5 too.

As far as i can tell the mobs in act 1 at mp5 do not drop same amount of level 63 as in act 3 on the PTR 1.05, in fact act 3 drops far less ilevel 63 than what we get now in patch 1.04.
Blizzard are pulling a fast one here i think drops are about half what they are now of il63.

in fact on the blue posts on website (http://www.diablofans.com/news/1378-monster-power-more-guts-more-glory/) it states drops will be 8% in all acts and tries to say thats same as now which it isnt its meant to be 16% il63 drops atm so whats going on.

Act1 isnt dropping same amount of il63 as act3 on the PTR patch 1.05,
Act3 is only dropping about half of the il63 that we now get in patch 1.04,

So whats really going on all i can see is double mf at mp10 but half drop rates for all atm thats a con if drop rate really will be 8% across the board(which isnt even working atm as act1 drops far lessit seems).

They are the same - theres just less mobs in ACT1. The affixes and everything are the same. Got my best drops off ACT1 in the PTR
Reply Quote
They are not the same, im not talking about drop quality that prob is the same im talking about the amount of level 63 drops,

I farm act 3 on 1.04 and there not even close in 1.05 act 1 or 3,

But i have been act1 and act3 on mp5 on ptr killed same amount of elites over and over 20 in each to see how many il63 drops and when you empty your inventory of level 63 items (all i pick up on PTR to test blues and yellows) you can see the big difference in amount of il63 in act1 and act 3 they are not the same not even close there not even half thats too much of a difference to be rng as well.

this was on mp5,250mf with a dh 300kdps.

This still doesnt explain the difference in amount of il63's that drop now in act 3 right now and the amount that drop in ptr 1.05 in act 3, or the fact blizzard say in the blues it will 8% drop rate of il63 in 1.05 same as 1.04 when actually 1.04 is 16% drop rate not 8%
Edited by Psychotic#2636 on 10/15/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Because Act III just got boring after 10,000,000 runs. Now it's time to farm some Act IV!!

Wait...
Reply Quote
These were all good answers, thank you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]