Diablo® III

Witch Doctor

What set up ( magic spells, special powers) works the best for a Witch Doctor? In other words how can one set up a Witch Doctor class in order to get the best preformance
Reply Quote
don't use zombie bears. it's useless. if you want to deal huge amounts of damage you should go with haunt.
spirit walk is useless because you can't do damage with it. you should also avoid poison dart, zombie dogs and soulharvest.
Reply Quote
ZOMBEE BERRS!
Reply Quote
don't use zombie bears. it's useless. if you want to deal huge amounts of damage you should go with haunt.
spirit walk is useless because you can't do damage with it. you should also avoid poison dart, zombie dogs and soulharvest.

lol really heavenly or are you being sarcastic?
Reply Quote

They should buff zombie bears, darts, zombie dogs and soul harvest, these skills are underused imo and very weak
Reply Quote
don't use zombie bears. it's useless. if you want to deal huge amounts of damage you should go with haunt. spirit walk is useless because you can't do damage with it. you should also avoid poison dart, zombie dogs and soulharvest.
lololol thanks for the advice...op your new iam guessing and thats cool i like to help new wd add me if u want i can give u some items to help u on your journey
Edited by THEMINISTER#1611 on 10/16/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Sparticus
What set up ( magic spells, special powers) works the best for a Witch Doctor? In other words how can one set up a Witch Doctor class in order to get the best preformance

The two major end-game builds right now are bears and poison cloud. Most players are now running GF+GI passives, but that takes a bit of gearing. I recommend combining bears with your primary of choice and using a shield until your DPS improves.
Reply Quote
check profile. this works. almost cookie cutter, altho most use jaunt.

rain of toads: best

lob blob = extra meat shield that attacks... can't go wrong there

zombie bears = best on flat ground, sometimes works up/down stairs. tap don't hold, get urself some xtra mana tho

graps/corpse: slows a little and xtra dps. good stuff.

dogs/garg... are u a tank? no? dogs & garg

youtube the dog/sacrifice guy on MP10 if you want to try something different, but that requires specific gear.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I love my Witch Doctor and this is the build I am currently playing with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SfdUYT!aed!ZcZacc

Caveat! It’s not something I’d recommend for efficiency, but it seems to do very well in solo play with mid-to-low gear – which is great, especially if you don’t wanna die.
Reply Quote
Zomg a blue
Reply Quote
Suggestion with 'No Pet' aka 'Elite-killer' build, tremendous burst of power & will acclimatise player to be skiller in PvE also PvP mode. Should check on Gargantuan only build, less burst but still pack a punch than a full pet build :)
Reply Quote
did someone said zombie beers?
Reply Quote
^^ only after a 12 pack of 'health potions' :-) And glad to see a BLUE lovin' WD's!!!
Reply Quote
even though WD is the last char i made with the least played time, it was the first char i cleared inferno with. the skill that really helped keep me alive was rain of toads with 900+ LOH. I can safely sit even in desecrator pools spamming that up to inferno act 2. i did have to respec to an all pets skill set to solo diablo.
Reply Quote
I love my Witch Doctor and this is the build I am currently playing with: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#SfdUYT!aed!ZcZacc

Caveat! It’s not something I’d recommend for efficiency, but it seems to do very well in solo play with mid-to-low gear – which is great, especially if you don’t wanna die.

VERY much appreciated - seeing a blue show up in the WD forums is rarer than finding set pieces.
Edited by Jaybonaut#1871 on 10/16/2012 6:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
erh mah gerd zombie bearzzzz
Reply Quote
My current build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUYTZ!aec!accaca

Can switch Zombie Bear to Dire Bat if you prefer staying at range, especially now that Bat's mana cost is significantly reduced 1.05.
Reply Quote
The most important skills you want is Garg with the cleave rune (humongoid), it is THE best rune to keep enemies on the Garg. From there you can go firebombs or rain of toads. Darts and jumping spiders are good too but lack aoe. Acid rain and zombie bears are the best nukes, haunt might be as good now, but haven't tried it yet and also lacks aoe.

If you have the money or gold though the no cooldown dogs sacrifice build is the best thing out there, better than any other class at facerolling content, even WW barbs.
Reply Quote
I'm only doing 37k DPS and have next to nothing EHP wise lol. But I'm doing fine in A3 MP2 rocking this build...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WZgeUT!Wef!baZcac

It's a lot of fun. Pretty hard to OOM if you manage your skills right. And my Garg hasn't died once. Killed 2 groups of elites a few seconds ago right before the Seigebreaker with no problems.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]