Diablo® III

Legendaries on the Mini Map?

Why is it that after 3 seconds the notification on the minimap disappears, I by chance ran over a legendary that dropped offscreen, as I was busy fighting an elite and totally missed the notification.

The column of light and sound were a step in the right direction, but we need a visual on the minimap that we can check that lasts until it is picked up.

-Request sticky if you agree.
Reply Quote
Yes, please update that to show on the mini map until you pick the item up!
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Dustin158

Amen brother!
Reply Quote
bump

shouldn't even be a chance of a leg left behind. leave the ping on the mini map till its picked up!
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Dustin158

this
Reply Quote
Just put the legendary in my bag for me Blizzard.
Reply Quote
My god you people. How obvious does it need to be made for you? Every time a legendary drops, should a monkey pop out of your computer and hit you in the head with a mallet until you pick it up?!

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN! I've never had an issue seeing if a legendary dropped. It's not rocket science. It's simple observation.

They've made it about as idiot-proof as possible, but you still need it to be made easier, apparently. Sorry to hear you're all so awful at hitting "alt" and looking around your screen for a few seconds.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 08:37 AMPosted by MoonUnit
I've never had an issue seeing if a legendary dropped.

How would you know? Maybe you missed out on some godly Legs :)
Reply Quote
My god you people. How obvious does it need to be made for you? Every time a legendary drops, should a monkey pop out of your computer and hit you in the head with a mallet until you pick it up?!

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN! I've never had an issue seeing if a legendary dropped. It's not rocket science. It's simple observation.

They've made it about as idiot-proof as possible, but you still need it to be made easier, apparently. Sorry to hear you're all so awful at hitting "alt" and looking around your screen for a few seconds.

The problem isn't hitting alt or opening your eyes and looking. Here are some examples of the problem and why we need a map ping. When playing in a group and dying, if we aren't always well coordinated, I will miss areas someone has cleared in an effort to keep up. Other times we don't banner appropriately and need to run long distances to get back to the fight. It is easy to miss an item and I have mine set to stay on. Sometimes items also get buried under other items and if I'm rushing to keep up I will bypass it. A consistent map ping until pickup takes nothing away from the game.
Reply Quote
Excuses. Be an observant person and you won't have any issues.
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 09:35 AMPosted by MoonUnit
Excuses. Be an observant person and you won't have any issues.

You don't get it :) Clearly...
Reply Quote
hell, mark the legendary on my minimap AND map until it's picked up.
Reply Quote
WW barbs running all over the place leaving the group behind.... Still more QQ for them.
Reply Quote
if the beam of light stays until the legendary is picked up, I don't see why the ping can't. Otherwise, I say keep the duration of the ping the same as the duration for the beam.
Reply Quote
/agree!

Please leave it on the map.
Reply Quote
it is very valid!

they should blink in map/minimap all the time until they are picked up... by the way, is the light bar green on set drops? I have never saw one :)

I saw a set helm (Natalaya's) drop on the PTR. No light, no noise, no ping. But the green letters made it nice and obvious.

Note 1: People complained that the orange text blended in too much with the background, hence the light.

Note 2: I complained that I nearly left the first set piece I found, since I thought it was just another book drop... so they changed the color of the books. If it's green, it is a set. Yay!
Reply Quote
10/17/2012 11:26 AMPosted by chess
WW barbs running all over the place leaving the group behind.... Still more QQ for them.

The problem is that at high MP levels I am kiting a lot more. Not rushing through packs. Had the same issue on my wizard and monk.

The pace is frantic on high MP levels and I am kiting forwards and backwards.
Reply Quote

Um... If you don't want to miss a legendary, then go back and look...

If you feel that going back and looking is not time efficient...

Then don't go back and look...

If you don't go back and look, who's fault is it that you missed it?

I'll give you a hint... It's not Blizzards.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]