Diablo® III

Everybody Loves Shen Achievement Bugged????

01/03/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Javrius
You guys will know as soon as it is fixed because it will be listed in the patch notes. Since the 1.0.6 patch notes did not contain this information, I think it is safe to say the bug is still not fixed.

I'll note that it isn't listed in the 1.07 patch notes either. Are we to assume that this simply won't ever be fixed? Last blue response was over three months ago. Doesn't appear to have been fixed on the PTR either.

I like D3 and still enjoy playing it, and many recent changes have gone a long way to keeping it interesting longer term, but things that are as "obvious" as this being ignored for multiple patches in a row without any sort of status update are rather discouraging. As someone else commented, it really makes me wonder what other things we're supposed to be able to do that we simply can't, and how many hours I've put into trying to complete objectives that the game makes literally impossible.
Reply Quote
Is this bug EVER going to be fixed??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Reply Quote
This will get fixed, eventually. But it's an exceedingly low-priority issue. They have tons of other, more important bugs to address, that result in people losing characters or items, skills not working properly, etc. Or are you saying they should tackle bugs based on how easy they are to fix, rather than the consequences of them not being fixed?

Tell that to anyone who's ever lost a hardcore character to a bug. Or a valuable item. I don't think they'll be pleased with you.
Edited by DashLektrik#1704 on 2/3/2013 9:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
This will get fixed, eventually. But it's an exceedingly low-priority issue. They have tons of other, more important bugs to address, that result in people losing characters or items, skills not working properly, etc. Or are you saying they should tackle bugs based on how easy they are to fix, rather than the consequences of them not being fixed?

Tell that to anyone who's ever lost a hardcore character to a bug. Or a valuable item. I don't think they'll be pleased with you.

A bug priority assessment involves BOTH how easy it is to fix, how serious it is, AND how COMMON it is. A 'random' issue that only affects a small percentage of players is generally assigned a relatively low priority unless it's an outright gamebreaker/showstopper level issue, since it's rare AND hard to fix (because its relative rarity and randomness-factor makes it hard to nail down.)

Which means that an issue like this - which is (from all appearances) a fairly simple fix, and which affects exactly 100% of all players (who are in a position to experience it at all), would normally have a higher relative priority than one of those 'tons of more important' issues you mentioned.

The only serious issue that affects a high percentage of players in the current version of the game is... the AH problems. Which is kinda' hard to miss since roughly 99% of this entire board seems dedicated to informing Blizz that it exists. (Apparently, some interesting effect of this issue makes it entirely impossible for anyone who have observed or suffered from any of its permutations to simply comment about it in an existing thread instead of making yet another one.)

So unless you're postulating that Blizz doesn't have enough personnel in their QA department to deal with two simultaneous issues... your argument seems shaky.
Reply Quote
What I'm saying is that they fixed this bug once -- and it came back. Thus, it's no longer a "simple" issue with an "easy" fix. It also has no significant consequences, and doesn't even cause missed opportunities or wasted time, unlike other bugs -- including achievement bugs, such as "Bashanishu", "A Unique Collection", or "A Rare Phenomenon".
Reply Quote
FIX IT! Blizzard you disappoint me.
Reply Quote
02/04/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Javrius
What I'm saying is that they fixed this bug once -- and it came back. Thus, it's no longer a "simple" issue with an "easy" fix. It also has no significant consequences, and doesn't even cause missed opportunities or wasted time, unlike other bugs -- including achievement bugs, such as "Bashanishu", "A Unique Collection", or "A Rare Phenomenon".

Fair enough, I'll give you all of those... but those are all stand-alone achievements. One of the things that makes Everybody Loves Shen such an utterly ANNOYING bug is that being unable to get this also automatically makes you unable to get two OTHER achievements. Which makes it three times as annoying to any achievement-hunter.

As for the fact that they fixed it once and it came back... that's a backwards argument. They DID fix it... for release, even, if memory serves. (I believe the original issue was back in the Beta.) Which means that rectifying this situation is a simple matter of A: Doing the same thing they did last time and B: Find out who screwed up during the patch that reintroduced the problem, and tell him to get his act together.

Not exactly a gordian knot.
Reply Quote
Hey the Victory conversation from jeweler is STILL not fixed. 2-11-2013. When r u guys going to fix it? U guys said last year it was going to be fixed..
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 10:06 AMPosted by pharlap
Hey the Victory conversation from jeweler is STILL not fixed. 2-11-2013. When r u guys going to fix it? U guys said last year it was going to be fixed..

Is it fixed now? I think one of my friends got the achievement but I am not sure how. Maybe I read it wrong. It is 2-15-2013
Reply Quote
This was fixed in patch 1.0.7
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8608455/
  • Players can once again access the “Victory” dialogue option through Covetous Shen
  • Reply Quote
    it is not bugged. kill diablo and don't end the game. teleport back to town and talk to shen. this is how i got mine.
    Reply Quote
    Its not hugged anymore. I just killed diabo, went back to town and talked to Shen. After the short conversation I got the achievement.
    Reply Quote
    Hi my friends!

I've the solution for you all.

Please goto this section of the forum:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8729064106

and read my solution for this issue :)

Thanks!
    Sincerely Etix
    Edited by Etix#2494 on 4/30/2013 6:43 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]