Diablo® III

Resident evil 6

I just picked it up

what did you guys think of it?
Reply Quote
why did they change all the voice actors????
Reply Quote
The camera angle is really pissing me off
Edited by Leon#1568 on 10/15/2012 1:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's bad.
Reply Quote
Metacritic scores are 1.2 for PS3 and 1.5 for Xbox 360.

Last week, it was 0.6 average.

I know - it's Metacritic - but damn that's funny stuff.
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 10/15/2012 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wow after only 20 mins of playing the Camera style is driving me INSANE

Did they fire the writers for the other games too? The charecters seem more lame
Reply Quote
This is coming from a life long RE fan who has played all the games in the series and owns most of them (none of the rail shooters).

It's surprisingly !@#$ty. After the stellar 3DS game, I had high hopes that the series was heading in a good direction. Now I'm not so sure. Hopefully Capcom takes notes that most people don't want this kind of RE game.

My biggest issue is that it uses too many characters so you're not attached to any of them. I don't care about the new characters (Helena and Jake). I don't care about the annoying little girl from RE2 that's all grown up now (Sherry). I don't even care about Ada who was a secondary character in a couple games. I barely care about Leon and Chris and that's because they're main characters in OTHER RE games.

The camera is annoying. Overuse of QTEs. It's not survival horror in any way, shape or form. Hopefully it's just a misstep and the series won't die off/continue down this path.
Reply Quote
The demo was notoriously awful and it has been getting the lowest scores I have ever seen from a RE game.

I guess they assume they'll just slap a "Resident Evil" label on any pile of garbage and it will sell. Sadly, they are somewhat correct.

... kinda reminds me of D3 actually...
Reply Quote
I dont think they will ever go back to Survival horror because RE5 and RE6 play more like action games. Capcom even said they wanted a more action feel to resident evil witch is somthing i don't really want to see.

I have read a lot of reviews and the people that like this game keep saying that it's 'evolving', how is it evolving? into somthing we don't like anymore? A evolved game was the resident evil REMAKE on the gamecube that was a amazing game. Why can't it evolve into somthing like that?

Many old school RE fans now want a remake of RE2 but I say with Capcoms recent philosophy change i'd say it's just a bad idea.. First Diablo, then Metroid, now RE??? what's happening in the gaming world today.....
Edited by Leon#1568 on 10/16/2012 12:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Leon
I dont think they will ever go back to Survival horror because RE5 and RE6 play more like action games. Capcom even said they wanted a more action feel to resident evil witch is somthing i don't really want to see.

I won't count them out just yet. As I mentioned above, the 3DS RE game was great and it had that survival horror feel to it. It was released earlier this year. My faith is shaken but not broken just yet.

10/16/2012 12:18 AMPosted by Leon
First Diablo, then Metroid, now RE

Well technically, first would be Metroid unless you didn't like D2 (I actually don't care for it as much as most around here). Even then, with Other M, the gameplay was great and lots of fun. I wouldn't mind more Metroid games in that style. The problem was how they personified Samus and turned her into a teenage girl with retarded dialogue like "confession time". Taking a long time silent protagonist, aside from very minor stuff such as the Super Metoid intro or grunts in Prime, and giving her lots of dialogue was very risky and it didn't pay off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]