Diablo® III

Vit vs. Life %

I am looking at getting either tals armor or Zuni marrow, but I want to make sure that the vit I buy is high enough to be an upgrade over what I am currently using.

At my current "setup" my chest armor has 5% life on it, and I am wondering what a vitality equivalent would be.

Is there a general rule for this (10 vit = 1%, something like that). I don't want to buy a high end chest piece to see red numbers in the life category.
Reply Quote
Use a calculator - that's the best answer I can give you.
Reply Quote
Can you recommend a good one?
Reply Quote
Using a calculator would give you the exact values, yeah.

Or, if you just want an estimate that you can do the math in your head, just use 1% life = 1% of your vit (makes sense, since hp is almost proportional to vitality).

So you have 695 vit, which means 1% would be worth around 7 vit. Note that the more vitality you have, the better the 1% life becomes.
Reply Quote
your life total at lvl 60 is (276+Vitality*35)*(1+%life/100)
Reply Quote
Using a calculator would give you the exact values, yeah.

Or, if you just want an estimate that you can do the math in your head, just use 1% life = 1% of your vit (makes sense, since hp is almost proportional to vitality).

So you have 695 vit, which means 1% would be worth around 7 vit. Note that the more vitality you have, the better the 1% life becomes.

Very true, I didn't think of it that way. Your method is what I needed. Thanks for the reply!
Reply Quote

In general, for a 35k hp toon, 1% life = 10 vit.

+1
Reply Quote
If you're wizard, go Tal rasha. The IAS is amazing and you will never go back.
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 03:25 PMPosted by zoltrix12
If you're wizard, go Tal rasha. The IAS is amazing and you will never go back.

Definitely leaning towards Tal's but it might hurt if I get one without all resist, and I don't think I can afford one with more than 15-20 all resist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]