Diablo® III

D3 was written by a softy

One has to have great imagination to write Diablo 3. A movie written by a person who has a broad imagination was The "Saw". It was down right sick. D3 should have been written by someone who can mentally explore the sick and demented aspects of beings while tuning into the righteous and beautiful aspects of beings then creating a war where the bad wins all the way up to the end when the righteous make a comeback.

This storyline was no crazier than something out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles storyline. No sicko take over of the world, no frighting demons, nothing. Just good graphics. Someone didn't put nearly enough time into the imaginative war between good and pure evil.
Reply Quote
Alcarnus was about as twisted and grizzly as you can get. The burning bodies in New Tristram wasn't exactly pretty either. I don't know why people keep complaining about D3.
Reply Quote
or even the severed heads and twisted torture elements that proliferate throughout Leoric's dungeon or an assortment of all sorts of things going on inside the backgrounds.

Part of your disappointment is from becoming desensitized to this medium because other products can focus on the horror/gore aspects of sick and twisted murder.
For being 'no crazier' than a mild mannered teenfling, I don't know of many stories where the physical embodiment of supreme evil marches on "Heaven" and nearly destroys everything in existence and turning "glory" into a hellish gloom of dark corruption.
Reply Quote
Killing off Leah without warning wasn't that soft.
However the Disney ending was pretty terrible.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 02:00 AMPosted by OneShot
This storyline was no crazier than something out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles storyline. No sicko take over of the world, no frighting demons, nothing.

Let's see.....Belial and Azmodan gained control over sizeable portions of Sanctuary, comparable to Mephisto's reign in D2. Diablo spread a great deal of corruption through the High Heavens and almost consumed the realm completely. Also, those demons weren't scary because they were on the other side of the computer screen.

If it weren't for the fact that there will be a few expansions coming, I'd retort that D3 was supposed to be the happy ending of the series. I'd rather have seen the High Heavens and the Burning Hells broken, with neither in any place to muck around in Sanctuary.
Reply Quote
10/20/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Wurg
Let's see.....Belial and Azmodan gained control over sizeable portions of Sanctuary, comparable to Mephisto's reign in D2. Diablo spread a great deal of corruption through the High Heavens and almost consumed the realm completely. Also, those demons weren't scary because they were on the other side of the computer screen.

op just got struck down.
Reply Quote

that and their totally forgetting Leah's death right after her being turned into Diablo
Reply Quote
51 Human Paladin
It seem that blizzard just gave up at trying to make a story after the first act. I would be more afraid of Kyuubey, from a magical girls series, then the bad liar belial, 10 year old pit lord Azmodan, or female diablo.
Reply Quote
10/27/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Tuto
It seem that blizzard just gave up at trying to make a story after the first act. I would be more afraid of Kyuubey, from a magical girls series, then the bad liar belial, 10 year old pit lord Azmodan, or female diablo.

My sentiments exactly.
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
Alcarnus was about as twisted and grizzly as you can get. The burning bodies in New Tristram wasn't exactly pretty either. I don't know why people keep complaining about D3.

or even the severed heads and twisted torture elements that proliferate throughout Leoric's dungeon or an assortment of all sorts of things going on inside the backgrounds.

Nonsense. Learn to read the OP more carefully. He's stating that it's the story and its presentation that needs work

I agree that Diablo III is incredibly lacking when compared to Diablo II. Characters such as, "Taunt You Everytime you're in Town Azmodanl", "Disguised as a kid Belial", "Kinky Morriga- Spider Lady", "I won't shut up Paladin", and "Lecherous Rogue" are jokes compared to Andariel, Duriel, Mephisto, Warriv, and Ormus. The atmosphere is simply way too light-hearted compared to the grim tone of Diablo II.

It doesn't have to downright dark, but it should at least convey itself as a serious and hostile fantasy world. The world of D3 is light-hearted fantasy, which the developers took so seriously that it's actually an embarassing joke.
Edited by CmdrShepard#1204 on 10/27/2012 6:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If Azmodan didn't tell you where he is going to strike and if Maghda didn't tell you all about her schemes, then it might have been more exciting.
Reply Quote
10/26/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Light
Diablo 3 was written by a man who obviously has been screwed over by women in the past. It's anti-female themes are so strong its crazy. I feel for the writer and hope his wounds heal in time.

Care to provide anything in Diablo 3 that indicates this. All the female classes are equal to their male counterparts, and both Belial and Adria try to betray you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]