Diablo® III

Storm chasers can always hope

10/16/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Shaggy
I assume you are talking about Unrelenting Storm/sleet storm which is so OP it isn't even funny. I mean, mobs always stand still for 8 seconds, and while they do, you can get them with your super close range channeled spell! Lets chase that storm indeed!

Yep. Thread is about new OP Sleet Storm build. We managed to keep it under wraps until today thanks to Wiz Club. But now, Blizz is nerfing it as we speak.

No need for thread to lament. Build was dead before it even got its 1.05 legs.

No hope for Sleet-stormers.
Reply Quote
Darnit Jimbo what are you thinking?! Delete NAAAAAAOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Reply Quote
I assume you are talking about Unrelenting Storm/sleet storm which is so OP it isn't even funny. I mean, mobs always stand still for 8 seconds, and while they do, you can get them with your super close range channeled spell! Lets chase that storm indeed!

I lol'd
Reply Quote
View profile
10/16/2012 02:03 PMPosted by TheMoj

I lol'd

dont laugh its dmg is perfect during those first couple of seconds of uninterrupted freeze time, if ur working with another freeze wiz, elites melt so fast when u use sleet storm, its y i didnt bother making any big cm upgrades, all i gotta do is hold elites for 6 seconds, while my farmin buddy melt them down
Reply Quote

It's all about skill, of course. The trick is to micro-kite, abusing the mighty chill effect! Then you take an arrow to the knee and die, but that's just how we roll.
Reply Quote
honestly if sleet storm had even slightly the same sucking in effect as cyclone strike, it would be really really fun and interesting and I would bust my ice trying to make a build around it... But that would encourage build diversity, so we can't have that.
Reply Quote
10/16/2012 02:34 PMPosted by Shaggy
honestly if sleet storm had even slightly the same sucking in effect as cyclone strike, it would be really really fun and interesting and I would bust my ice trying to make a build around it... But that would encourage build diversity, so we can't have that.

They need to change how Sleet Storm works... I think what they could/should do to it is instead of making it have such a short range, make it spit out low damage ice bolts in all directions while keeping the high damage short range effect, essentially turning it into a sort of stationary version of Frozen Orb from D2. I think that would be cool...
Edited by TheMoj#1726 on 10/16/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Have ppl not learned over the countless nerfs not to blab about stuff on the forums. How do you think meteor got nerfed before patch was released?

OP please change title if u arent able to delete. Call it easy bake oven or something. Anything other than what it is now
Edited by Whistlr#1908 on 10/16/2012 2:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
God damnit! Oh well... you did it out of good intentions...
Reply Quote
What's the point now? 1.05 is being released today, its not like they are going to go back and re-patch the game for one skill. If it wasn't picked up in PTR then it'll probably work when it goes live. Now its just a question of when they decide to hotfix it.
Reply Quote
^ love your other posts, but i don't think you understand what the OP initially posted about.
Edited by makistar#1237 on 10/16/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do patch notes no longer show up in launcher for me?
Reply Quote
Have ppl not learned over the countless nerfs not to blab about stuff on the forums. How do you think meteor got nerfed before patch was released?

OP please change title if u arent able to delete. Call it easy bake oven or something. Anything other than what it is now

And what's the point in being secretive? Buying time to get even more invested in a build before the nerf eventually comes? If they hadn't nerfed Meteor at 1.0.5, they'd have nerfed it in 1.0.6 after seeing how every CM wizard had simply replaced SC by Star Pact.
Edited by puppi#1169 on 10/16/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
XXXXXXXXXX don't want to get flamed. 2nd edit comment.

First edit: Either that or I'm just flat out awesome. Haven't decided yet
Edited by Chopain#1624 on 10/16/2012 3:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
XXXXXXXXXX don't want to get flamed. 2nd edit comment.

First edit: Either that or I'm just flat out awesome. Haven't decided yet

Didnt read ur first comment but i think i know what ur going at and I was thinking the exact same thing
Reply Quote
Yea sleet storm is the !@#$ guys, that combined with wave of force is the new op build for 1.0.5
Reply Quote
Lets chase that storm indeed!

Lol. That's it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]