Diablo® III

SUGGESTION: BALANCE BENEFITS OF CAREERS

The high light characters of each career are really important for player to choose their careers. But currently it is not very balanced.

I believe that Barbarian and Monk have a 30% damage reduce, while others (Witch Doctor, Demon Hunter, and Wizard) have nothing special. This causes a unbalance on the careers itself. As everything else is the same, why not choose Barbarian or Monk with bonus on the damage reduction?

Each career should has its own special bonus that can separate them from others. Not just as simple as now. My suggestion is:

Barbarian: 30% Damage reduction. (Barbarian is typical melee, damage reduce is acceptable.)

Monk: 15% Avoid Hit bonus, and 15% Damage reduction.(Monk should not be the same as Barbarian. As Dex is the key, may be Avoid Hit bonus is good).

Witch Doctor: 30% Bonus on Lift (As it is “Doctor” why not increase the life for them?)

Wizard: 30% Damage Boost (Wizard can have high damage, increase damage is a good choice)

Demon Hunter: 30% Avoid hit (I know you feel this is too much, but in another word, if DH did not avoid the hit, he almost dies instantly.)

And in this case, each career has 30% bonus on different area. And will make player to have a balance choice on different careers.

Of cause we can have different bonus too, like movement speed, critical hit change or others. But really we need a way to balance them.
Reply Quote
dodge is shyt, please dont make blizz nerf monk anymore. :((
Reply Quote
10/14/2012 06:21 PMPosted by TerranKing
Demon Hunter: 30% Avoid hit (I know you feel this is too much, but in another word, if DH did not avoid the hit, he almost dies instantly.)

Demon Hunter dodges attacks a lot (at least mine does) but mine also has LoH/LL which your DH lacks and better res, so he really does not almost die instantly (and I am pretty sure your gear cost plenty times more than mine).

And do not forget the various escape skills when you compare classes, as it stands now barbs are definitely overpowered.
Reply Quote
Not sure but I heard there is a cap on dodge. If true, additional dodge doesn't really help DH and monk much because they already have a high chance from dex.

Also iirc dex doesn't work against some affixes in 1.0.5.

Can anyone confirm if there is a cap on dodge and if it works on all affixes on 1.0.5?
Reply Quote
if barb didn't get dam reduction it would be unplayable it's a quick fix (IMO obv) to re-balance and make the class still attractive to players. Low dps (relativley) and reeeeeeeeediculously expensive weapons requiring very direct and specific affixes to them to make you able to compete in groups and still provide a service to the party make it uneconomical and difficult to learn/play ("Dude slow down wait for us...." how many barbs just spin ahead?)so they gave it to us for those reasons, we got positive reinforcement not you get negative.
Reply Quote
@ Creedular

Maybe you wouldn't need that much "positive reinforcement" if your barb had more hp and res - ehp ~400k is ridiculously low for a barb (especially at your paragon level).
Reply Quote
@ Creedular

Maybe you wouldn't need that much "positive reinforcement" if your barb had more hp and res - ehp ~400k is ridiculously low for a barb (especially at your paragon level).

How's the view from that horse mate?
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Multiball

Sorry if I have hit a raw nerve there :)

But you might take that as a positive suggestion and look at your build instead of whinging.
Reply Quote
10/15/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Asmodeus

Sorry if I have hit a raw nerve there :)

But you might take that as a positive suggestion and look at your build instead of whinging.

Eh, I was whinging?
Resorting to build bashing?? What do you suggest I do, go cookie cutter builds, hit up the RMAH lvl a heap to 60, do the same on HC, abandon them then get on the forums and act like King Farouk?
As I said, it must be a nice view from that horse.
Reply Quote
Round 2

ding ding ding
Reply Quote
Eh, I was whinging? Resorting to build bashing?? What do you suggest I do, go cookie cutter builds, hit up the RMAH lvl a heap to 60, do the same on HC, abandon them then get on the forums and act like King Farouk?As I said, it must be a nice view from that horse.

Yes, you were.
Seems your raw nerve is still hurting.
Relax, relax - why don't you have a look on Diabloprogress and compare various barbs.
And you are barking up a totally wrong tree if your further comments were meant for me:
Just have a look at the equipment of my chars, if I would have used the rmah I certainly would have better and there is no rmah for hc in case you didn't know. But good you mention hc, you learn to build chars towards survivability rather than cookie-cutter dps-junkie ones. Btw, the hc chars are not abandoned but to progress further I first have to farm for better gear - why don't you try hc to find out?
Finally, I didn't attack you but made a comment to "Creedular", that you then attacked me shows that you lack self-confidence.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]